Country music thread

I have a hard time listening to Isbell. I'm not denying he's great but something just doesn't click with me.
I get that everyone who is good still isn’t good to every single person on earth but his first 4 albums, plus what he did with the Truckers, are among the greatest music runs in my own personal hierarchy.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
I think I like Cody more than anybody not named Dallas in this thread. Having said that, he’s not in the same ballpark as the three you just mentioned.
I would disagree on sturgill on isbell but agree on Childers. If sturgill had kept doing what he had been it would be closer

I would disagree on sturgill on isbell but agree on Childers. If sturgill had kept doing what he had been it would be closer
My favorite Sturgill is Sunday Valley Sturgill so he keeps moving farther and farther away from what I like the absolute most about him. Having said that, I still recognize that he’s a damn genius and he’s never made a bad record.

My favorite Sturgill is Sunday Valley Sturgill so he keeps moving farther and farther away from what I like the absolute most about him. Having said that, I still recognize that he’s a damn genius and he’s never made a bad record.
Definitely not, just not my style.

It also gives you bragging rights for knowing someone before they blow up! Lol

Attachments

• B0B3A768-E0B3-4634-9E0C-6FFE24C5A391.jpeg
    B0B3A768-E0B3-4634-9E0C-6FFE24C5A391.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 9
Sturgill doesn't give an f that you miss his old music. Either enjoy his journey or screw off.

Sturgill doesn't give an f that you miss his old music. Either enjoy his journey or screw off.
Well, I mean I’m not a rock fan so of course I’m not gonna like it. I don’t see what the problem of people wanting to hear what they started listening to him for.

I feel the same way about Stapleton and I can feel however I d*** well please. They have the right to go in whatever direction they want and I have the right to feel however I feel about it. If anyone can screw off, it’s you.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
I feel the same way about Stapleton and I can feel however I d*** well please. They have the right to go in whatever direction they want and I have the right to feel however I feel about it. If anyone can screw off, it’s you.
By gawd we agree 😂

I still like Stapleton, but his steel drivers stuff is SO good.

Like both volumes of From A Room.

Haven’t dug into Sturgill’s new stuff much. What I have heard, I liked okay. Not in the same league as his earlier stuff.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin

VN Store

Back