Countdown to first pitch

46 Days!

46 - the number of hits both Derkay and Ammo had in 2017. I got to witness 6 hits from each of them in San Diego when they played in the Tony Gwynn Classic, including each of them having a 4-4 day against UC Irvine in a wild game.

That season started off so promising.

45 days!

45 - the number of runs Stewie scored and strikeouts Andrew Lee had in 2014. Also, rbi totals for Eric King and Josh Alley in 2005.
Thanks for this mention. He went to Anna-Jonesboro HS here in southern Illinois, not too far from where I live and teach. I got to see Josh play basketball in our Eldorado Holiday Tournament and a few times in baseball. I'm always glad to see someone from So Ill choose to continue their athletic career at Tennessee.

44 days!

Nod to the newb txbo. RIP to one of my all time favs. I still have the 715 SI.

View attachment 426204View attachment 426203
I hope I still have this SI, but I do have fond memories. I was there (NO BS!).
It was my first day on the Braves beat for an Alabama paper. My boss was there to do the heavy lifting, while I wrote sidebar after interview w/ Tom House -- the Brave lefty who caught the shot in the bullpen. I remained in Atlanta for rest of the series and the following one.. Great regret was that I failed to savor or take advantage of my period covering Braves, I was in my early 20s. Enough said

I hope I still have this SI, but I do have fond memories. I was there (NO BS!).
It was my first day on the Braves beat for an Alabama paper. My boss was there to do the heavy lifting, while I wrote sidebar after interview w/ Tom House -- the Brave lefty who caught the shot in the bullpen. I remained in Atlanta for rest of the series and the following one.. Great regret was that I failed to savor or take advantage of my period covering Braves, I was in my early 20s. Enough said

That is awesome. I also have a signed bat my Dad got for me.

That is awesome. I also have a signed bat my Dad got for me.
What a treasure. Did your Dad live in Atlanta at time?
all the writers who were in attendance received Aaron by Furman Bisher and a certificate that they were g there that night. /Braves were unable to seat all members of media in the press box until the day after. It was a crushing week personally. Tried to reconnect w/ flame who was undergrad at Emory, We met for drinks at hotel lounge but she brought boyfriend w\her.
She married him the next year. He was a med student

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back