Countdown to first pitch

I’m guessing a high temperature that day of 40 degrees, but I’ll be there 🥶

Was wondering how they handle this at BC, where I was a student, checked their schedule and they start the season off with 20 consecutive road games! 🤣 (and funny enough kick off at Austin Peay)

Reactions: ArdentVol
Was wondering how they handle this at BC, where I was a student, checked their schedule and they start the season off with 20 consecutive road games! 🤣 (and funny enough kick off at Austin Peay)
The northern schools often start with southern swings. Over the years, UT has hosted schools on their way down to play foes in Florida.
I remember one year we opened hosting Quinnipiac (possibly known more for their political polling than baseball). Their outfielders misplayed a few long flies. I never said anything; some parents said their guys hadn’t had an outdoor practice since December because of the weather.
I don’t remember the full story, but the reason why Tennessee was hosting Quinnipiac was because Serrano was being a class act – someone he got to know well in Knoxville had a son who played for Quinnipiac. The father had cancer and was in poor health, and the intent was for the father to throw out the first pitch for the first game. Unfortunately, the father did not survive. I believe his widow, the mother of the Quinnipiac player, threw out the first pitch.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back