Could it be Chaney?

He joined Twitter last month...

The amount of time on Twitter doesn't make Jay Nichols Sports false. He did predict Crouch commiting and Yurich to OSU the day before it was official. Those are the only two things I have seen him predict in the last month. Was he lucky to go two for two on predictions? Yes, he pretty much had a 50/50 shot to be right on both predictions. But, he did call both the day before it happened. He also said 3 weeks ago (December 17th) his sources said OC wouldn't be announced until after UT's new OC coached a bowl game with current team. He didn't say anything about the NFL. We shall see. Does anyone have a more legitimate source?????

Will someone ask him if next week is actually this week? I am not on Twitter. He is getting blasted for having too many followers and being on Twitter about a month!!! LOL

Last edited:
The amount of time on Twitter doesn't make Jay Nichols Sports false. He did predict Crouch commiting and Yurich to OSU the day before it was official. Those are the only two things I have seen him predict in the last month. Was he lucky to go two for two on predictions? Yes, he pretty much had a 50/50 shot to be right on both predictions. But, he did call both the day before it happened. He also said 3 weeks ago (December 17th) his sources said OC wouldn't be announced until after UT's new OC coached a bowl game with current team. He didn't say anything about the NFL. We shall see. Does anyone have a more legitimate source?????

Will someone ask him if next week is actually this week? I am not on Twitter. He is getting blasted for having too many followers and being on Twitter about a month!!! LOL

He said announcement next week on Dec. 8th. He isn't 2 for 2 as you say. I also don't see where he predicted Crouch. Looking at his twitter he seems to be reporting the same things that everybody else is with a few guesses here and there.

I don't get equating how long someone has been on Social media to how valid their information is. He's not a newborn baby and he may or may not know things and is just choosing to join a conversation.
Doesn't hurt to be reasonably skeptical of things your hear on the internet. Jay Nichols could be a 600 pound woman named Dawn for all any of us know.

Reactions: CA_Vol
3536359-female-gypsy-fortune-teller-with-a-crystal-ball.jpg

Reactions: RollerVol

I’m an English teacher. It’s my job to doubt source credibility. Haha

None that requires him to run the offense. As a position coach and recruiter I'd disagree.

He might have a CO-OC title but he will not be calling plays. Would be a title to get him paid for his recruiting services.

Ok, I want to be "IN THE KNOW" on the OC search. LOL I am counting on you Butchna to make it happen!
Soon as De1 hooks me up, I’ll start with seemingly random but exceedingly clever riddles. Guaranteed to not inform but general enough where I can claim credit of knowledge when the deed was done. “Yeah...that’s the guy I was talking about. Notice his right eye? That’s what I meant by Mr. Peanut!” Now excuse me whilst I wiki obscure movie trivia. 🤔

Reactions: Behr
So, if we want Kiffen for something, he was responsible for Crompton. If we want Chaney, he was?

You don't need all the info on the team. All you need to see is a good product on the field. When CJP gives UT fans 10 plus wins every year including a bowl win. You won't care about your explanation of the insider info you feel you are entitled to as a fan!!!
Not to good at reading comprehension are ya. I'm pretty sure I said Pruitt doesn't owe many anything, so I don't think I'm untitled to anything except for some random poster to read my post and comprehend it. But I'm probably over shooting after thinking nbn g about it.

Crompton? You mean our highest rated QB recruit since Manning? What an achievement to get him to a 136(!) qbr as a SENIOR. 13 picks. For comparison, JG had a 141 qbr as a sophomore this year. Sorry if I'm not impressed.

What DID he do with Peterman? Maybe you're misremembering, but he was there in 2015, when Peterman has a 136 qbr. It was 2016 when he hit a whopping 163 qbr.

The year before Chaney came to Pitt - over 6.15 ypp and 31 ppg. The year after he left - over 6.7 ypp and 40 ppg. Chaney's year? Less than 5.8 ypp and 28 ppg. Man, what a wizard!

Dude just treads water any time he doesn't have a ton of talent to work with. Once he does have a crazy amount of talent, he does what would be expected, nothing more. No Oklahoma, Clemson, Bama, OSU, Ok St, etc offensive numbers, yet he has the talent to match or exceed right now, so why can't he?

Tee Martin, Casey Clausen and James Banks were all rated as high as Crompton coming out of high school.

VN Store

Back