Could it be Chaney?

I think we will know this week who it is. If it was an NFL guy, then it should be done by Friday. If it is a college coach there is no reason to wait to offer the position. If it is believed we already have our coach then it should be announced this week. If we don't have an announcement. I can't see how we aren't interviewing people if we don't already know who we are hiring. If we are interviewing people, their agents will let it leak to help get them as much money and suitors as possible.

I seriously haven't considered Cheney. Would be happy with that him.

No hunting trips unless it is with CDD or CBJ! lol

Reactions: VolNExile
Jim Chaney holds the all-time highest winning percentage of Tennessee Coaches..... 100% ….. and he knows how to beat Kentucky!

………. 1-0

Last edited:
Reactions: greenbacknative
I really don't care who we hire as our next OC as long as he can check some serious boxes...

1...He's a excellent teacher of football and gets the best out of all players.

2...He's a excellent recruiter and knows how to get top recruits to come to Tennessee to play for him.

3...He's strong on discipline and won't put up with crap that can hurt our team or school.

4...He knows how to motivate his coaching staff and all our players.

5...He puts points on the board and gets us WINS no matter how good the D is we're playing against.

If our next OC can do those things then I don't care if his name is Daffy Duck.

VFL...GBO!!!

Then why is he coaching RBs? 👀

My guess is that Pruitt had an opening for a RB coach and was impressed with Weinke.
It looked like a Saban move to me. Hire a guy that you want and find a place to put him.
Maybe Pruitt thought it would be good to have a spare QB coach around in case he was needed.
Plus he can teach RBs what a QB needs in terms of routes and protection.

Reactions: Volbrando
Do not want anyway. Another guy requiring a ton of talent to operate. Gimme a "more with less" guy. We'll never have Bama's talent, so we better be hiring guys that could give us a leg up elsewhere, because shooting par aint gonna win for us.
Never say never. The Vols have out-talented them before believe it or not. The Bama house of cards will fold one day - they all do. We did like a cheap tent but, one day, they will too.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
So we expect an OC from a team that competed for a NC last year and came close this year, to leave for TN that hasn’t competed since 1998?...AND was criticized pretty much his entire tenure at TN..I wish we had a shot but thinking we always deserve better is what got us here

Reactions: Devo182
So we expect an OC from a team that competed for a NC last year and came close this year, to leave for TN that hasn’t competed since 1998?...AND was criticized pretty much his entire tenure at TN..I wish we had a shot but thinking we always deserve better is what got us here

Can’t wait to find out what thinking we deserve WORSE lands us.

VN Store

Back