Could it be Chaney?

It won't be him but it would be great if it was. Bring the only undefeated head coach in Tennessee history. Seriously though, it would be huge upgrade for us from Helton.

I agree. I have to believe some of these posters are extremely young and do not remember the years we dominated Bama.
I’m young. But I know all about it. But I believe for the most part your right. Most 20 something year olds see UT as the UT of the past 10 years.

I agree. I have to believe some of these posters are extremely young and do not remember the years we dominated Bama.

We have to develops that talent & get a coach who is not X and O by Muschamp, Spurrier or Mullen.
Talented player alone won't get us there

Reactions: Devo182
RB coach is not a do or die hire but having Gillespie or Trooper Taylor on staff helped recruiting and helping play in the backfield
Right however having someone who's a friend of the program at IMG on staff isn't a bad thing. Will Friend is awful, during his time at UGA they wanted him gone.

For a few years, can’t remember specifics, but I’m pretty sure that Tennessee had more players in the NFL than any other school.

The Negavols who act as if Tennessee can’t recruit against top programs are wrong. What we’re experiencing is the result of almost historical level incompetence at the top. Specifically, at the President, Chancellor and AD positions. THAT is why we hired incompetents like Dooley and Jones.

It’s hard to really blame the coaches, most anyone would have taken the money.

What was the story with him pissing off some schools in the mid state, essentially black listing him from those schools
Not aware of those rumors. Just know some on here pining for him we’re big on questioning his success when here. Good solid coach, imo. Haven’t suffered an iota without him.

I think we will know this week who it is. If it was an NFL guy, then it should be done by Friday. If it is a college coach there is no reason to wait to offer the position. If it is believed we already have our coach then it should be announced this week. If we don't have an announcement. I can't see how we aren't interviewing people if we don't already know who we are hiring. If we are interviewing people, their agents will let it leak to help get them as much money and suitors as possible.

I seriously haven't considered Cheney. Would be happy with that him.

Reactions: feathersax
Do not want anyway. Another guy requiring a ton of talent to operate. Gimme a "more with less" guy. We'll never have Bama's talent, so we better be hiring guys that could give us a leg up elsewhere, because shooting par aint gonna win for us.
lol wut?

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back