Could Guarantano surprise us? (Merged)

Does completion % put points on the scoreboard? Does having the best completion % on third down while being pressured put points on the board? Did his intangible "arm talent" put many points on the board?

No
It did against Auburn...

Reactions: SD189
Right. Because its not if you win or lose its how you play the game right? I do enjoy your data and emotionally derived facts when it comes to supporting your JG homerism. I eagerly await your spring game/practice analysis of our elite practice QB! :D
Lol please explain emotionally driven numerical FACTS? Patiently waiting

Reactions: k-town_king
Lol please explain emotionally driven numerical FACTS? Patiently waiting
Mr X shoots free throws...hits 8 out of 12..scores no more buckets
Mr X's team is sub .500
Mr X must be awesome because of his free throw % and you are so emotionally invested in his team and performance that you must extrapolate some positives from his fail performances to help reinforce your vicarious lifestyle...

There you go.

Mr X shoots free throws...hits 8 out of 12..scores no more buckets
Mr X's team is sub .500
Mr X must be awesome because of his free throw % and you are so emotionally invested in his team and performance that you must extrapolate some positives from his fail performances to help reinforce your vicarious lifestyle...

There you go.
Free throws ? You do realize โ€œ broโ€ that we are trying to discuss Football right ?

Basketball is 5 players total

Football is 11 players per team at a time , these are facts

Not sure how you correlate any kind of numerical facts w emotions.

The old its how you play the game excuse. Almost all positive JG statistics rely on massive emotionally flawed mental gymnastics to try and ribbon twirl around what is obvious to everyone else and indicated by the TD and win production. 9-16 as starter. But that completion % bro! 16 career td's which is around .6 TD's a game. But that completion % on third downs while being under pressure bro! Cannot move in the pocket at all. He is a pocket passer, the dual threat tag when recruiting was a joke/fake/lie bro! Pocket passers do NOT move they remain stoic once snapping the ball. Oline bro! But he doesnt throw TD's. Thats because the OC doesn't call the right plays bro! etc..etc..
Exactly what I expected for a response. In case you haven't figured it out, you dolt, my complaint isn't about your opinion about JG. You have made that clear over and over. That is my complaint, you spew the same idiocy in every single thread you post in. I personally am tired of reading it in any thread with the slightest of a positive tilt. The good thing about the reboot of this site, I know longer have to see any of them again. Auf Wiedersehen

Reactions: k-town_king
Exactly what I expected for a response. In case you haven't figured it out, you dolt, my complaint isn't about your opinion about JG. You have made that clear over and over. That is my complaint, you spew the same idiocy in every single thread you post in. I personally am tired of reading it in any thread with the slightest of a positive tilt. The good thing about the reboot of this site, I know longer have to see any of them again. Auf Wiedersehen
Lol. So triggered. Its a game you and I dont play, relax.

You would have a point but last year QD (who made mistakes) didn't take the hits or sacks. This past year KC (who honestly made some really bad reads) proved that you could make good quick decisions and not get beaten like JG. He even squeezed in a slant or two.

Both were significant problems. Both have to improve... and they can't really improve independent of each other. JG needs to "get it"... and the OL has to "get it" too.... and they sort of have to start "getting it" in tune with each other. That last part... mostly falls on the QB. He's the leader and conductor.
You are right. My hope is that Jim Chaney can help correct the deficiencies that JG has in reading the defenses. He needs to look for the hot route or safety valve receiver when they blitz. CJC has done that very well wherever he has been. JG has the physical skills to be really good. The mental is where he needs to mature as a QB. I truly believe he became so shell shocked that the game sped up for him as the season went along as opposed to slowing down.

Because of a few folks... EVERY thread is about JG.
I apologize to those whom I have forced to read the "discussion" about that topic. My complaint is with the poster constantly bashing JG in every thread. My stubbornness caused me to overstep my bounds with the rest of the thread. I have ended the debate, and even the reason to have it.

I for one am super offended. I mean how could you even say something like that? Apologizing isn't enough. You should use this moment as a chance to become a champion for this cause. Make it your life's work.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Like you in this and every other thread?
I didn't bring it up. You bring it up all the time... It is almost the only thing you post about. You don't seem to have much good to say about anyone else on the team.

My first post in this thread about it was well after it had taken over the thread... And I just pointed out that both the OL and JG had issues.

You mean he should go back in the past with a time machine and make someone say racist stuff to him?

The Fields incident was well documented.
Documented or not... it shouldn't give him an advantage over another player when it comes to the rules.

He's going to have a really tough time proving that he was damaged by racism considering the number of black players who haven't had issues at UGA. Being offended isn't the same as being damaged.

Reactions: MikeVol44
Like you in this and every other thread?

You mean he should go back in the past with a time machine and make someone say racist stuff to him?

The Fields incident was well documented.
Oh my. You gonna let him talk to you like that?

I didn't bring it up. You bring it up all the time... It is almost the only thing you post about. You don't seem to have much good to say about anyone else on the team.

My first post in this thread about it was well after it had taken over the thread... And I just pointed out that both the OL and JG had issues.

Documented or not... it shouldn't give him an advantage over another player when it comes to the rules.

He's going to have a really tough time proving that he was damaged by racism considering the number of black players who haven't had issues at UGA. Being offended isn't the same as being damaged.
Ohhhhhh
You got served. You just gonna stand by?

I still see you are on your eternal rant. There is absolutely nothing that will change your mind. You are the type that puts too little acclaim on a QB when the team succeeds and most, if not all, of the blame if the team loses. The defense could give up 100 points and if the offense doesn't score 101, it is JG's fault we lost. You spout the same garbage no matter what the thread. A bit obsessive in my opinion.
Tyler Bray comes to mind. If we had any kind of defense, dude would have won a lot of games.

JG is still on the roster, and you emotionally post.
Right. Because its not if you win or lose its how you play the game right? I do enjoy your data and emotionally derived facts when it comes to supporting your JG homerism. I eagerly await your spring game/practice analysis of our elite practice QB! :D
We get it, you think Guarantano is the worst QB of all time. Quit complaining like a little kid and trust the coaches. He's the best we got or the coaches wouldn't be starting him.

We get it, you think Guarantano is the worst QB of all time. Quit complaining like a little kid and trust the coaches. He's the best we got or the coaches wouldn't be starting him.
I'd say Simms was worse. Trust the coaches? Were you saying that during the 2017 season as well?........

I'd say Simms was worse. Trust the coaches? Were you saying that during the 2017 season as well?........
My point is nobody knows if another backup qb would play better, and complaining about how bad our current qb is isn't doing anything other than making you look like a whiner

It did against Auburn...

Which he was not able to replicate the rest of the season, not even against lowly Charlotte.

The truth about the Auburn game is that JG was helped out immensely by our WRs winning the 50/50 ball match ups, and Auburn's DBs literally not turning back to look at the ball until the last 5 minutes or so of the game.

VN Store

Back