Could Former Tennessee Vol Kelly Jolly-Harper Keep The Lady Vols Out of NCAA's?

teacherdean

Jolly-Harper's Missouri State Women have a good chance of winning the Missouri Valley Conference.Since Drake is ranked as a top 30 team, they seem to have a good chance of make the NCAA's even if they lose the MVC tournament. Drake and Missouri State were one and one in conference play. If Missouri State wins, they receive an automatic NCAA birth. If that happened, it would be interesting to see what would happen to our Lady Vols. Jolly-Harper has done a great job with a team of one senior and a number of sophomores and freshmen with a few juniors sprinkled in. She is also the 2018-2019 MVC Coach of the Year.

I don't think mid-major Missouri State will keep Tennessee out of the NCAA Tournament. And no to Kelly Jolly-Harper for future Tennessee women's head basketball coach! Wes Moore,Katie Meier,Gail Goestenkors and Tina Langley would be much better picks for the next Tennessee women's basketball head coach

I don't think mid-major Missouri State will keep Tennessee out of the NCAA Tournament. And no to Kelly Jolly-Harper for future Tennessee women's head basketball coach! Wes Moore,Katie Meier,Gail Goestenkors and Tina Langley would be much better picks for the next Tennessee women's basketball head coach
If Kelly’s team wins then one of the last 4 in will lose a spot and Tennessee could be the one, but probably not.
Kelly may not be the one for Tennessee, but she seems to have matured as a coach after the few not so good years at NC State.

If Kelly’s team wins then one of the last 4 in will lose a spot and Tennessee could be the one, but probably not.
Kelly may not be the one for Tennessee, but she seems to have matured as a coach after the few not so good years at NC State.
It would be interesting if Vanderbilt hired Kelly as their next women's basketball coach

Holly would be the only one keeping the LV out of the tourney. Going 7-11 after starting out ranked in top 10 with tons of talent SHOULD keep the LVs out....but it probably won't. I'm happy our streak of appearances will continue...but I pray Fulmer isn't so weak to use that as reason to keep her.

It would be interesting if Vanderbilt hired Kelly as their next women's basketball coach
You bring up the salient point. Not is she right for TN, but is TN right for her, a young, successful, ambitious achiever? I say definitely not. For TN fan, however, only the very best. Problem is the very best don't want to even fly over Knoxville if they don't have to. After Currie left, the entire athletic house should have been torched, fumigated with Agent Orange, and nuked from Outer Space for a proper start-over. Instead they did a single passs with a no-rinse solution, and here we are. Enjoy the weekend.

All the respect in the world for what Kellie did here as a player, and she’d certainly be an upgrade over Holly, but I don’t think she would be a big enough upgrade. Keep in mind that she got fired by NC State for not winning enough.

Holly would be the only one keeping the LV out of the tourney. Going 7-11 after starting out ranked in top 10 with tons of talent SHOULD keep the LVs out....but it probably won't. I'm happy our streak of appearances will continue...but I pray Fulmer isn't so weak to use that as reason to keep her.
With an 11 and 12 record against Power 5 teams and a couple of narrow wins against the cream puffs, the Lady Vols do not deserve to be in the NCAAs. Selection should be based on accomplishment, not talent. There is nothing more singularly less accomplished than great talent that has accomplished little. That said, if the LVs do get in I will be rooting for them to win yet hoping Warlick is replaced before next season.

Reactions: T.J.

We need a "Pat Summit" player such as Kelly Jolly Harper as our coach. None of the others you name belong at UT period. Harper has the credentials and is a proven winner coach too.

I think Fulmer has talked to committee and said please let us in this year so we can keep the streak alive. I will fire Holly and this will never be a problem again. Just kidding.

We need a "Pat Summit" player such as Kelly Jolly Harper as our coach. None of the others you name belong at UT period. Harper has the credentials and is a proven winner coach too.
Sometime's it's good thing to get someone who hasn't went to the certain school. Look at the trouble Alabama football got into because they wanted former Alabama players to coach Alabama before Nick Satan.

Reactions: BUBear
I don't think mid-major Missouri State will keep Tennessee out of the NCAA Tournament. And no to Kelly Jolly-Harper for future Tennessee women's head basketball coach! Wes Moore,Katie Meier,Gail Goestenkors and Tina Langley would be much better picks for the next Tennessee women's basketball head coach[/QUOTE

I agree with you BUT don’t we all realize that Holly has not been fired or asked to retire yet. How do we know there will be a job opening? Haven’t heard Fulmer hunt towards anything

Why do people feel only former players can coach at Tennessee? Tell me when Rick Barnes played at Tennessee? When did Robert Neyland play at Tennessee?

VN Store

Back