Could Amari Rodgers transfer here?

Do you know anyone in the family and know their relationship? No.

I do. You have no idea what you are talking about.

You need to stfu about things like this. You just sound ignorant. This isn't 1875. There are all types of happy families out there.

And like clockwork Zeus comes to restore law and order with predictability.

I don’t know a single person (who’s father was a part of their life) that don’t use their fathers last name. Do you? I have 3 kids and it’s be a cold day in hell for them to not have my name. It’d also be a cold day in hell that I’d move 5k miles away from them. Even if it meant taking a job for less money to be close by.
The problem with your post IMHO was really linking the last name to the relationship between son and father. To me the last name is linked to the relationship between the father and mother. If the mother has a problem with the father then that is when things get interesting. I have only witnessed a few times where there was NO relationship problem but rather the mother never took the man's last name for a personal choice reason. Then the kids name followed the mother.

You don't know the nature of their relationship, and you look rather foolish trying to venture a guess. And as far as him not taking his last name ?! I know enough "fathers" who share a surname with their children who are asses. Tom Bardy and his oldest don't have the same last name. Does it mean they don't have a close relationship ?!
If my dad's name was "Bardy" I probably wouldn't share it either!

I don’t know a single person (who’s father was a part of their life) that don’t use their fathers last name. Do you? I have 3 kids and it’s be a cold day in hell for them to not have my name. It’d also be a cold day in hell that I’d move 5k miles away from them. Even if it meant taking a job for less money to be close by.

Don't get too self-righteous. And yes, I know some sons and daughters who don't go by their father's family name.

The following may or may not apply to Tee & son. Some fathers are so abusive to their kids and/or their mothers that it provokes them to, for wont of a better term, disown their fathers. I believe in college I met a few such offspring. Some who harbored an abiding hatred for the abusive father. If I recall right and though they are somewhat reconciled now, Shaquille O'Neal for decades held such bitterness toward Joseph Toney, his father. Get it through your head, in life one size doesn't fit all. I suggest you refrain from looking through the narrow, biased, self-holy lens of yourself and realize outside that parameter are people and circumstances other than yours. I don't presume to be better than you because that would be a lie. Indeed, I used to harbor exactly the same attitude as yours. Judging people based on my limited, narrow and self-righteous view. Experience outside my culture base or background educated me beyond that ditch of hypocrisy. Probably because I welcomed being educated. Some people reject that gift.

Last edited:
Guessing about family dynamics is usually (always) a bad idea. Sounds like his son can’t wait to spend time in Knoxville. Good for them both!

Reactions: VolDaddy61

VN Store

Back