Coronavirus (No politics)

The Incidence of Myocarditis and Pericarditis in Post COVID-19 Unvaccinated Patients—A Large Population-Based Study
Myocarditis and pericarditis are potential post-acute cardiac sequelae of COVID-19 infection, arising from adaptive immune responses. We aimed to study the incidence of post-acute COVID-19 myocarditis and pericarditis. Retrospective cohort study of 196,992 adults after COVID-19 infection in Clalit Health Services members in Israel between March 2020 and January 2021. Inpatient myocarditis and pericarditis diagnoses were retrieved from day 10 after positive PCR. Follow-up was censored on 28 February 2021, with minimum observation of 18 days. The control cohort of 590,976 adults with at least one negative PCR and no positive PCR were age- and sex-matched. Since the Israeli vaccination program was initiated on 20 December 2020, the time-period matching of the control cohort was calculated backward from 15 December 2020. Nine post-COVID-19 patients developed myocarditis (0.0046%), and eleven patients were diagnosed with pericarditis (0.0056%). In the control cohort, 27 patients had myocarditis (0.0046%) and 52 had pericarditis (0.0088%). Age (adjusted hazard ratio [aHR] 0.96, 95% confidence interval [CI]; 0.93 to 1.00) and male sex (aHR 4.42; 95% CI, 1.64 to 11.96) were associated with myocarditis. Male sex (aHR 1.93; 95% CI 1.09 to 3.41) and peripheral vascular disease (aHR 4.20; 95% CI 1.50 to 11.72) were associated with pericarditis. Post COVID-19 infection was not associated with either myocarditis (aHR 1.08; 95% CI 0.45 to 2.56) or pericarditis (aHR 0.53; 95% CI 0.25 to 1.13). We did not observe an increased incidence of neither pericarditis nor myocarditis in adult patients recovering from COVID-19 infection

The numbers don’t reflect it, but this thing sure is coming screaming back. I know several people that have it right now. A few celebrities are coming out with positive tests again too.

Reactions: volwindy
The numbers don’t reflect it, but this thing sure is coming screaming back. I know several people that have it right now. A few celebrities are coming out with positive tests again too.
It's going through our office. A couple people on my team in other regions have it right now too.

My guess would be people just aren’t going to doctors anymore. Pretty much chalking it up to “Welp, got COVID again”

I’ve heard several people on their second bout.

A lot of mild cases probably being attributed to allergies and untested.

I’ve heard several people on their second bout.

A lot of mild cases probably being attributed to allergies and untested.
It’s definitely more mild this round. If you look up case counts compared to this time last year as well as deaths compared to this time last year, it’s pretty evident there’s not much to worry about now. The death rate has decreased significantly.

Long COVID Could Be a ‘Mass Deterioration Event’

A tidal wave of chronic illness could leave millions of people incrementally worse off.

Highlights:

• The majority of Americans have already encountered the virus, many more than once. The CDC suggests that these people will, on average, experience about a 50 percent increase in their respective risks of blood clots, kidney failure, and heart attacks, as well as diabetes and asthma.
  • provisional rates of death from heart disease, stroke, and kidney disease haven’t really budged since 2019, and the NHIS survey has shown no increase in the number of Americans with high blood pressure or asthma.
  • Disability rates might be rising, but only by a little bit; the health-care system seems to be coping; deaths from post-COVID complications aren’t mounting; and the labor force is holding up. Long COVID, in other words, isn’t yet standing out amid the pandemic’s other social upheavals.
  • might indicate that we’re in another kind of moment, one that leaves tens of millions of Americans feeling somewhat worse off than they were before, not so sick that they can’t hold down a job or need medical attention, but also not quite back to baseline. Call it a “mass deterioration event.”

It sure is...went "screaming through" my family in the past couple weeks but it was only a head cold symptom-wise. That's nothing to fret about

1656221193007.png1656221193007.png
Many say the sickness is actually caused from a bio weapon, not a virus. Just what I’ve read and heard on different formats. Tifwiw

Reactions: BenGrimm
Well boys, it finally got me. Tested positive this evening, after feeling like **** all day. Vaxed and boosted, but over a year ago. Let's hope tomorrow I feel better and not worse.

Reactions: TC 83
Well boys, it finally got me. Tested positive this evening, after feeling like **** all day. Vaxed and boosted, but over a year ago. Let's hope tomorrow I feel better and not worse.
My Brother-in-Law tested positive on Friday. He felt rough yesterday but better by this morning. That seems to be the way it’s going for most people I know who are getting it right now.

VN Store

Back