Coronavirus (No politics)

But the death rate has dropped and the rate of hospitalizations for the most part hasn’t increased significantly outside of a few areas. I think outside of the elderly and immuno-compromised we will be ok. And I don’t mean to be trivial about them either. We can’t continue to stop everything in anticipation of a vaccine.

Addressing the gatherings of tens of thousands of people every weekend all around the country is very different than stopping everything.

The Memorial Day weekend events have lead to significant spikes in cases in areas that were largely not affected.

Addressing the gatherings of tens of thousands of people every weekend all around the country is very different than stopping everything.

The Memorial Day weekend events have lead to significant spikes in cases in areas that were largely not affected.
But almost all people that have been diagnosed lately have zero to moderate symptoms requiring no hospitalization. This thing isn’t going away. Hopefully the herd immunity takes effect.

The US has conducted 1.6 million tests the last 3 days with 95% being negative..that is equal to or higher than the rate it's ever been...but hospitalized and death rate are rapidly dropping

Reactions: allvol123
My son (15) plays on a travel basketball team that has been practicing ever since they relaxed things here in TX. They are preparing for a tourney on the 4th of July weekend. A week ago Friday, he practiced against a kid who became symptomatic on Sunday. When they alerted the team Wednesday about this, my son and wife went and got tested Thursday morning. My son tested positive, my wife was negative. Apparently, he was guarding the sick kid and took a pretty good charge during practice.

We got the results Friday afternoon as we were packing to go to the beach with my brothers-in-law and their families. My daughters and I went to get the test Friday afternoon, because I have been going into work and both of my daughters had been around friends earlier in the week. We all tested negative. Because of my son's positive test, we are quarantining as a family for 2 weeks. My son's basketball tourney and a softball tourney my youngest daughter was going to play in are off, as is the beach trip.

Because he is the first positive test at his school, he has gotten a bit of notoriety. He has been doing workouts with the football team, and the kids in his "cohort" and the coaches he has been working with also have to self-quarantine. Because a couple of his club teammates don't play football, they have been working out with the HS basketball team. HS Basketball has suspended workouts altogether for the next couple of weeks.

My son is asymptomatic. His friends have reached out to him to ask him how it feels. He almost feels like a "fake" because he doesn't really feel bad. He said he almost wished he felt worse because of all the trouble he caused. The only thing that seems off about him is his appetite.

A couple of notes: the tests we took are the "rapid response" tests, and I have seen some stories about false negatives, but haven't seen much about false positives. They swabbed our noses, but didn't go as deep as the pictures of the swab tests I had seen online.

More googling led me to this stat:
1592855699336.png

Hopefully my son stays within that 80% asymptomatic number and we can put this behind us.

My son (15) plays on a travel basketball team that has been practicing ever since they relaxed things here in TX. They are preparing for a tourney on the 4th of July weekend. A week ago Friday, he practiced against a kid who became symptomatic on Sunday. When they alerted the team Wednesday about this, my son and wife went and got tested Thursday morning. My son tested positive, my wife was negative. Apparently, he was guarding the sick kid and took a pretty good charge during practice.

We got the results Friday afternoon as we were packing to go to the beach with my brothers-in-law and their families. My daughters and I went to get the test Friday afternoon, because I have been going into work and both of my daughters had been around friends earlier in the week. We all tested negative. Because of my son's positive test, we are quarantining as a family for 2 weeks. My son's basketball tourney and a softball tourney my youngest daughter was going to play in are off, as is the beach trip.

Because he is the first positive test at his school, he has gotten a bit of notoriety. He has been doing workouts with the football team, and the kids in his "cohort" and the coaches he has been working with also have to self-quarantine. Because a couple of his club teammates don't play football, they have been working out with the HS basketball team. HS Basketball has suspended workouts altogether for the next couple of weeks.

My son is asymptomatic. His friends have reached out to him to ask him how it feels. He almost feels like a "fake" because he doesn't really feel bad. He said he almost wished he felt worse because of all the trouble he caused. The only thing that seems off about him is his appetite.

A couple of notes: the tests we took are the "rapid response" tests, and I have seen some stories about false negatives, but haven't seen much about false positives. They swabbed our noses, but didn't go as deep as the pictures of the swab tests I had seen online.

View attachment 288250

Hopefully my son stays within that 80% asymptomatic number and we can put this behind us.

Best wishes to your son. Yes, there are false positives, but I’d probably recommend waiting a week or so to do another test. Avoid too much contact with him, monitor situation with him and your family. Treat it like flu and don’t listen to doomsday press.

Reactions: vader

View attachment 288250

Hate that for y'all.

Reactions: vader
Oh good, NC is not going forward with phase 3 this week and is doing mandatory face masks. There are some exceptions to when wearing a mask..when working from home 🤦🏻‍♀️

Isn't it strange that Houston is now getting 1000/cases per day, possibly causing a shut down. This is almost exactly two weeks after 60,000 people marched downtown for George Floyd. What a coincidence!!!:eek:

Reactions: oz615
Isn't it strange that Houston is now getting 1000/cases per day, possibly causing a shut down. This is almost exactly two weeks after 60,000 people marched downtown for George Floyd. What a coincidence!!!:eek:

I said this in another thread, schools are taking precautions to keep these athletes from catching Corona, then they are all out in the streets protesting and marching and bam, 10’s of players at a time are catching Corona.

These protests are going to keep us from having football.

I said this in another thread, schools are taking precautions to keep these athletes from catching Corona, then they are all out in the streets protesting and marching and bam, 10’s of players at a time are catching Corona.

These protests are going to keep us from having football.

It seems like to me that the virus is here to stay. Those is the vulnerable group need to quarantine to the highest level while everyone else goes back to their normal lives. No more shut downs. I am in the vulnerable group.

It seems like to me that the virus is here to stay. Those is the vulnerable group need to quarantine to the highest level while everyone else goes back to their normal lives. No more shut downs. I am in the vulnerable group.
Just like the seasonal flu, etc., and we never melt down over that.

You probably would not think it was like the seasonal flu if you were 70 like me but its a new day we must build our lives around it and blend it into society.
The flu is just as deadly to people like my grandfather as this is. Once you're past a certain age, the reality is that many, many things pose higher risk. That's just humanity.

VN Store

Back