Coronavirus (No politics)

he was playing in Knoxville that night and we were guarding the parking at our house from concert goers. A van pulls up and we start to run them off when the driver says "we just thought you guys might like to be in an AJ video." Of course we thought they were FOS but we got cards, had to sign waivers, etc. Played football for a while, sat on our porch drinking, etc just trying to look country I guess. Never thought it would make the cut but we got a call down the road saying to watch CMT at a very specific time (like 8:34pm on Tuesday) and a we huddled around to watch the video premiere. All that for about 2 seconds worth of fame :cool:
That is awesome. AJ is a legend.

I have questions. Did you get paid anything? How old were you? How long before that day and the day you got the call? In the video, it looks like during the Hollywood part there are baseball guys with Knoxville on the jerseys?
No pay. 19 or 20yo. It was a while between filming and the video coming out. We had forgotten about it by that time. Honestly it was just luck and we didn't know anything else thing on. I think they just saw a bunch of guys hanging outside and took a chance.

Reactions: vollygirl
No pay. 19 or 20yo. It was a while between filming and the video coming out. We had forgotten about it by that time. Honestly it was just luck and we didn't know anything else thing on. I think they just saw a bunch of guys hanging outside and took a chance.
That really is cool.

I know somebody that's had a sore/scratchy throat for 3 days now. That doesn't seem to be a primary symptom though. Keeping my distance none-the-less.

Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
Trouble breathing
Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
New confusion
Inability to wake or stay awake
Bluish lips or face

Call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Virus panic is officially dead.

Also, is this not like almost all other illnesses? I don't think many things at all spread when people (or animals) are asymptomatic.

A medical professional is welcome to roll in here and tell me that's not correct.

For respiratory viruses, yes that’s likely correct. Sneezing / coughing bad.

For sexual transmitted diseases, asymptomatic people can definitely still transmit.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
I know somebody that's had a sore/scratchy throat for 3 days now. That doesn't seem to be a primary symptom though. Keeping my distance none-the-less.

Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
Trouble breathing
Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
New confusion
Inability to wake or stay awake
Bluish lips or face

Call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.

Pink said she experienced a sore throat when she tested positive for Covid 19. Just FYI.

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil
PSA: Turkey Creek and the Farragut area surrounding it has become a Covid 19 hotspot. If you are a non-mask wearer consider steering clear of that area for a few weeks.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Virus panic is officially dead.

Also, is this not like almost all other illnesses? I don't think many things at all spread when people (or animals) are asymptomatic.

A medical professional is welcome to roll in here and tell me that's not correct.

Did your wife reopen the bakery. If so how's it going.
Are the workers wearing masks?
Not requiring customers to wear one?

Did your wife reopen the bakery. If so how's it going.
Are the workers wearing masks?
Not requiring customers to wear one?
Yes, we reopened after only a couple weeks of shutting down. It's going very well, online sales + deliveries are a lifesaver, as well as the fact that we took the slower days to revamp the menu and make better stuff that we have always wanted to make and people are responding well.

We ask our employees wear masks when dealing with customers as they are able. Our A/C has been out the last two weeks and the owner of the building is just getting around to having the unit replaced today, so it's been about 95 in the back of the shop and impossible to breathe with a mask on. We don't ask customers to wear masks- technically we're not even allowed to ask them why they aren't wearing one if they choose not to. It's easier just to let people be adults about things.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Yes, we reopened after only a couple weeks of shutting down. It's going very well, online sales + deliveries are a lifesaver, as well as the fact that we took the slower days to revamp the menu and make better stuff that we have always wanted to make and people are responding well.

We ask our employees wear masks when dealing with customers as they are able. Our A/C has been out the last two weeks and the owner of the building is just getting around to having the unit replaced today, so it's been about 95 in the back of the shop and impossible to breathe with a mask on. We don't ask customers to wear masks- technically we're not even allowed to ask them why they aren't wearing one if they choose not to. It's easier just to let people be adults about things.
Have you considered selling bakery-scented masks?

No posts in this thread since Thursday... so is this thing over or.....

No. Shelby County with the single biggest positive day overnight, and it wasn't even close. Other events have taken over the news, and people are trying to make money. Just trying to manage it as long as hospitalizations are low.

Reactions: TC 83

VN Store

Back