Coronavirus (No politics)

Knew I wasn't feeling well, but a home test confirmed it.....popped hot for COVID despite being 2x vaccinated. Mrs. DeusEx got it too, and she's got the shot 3x.

I ain't got time for this being sick nonsense.
Same here, had it August. This version of Omicron, sub, dgas.

Its def more mild relative to other variants. Keep water on hand, tylenol, and supplements. And wind sprints, lots of those.

I got my updated booster about a month ago. No one in my house (me, wife, daughter) has had COVID yet. Neither of my immediate relatives (mom, brother) has had COVID. I’m starting to believe there is a segment of society that is immune to it. Maybe not, but too coincidental.

Knew I wasn't feeling well, but a home test confirmed it.....popped hot for COVID despite being 2x vaccinated. Mrs. DeusEx got it too, and she's got the shot 3x.

I ain't got time for this being sick nonsense.
Looks like Covid is gonna be around forever----just not the deadly version. My wife and I have been vaccinated and have not contracted Covid but we have friends, who also have been vaccinated, that just returned from a cruise----with Covid. It's a strange deal.

What's weird is that I don't have shortness of breath, I don't think I've had a fever (have had some chills), and other than a slight headache, minor nausea, and SERIOUS body aches, I feel pretty okay.

Can’t tell if this Florida study is just really bad or the authors (who aren’t named in the study which is a huge red flag) are intentionally misleading the public. First ignoring the fact they exclude deaths from the very thing that the vaccines protect against (covid) and ignoring that they stopped their study at December 2021 ( so given the 25 week follow-up period more people within the ages 18-39 who got vaccinated likely had more comorbidities to include heart disease as those people were offered vaccine winter and spring 2021 before the general population ) and ignoring they only report supposed cardiac risk and not risk of other deaths they actually report a trend to lower all-cause mortality in all age groups that received the vaccine.
1665281372871.png

But ignoring all of this one just needs to look at the Person-day follow up of 2002 total days for cv events which would come out to only about 70 people they followed. Pretty obvious they cherry picked this data by using such a small number of individuals for such few events. Probably because this was the only thing that fit their narrative.

Also what is laughable as has been pointed out by many people is based on how the study was conducted let’s say you had 1000 people die each month and 20% of deaths were from cardiovascular events. After the vaccines if you had 500 people die each month and 40% of deaths were cardiovascular even though there is a net decrease in total cardiac deaths this study would show that there is a 100% increase in cardiac deaths. This is ridiculous.

There have been better designed studies using a much larger population showing no increase in cardiovascular disease and in fact an increase in cardiovascular disease among unvaccinated who got covid.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.03.22.22272775v1.full.pdf

People should do whatever they want to when it comes to vaccines but hope people don’t use this misleading study as a reason not to get vaccinated.

Can’t tell if this Florida study is just really bad or the authors (who aren’t named in the study which is a huge red flag) are intentionally misleading the public. First ignoring the fact they exclude deaths from the very thing that the vaccines protect against (covid) and ignoring that they stopped their study at December 2021 ( so given the 25 week follow-up period more people within the ages 18-39 who got vaccinated likely had more comorbidities to include heart disease as those people were offered vaccine winter and spring 2021 before the general population ) and ignoring they only report supposed cardiac risk and not risk of other deaths they actually report a trend to lower all-cause mortality in all age groups that received the vaccine.
View attachment 498404

But ignoring all of this one just needs to look at the Person-day follow up of 2002 total days for cv events which would come out to only about 70 people they followed. Pretty obvious they cherry picked this data by using such a small number of individuals for such few events. Probably because this was the only thing that fit their narrative.

Also what is laughable as has been pointed out by many people is based on how the study was conducted let’s say you had 1000 people die each month and 20% of deaths were from cardiovascular events. After the vaccines if you had 500 people die each month and 40% of deaths were cardiovascular even though there is a net decrease in total cardiac deaths this study would show that there is a 100% increase in cardiac deaths. This is ridiculous.

There have been better designed studies using a much larger population showing no increase in cardiovascular disease and in fact an increase in cardiovascular disease among unvaccinated who got covid.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.03.22.22272775v1.full.pdf

People should do whatever they want to when it comes to vaccines but hope people don’t use this misleading study as a reason not to get vaccinated.

I mean, he’s only the surgeon general of Florida. But what does he know?

Last edited:
What's weird is that I don't have shortness of breath, I don't think I've had a fever (have had some chills), and other than a slight headache, minor nausea, and SERIOUS body aches, I feel pretty okay.
Wife has asthma. She ended up needing steroids to clear her lungs. That was last month.

Remember the pandemic of the unvaccinated? All lies

Outkick is neglecting what led the vaccines to be approved in the first place and the subsequent studies that showed the vaccines did decrease transmission.
1. Operation warp speed set requirements that the primary endpoints that the vaccines clinical trials must meet was prevention of covid-19 disease. Disease and infection are two different things. Infection means do you have detectable virus in your body while disease means are you sick with the virus. Pfizer had to show do they prevent people from becoming symptomatic with covid-19 and they did
From December 2020
1665587861665.png
Notice that they say further study needed to determine if decreases transmission in December 2020.
2. Proving the vaccines prevented transmission is much more difficult to prove. Requires a much larger cohort of people vaccinated and unvaccinated who have known exposure to covid. Something that is very difficult in a phase 3 vaccine trial to conduct and really need long term studies in a community to show this. This is what the Pfizer people are referring to when they said they didn’t know at the time that it blocked transmission. It was though it you prevent diseases likely you reduce viral load and therefore transmission but the clinical trial primary goal was to keep people from getting sick and therefore being hospitalized/dying.

3. But it was actually shown pre-omicron in later studies that the vaccines did reduce transmission. Here are a couple during the delta wave that showed reduced transmission if someone was vaccinated.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1473309921006484
The impact of SARS-CoV-2 vaccination on Alpha & Delta variant transmission
Eurosurveillance | Vaccine effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2 transmission to household contacts during dominance of Delta variant (B.1.617.2), the Netherlands, August to September 2021
there are many more but those are a few that were posted earlier this year on this forum that I quickly pulled.
4. These vaccines worked fantastic to prevent transmission prior to omicron. When omicron hit while being vaccinated may prevent transmission for a few weeks you really don’t have the antibodies response long enough to prevent infection with omicron. However vaccines do a great job of boosting your cell-mediated immune system to prevent severe infection.
I mean, he’s only the surgeon general of Florida. But what does he know?

Yeah he really should which makes all of this really sad that he is pushing a narrative based on a poor study.

Outkick is neglecting what led the vaccines to be approved in the first place and the subsequent studies that showed the vaccines did decrease transmission.
1. Operation warp speed set requirements that the primary endpoints that the vaccines clinical trials must meet was prevention of covid-19 disease. Disease and infection are two different things. Infection means do you have detectable virus in your body while disease means are you sick with the virus. Pfizer had to show do they prevent people from becoming symptomatic with covid-19 and they did
From December 2020
View attachment 499786
Notice that they say further study needed to determine if decreases transmission in December 2020.
2. Proving the vaccines prevented transmission is much more difficult to prove. Requires a much larger cohort of people vaccinated and unvaccinated who have known exposure to covid. Something that is very difficult in a phase 3 vaccine trial to conduct and really need long term studies in a community to show this. This is what the Pfizer people are referring to when they said they didn’t know at the time that it blocked transmission. It was though it you prevent diseases likely you reduce viral load and therefore transmission but the clinical trial primary goal was to keep people from getting sick and therefore being hospitalized/dying.

3. But it was actually shown pre-omicron in later studies that the vaccines did reduce transmission. Here are a couple during the delta wave that showed reduced transmission if someone was vaccinated.
Eurosurveillance | Vaccine effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2 transmission to household contacts during dominance of Delta variant (B.1.617.2), the Netherlands, August to September 2021
there are many more but those are a few that were posted earlier this year on this forum that I quickly pulled.
4. These vaccines worked fantastic to prevent transmission prior to omicron. When omicron hit while being vaccinated may prevent transmission for a few weeks you really don’t have the antibodies response long enough to prevent infection with omicron. However vaccines do a great job of boosting your cell-mediated immune system to prevent severe infection.

Yeah he really should which makes all of this really sad that he is pushing a narrative based on a poor study.
They told us the vaccines would stop transmission and issued mandates forcing people to take them because of this. They demonized the unvaccinated as not caring about others. People were fired for not taking them because they supposedly stopped transmission. They lied. Period.

The SG responded to all of your points in his thread. Did you read them? If you think he’s wrong, you should contact him and explain your expertise. Hopefully he responds. You should post the correspondence if he does.

Reactions: txbo
They told us the vaccines would stop transmission and issued mandates forcing people to take them because of this. They demonized the unvaccinated as not caring about others. People were fired for not taking them because they supposedly stopped transmission. They lied. Period.

The SG responded to all of your points in his thread. Did you read them? If you think he’s wrong, you should contact him and explain your expertise. Hopefully he responds. You should post the correspondence if he does.
Trying to not interject politics in a non politics board but agree with you on vaccine mandates and no one should be demonized for being unvaccinated. However I provided you evidence that vaccines do reduce transmission pre-omicron and If you can show evidence pre-omicron with community studies that they don’t please post.
I do believe people should demonize licensed healthcare providers who mislead the general population when it comes to the vaccines.
I am not aware of the surgeon general responding to any substantive critique given. All I have seen was what he posted on twitter

However his response raises further red flags. What is very concerning in his response and shows his lack of understanding of epidemiology or his intentional misleading of what the study claims among other things is this response

He fails to understand the difference between causation and correlation. His paper even says that this cannot be used to determine causation.
1665619321214.jpeg
Again the trend was less people died in the first 28 days following vaccination in this study than in other time periods looked at!!! That is with even removing covid deaths which would show even higher benefit. Yet this paper written by a group of people who wouldn’t even put their names on it cherry picked icd10 codes to find the one thing that fit their narrative.
I’ll see if I can email the Florida department of health this weekend while drunk celebrating a vols victory but given that he hasn’t responded yet to a lot smarter people than I doubtful he will.

From December 2020
View attachment 499786

There's zero studies for this jab that can be truly trusted. No matter the medical institution that puts it out.

Reactions: txbo
Somehow, I managed to avoid it for 2.5 years...then Tuesday afternoon, all at once, it hit me and I tested positive yesterday morning. Given my recent lack of social activity/outings, my nurse practitioner said I probably got it at the game...and that "it was totally worth it!!!"

I'm not a big outdoor transmission believer, had 2 J&J shots, not a big mask wearer. It's possible I got it at Walgreens or the Vol Shop on the strip, or maybe Waffle House after the game...but like she said, totally worth it!

Somehow, I managed to avoid it for 2.5 years...then Tuesday afternoon, all at once, it hit me and I tested positive yesterday morning. Given my recent lack of social activity/outings, my nurse practitioner said I probably got it at the game...and that "it was totally worth it!!!"

I'm not a big outdoor transmission believer, had 2 J&J shots, not a big mask wearer. It's possible I got it at Walgreens or the Vol Shop on the strip, or maybe Waffle House after the game...but like she said, totally worth it!
You doing ok?

So what you are basically saying is the vaccines don't work. But so many put a gene splicing drug in their body and now we are starting to hear the repercussions of believing that BS, sterility, blood clots, heart inflammation and etc..

Always a product of viral load in the air. Outdoor places with tight crowds and lots of shouting could infect you. But indoor spaces where the same air gets recycled all day are more likely.

Had it once. Only wore masks when there was absolutely no other choice... since they're ridiculously ineffective. No shots. Do not avoid people or places. Natural immunity seems to work better... and even better if you have some regular exposure to the virus.

Don't care because I don't run and get tested* for every sniffle I've had the last 2.5 years. I may or may not have had it

*except the one time my job had me get tested.
I've had colds over the last few years nothing out of the norm except the Sunday I got home from the Akron game. Felt terrible Sunday night tested negative with one of those home test went to work that Monday a.m. I would of guest that was covid I had. Only test I have taken since covid started.

VN Store

Back