Coronavirus (No politics)

I think it does. We all know the data, it significantly lowers risk for serious infection. We're all adults we know the risks. I'm going to reassure this person, who needs our help.

As for the reprimand. not needed. Prayers for you Jacket.
It matters at other times. Not when they have been seriously sick and are asking for grace from us and prayers and healing.

Sad that you think the “data” is true and accurate. It’s not. The CDC has had to retract itself multiple times in the past 2 years. No the vaccine doesn’t significantly lower the risk of serious infection. All it does is “maybe” lessen your chances of getting hospitalized.
LOL. I agree that it does not significantly lower the risk for infection. However, the vast majority of deaths currently attributed to Covid are for unvaccinated people.

Sad that you think the “data” is true and accurate. It’s not. The CDC has had to retract itself multiple times in the past 2 years. No the vaccine doesn’t significantly lower the risk of serious infection. All it does is “maybe” lessen your chances of getting hospitalized.
How good is your math?

Poor little Johnny broke his arm again.

I can’t speak for CO hospital systems but Ballad Health in NE TN does not test anyone unless showing symptoms. So if Little Johnny comes in with a broken arm (which isn’t an overnight stay anyway) he is not getting tested for COVID.

I know you are trying to be funny but it’s an asinine analogy.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
It matters at other times. Not when they have been seriously sick and are asking for grace from us and prayers and healing.

He’s just asked a question. Wasn’t trying to shame. I think Jacket can bat for himself if he does or doesn’t want to answer the question.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Remedisivir shouldn't be given at all for covid. Very bad on the patients kidneys while they have a IV saline bag hooked to them 24/7.
While there have been reports earlier in the pandemic mainly involving those looking at diagnostic codes of those who were hospitalized with covid (Remdesivir and Acute Renal Failure: A Potential Safety Signal From Disproportionality Analysis of the WHO Safety Database - PubMed) showing a possible increase risk of kidney disease with remdesivir use there have been several good studies showing the drug is safe to use in patients with kidney failure without increase risk.

https://journals.asm.org/doi/10.1128/AAC.02290-20?permanently=true

DEFINE_ME

Both the FDA and Europe regulators looked at this and found no relationship

Kidney problems in COVID-19 patients unrelated to remdesivir- EU drugs regulator
The problem is that sick people with covid can get kidney failure because of organ damage from the virus and these are the people who typically also get remdesivir (correlation vs causation). However it should be noted in both the ACTT-1 and Solidarity trial less people developed kidney failure who got remdesivir compared to placebo.

Oh you are trusting Fauci now?

It’s hard to split hairs on for/with COVID. There are only a few states attempting to distinguish between the two. Some are cases are incidental as the case of the broken arm (which is a silly example regardless of who says it because you aren’t getting hospitalized for something they throw a cast on and send you on your way.)

Other times people may be coming in for a heart issue or diabetes then find out they have COVID. Did their COVID exacerbate their preexisting condition? A lot of evidence suggesting that is very possible. So where do you classify them? What if they contract it while in the hospital and it causes their condition to worsen? Where do you classify that person.

Regardless, the data is showing that people being admitted FOR Covid are mostly the unvaccinated. Cases are up amongst all around but hospitalization is still more likely for one group as opposed to another.

Active cases in Knox County are over 12 thousand. That's the highest it's ever been since the pandemic started.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-141349_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-141349_Chrome.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 4
Omicron is so trasmissible it's basically the measles you pretty much need an N95 mask to stop it.

Omicron is so trasmissible it's basically the measles you pretty much need an N95 mask to stop it.
I saw a report recently, they were testing the distance a sneeze traveled and how long they lingered. Without a mask up to 12 feet and was still in the air for several minutes.
Then they showed all the different types of masks from cloth to N95, and they did make some difference even in the cloth masks.

VN Store

Back