Coronavirus (No politics)

Quite a bit more than I trust or respect your opinions "Dr. Allen".
Fauci is in the record that they stated masks would not be required so supply to hospitals would not be compromised. He has changed positions on certain topics several times during the course of this pandemic. He was on the record shortly before Trump declared the National Emergency that Covid was not going to be a problem even though he knew where it was headed. Fauci for whatever reasons has not been honest with the American public on several occasions. Fauci is a long time government bureaucrat who has not performed very well during this crisis. He also at times seems to be politically motivated in some of his statements.

Reactions: VolAllen
Fauci is in the record that they stated masks would not be required so supply to hospitals would not be compromised. He has changed positions on certain topics several times during the course of this pandemic. He was on the record shortly before Trump declared the National Emergency that Covid was not going to be a problem even though he knew where it was headed. Fauci for whatever reasons has not been honest with the American public on several occasions. Fauci is a long time government bureaucrat who has not performed very well during this crisis. He also at times seems to be politically motivated in some of his statements.

You're cherry picking Fauci's statement out of context, I'm sure not intentionally, but that's the reality of what's happening with your post. I've read and heard 3-4 interviews that Fauci gave in Jan. and Feb. in which he basically said that at that time the virus is not an immediate threat to the people of the U.S., however, the situation could change and that people should be alert to further announcements from the CDC. My assessment of Fauci is obviously more favorable than yours.

My wife and I used to visit Abingdon regularly before the pandemic. We really enjoyed the Barter Theater and staying at the Martha Washington. Did quite a bit of genealogy research while there due to having a lot of kin and ancestors from Southwest Virginia. Wish this pandemic was over so we could visit that area again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vols1891
You're cherry picking Fauci's statement out of context, I'm sure not intentionally, but that's the reality of what's happening with your post. I've read and heard 3-4 interviews that Fauci gave in Jan. and Feb. in which he basically said that at that time the virus is not an immediate threat to the people of the U.S., however, the situation could change and that people should be alert to further announcements from the CDC. My assessment of Fauci is obviously more favorable than yours.
But CV was spreading like wildfire in China in Jan/Feb....if he’s so good why didn’t he see that coming? And why did everyone bash Trump on blocking travel from China?

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Unfortunately, herd immunity doesn't work with this. I have had it twice
That’s not necessarily true. Getting COVID twice is extremely rare. Herd immunity does work. There are new studies that show most individuals have immunity from COVID for 10+ years after getting it.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
That’s not necessarily true. Getting COVID twice is extremely rare. Herd immunity does work. There are new studies that show most individuals have immunity from COVID for 10+ years after getting it.
I hope I was just a rare case. I was sick as hell both times. It sucked.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I hope I was just a rare case. I was sick as hell both times. It sucked.
I got it like 12 days ago. I only had loss of smell and headaches at random times. Nothing crazy. Took me about 8 days to not have it anymore. People are just different when it comes to this just like they are any other virus

Reactions: SmokinBob

How do they know that if it's only been around for 8 months? They can't say that for sure. The CDC doesn't say this as they say it is unknown how long immunity lasts. But, it does seem to be rare to get again. My guess is the vaccine will be administered on an annual basis.

How do they know that if it's only been around for 8 months? They can't say that for sure. The CDC doesn't say this as they say it is unknown how long immunity lasts. But, it does seem to be rare to get again. My guess is the vaccine will be administered on an annual basis.
Some smarter individuals than I ran tests on individuals that had already got Covid and found that there was an immunity built up and ran some tests on how long that immunity was projected to last.....

I’m not a scientist man I don’t know the specifics just that it has already been tested.

Some smarter individuals than I ran tests on individuals that had already got Covid and found that there was an immunity built up and ran some tests on how long that immunity was projected to last.....

I’m not a scientist man I don’t know the specifics just that it has already been tested.

Got it. I know the CDC has been all over the place, but people still refer to their guidance. They state that immunity differentiates person to person and that there is nothing concrete that can tell how long immunity lasts.

VN Store

Back