Corey andersons dropped pass

Originally posted by oklavol@Sep 28, 2005 2:29 PM
IMO he drops almost as many as he catches. And his blocking isnt anything to be bragging about it. 

IMO take him out and play the tight end instead and give riggs the freedom to run where he can instead of running behind his lead blocker who usually doesnt get a good block.
[snapback]154092[/snapback]​

Excuse me but do you know anything about the game of football?

Well everybody is missing the point on this thread. No matter which fullback drops passes and which one misses blocks..the important thing to remember is that it is all Randy's fault...right Sarge you (bad word) :birgits_giggle:

A. He has not dropped anywhere near 50% of the passes thrown to him. You might need to go back to last season to refresh your memory of what he did last season. He made a couple amazing catches last season. Shoot, what about the catch in the LSU game where the DE had the ball picked off it bounced off his hands and Anderson snatched the ball off of the deflection. That was an extremely difficult catch. His concentration might have failed him on that one pass, but that is no way signifies that he has "bad hands."

B. Concerning his blocking. I did not know that the fullback was the only person who blocked for the tailback. How foolish of me? I thought we had an entire OL blocking. The reason his running stats were not better is because the LSU D-Line is one of the best in the country and our OL did not block well (they were banged up and shuffled all over the place).

Originally posted by therickbol@Sep 28, 2005 2:41 PM
I saw Jerry Rice drop a pass one time. Man, he should have been cut by the 49ers! Geez, he dropped one pass. Don't be ridiculous.
[snapback]154137[/snapback]​

I think I may have seen Jerry drop 3! Imagine what he could've been if he would've had good hands! :biggrin2:

Originally posted by therickbol@Sep 29, 2005 8:22 AM
A. He has not dropped anywhere near 50% of the passes thrown to him. You might need to go back to last season to refresh your memory of what he did last season. He made a couple amazing catches last season. Shoot, what about the catch in the LSU game where the DE had the ball picked off it bounced off his hands and Anderson snatched the ball off of the deflection. That was an extremely difficult catch. His concentration might have failed him on that one pass, but that is no way signifies that he has "bad hands."

B. Concerning his blocking. I did not know that the fullback was the only person who blocked for the tailback. How foolish of me? I thought we had an entire OL blocking. The reason his running stats were not better is because the LSU D-Line is one of the best in the country and our OL did not block well (they were banged up and shuffled all over the place).
[snapback]154416[/snapback]​

Wow! So your telling me the offensive line blocks for the running back???? Do you have any more revelations for us? Like the qb throws the ball?

And by the way, why dont you go back and look at the stats this year.
He's caught 3 passes this year and dropped 2 of them. He's caught 60% and dropped 40%.

Originally posted by oklavol@Sep 29, 2005 9:24 AM
Wow!  So your telling me the offensive line blocks for the running back????  Do you have any more revelations for us?  Like the qb throws the ball?

He's caught 3 passes this year and dropped 2 of them.  He's caught 60% and dropped 40%.
[snapback]154464[/snapback]​

Oh what difference does it make? If Randy was gone, everybody would catch everything and we'd go undefeated and win it all every year...right Sarge :birgits_giggle:

Originally posted by mikey@Sep 29, 2005 10:28 AM
Oh what difference does it make?  If Randy was gone, everybody would catch everything and we'd go undefeated and win it all every year...right Sarge  :birgits_giggle:
[snapback]154471[/snapback]​

lol

Originally posted by oklavol@Sep 29, 2005 9:24 AM
Wow!  So your telling me the offensive line blocks for the running back????  Do you have any more revelations for us?  Like the qb throws the ball?

He's caught 3 passes this year and dropped 2 of them.  He's caught 60% and dropped 40%.
[snapback]154464[/snapback]​

Well, since you were saying Riggs's stats were bad because of our lack of blocking by the FB you were the one sounding stupid enough to think the OL had nothing to do with it. I didn't think it was a revelation to anyone that the OL had more to do with creating holes than the FB does, but according to what your wrote it sounded like maybe you didn't even know that. So, we are judging Anderson's pass catching ability on 5 passes. Yeah, that sounds like a good way to asses ability. Shoot, throw out those 100's of passes he has caught on a daily basis in practice. They mean nothing. Apparently he gets "lucky" everyday in practice when he shows his great hands.

In fact, you know what, I saw Meacham, Hannon, and Swain all drop easy wide-open passes. Man, they must have bad hands and not be able to catch. Shoot, I'm going to start thread where I can get them demoted and find out if we have any back-up WR's that can actually catch. They stink!

Anderson dropped that easy pass and he's not the first player in history to do so, but he also snatched one away from that linebacker that would have been a td for LSU....so get off him.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Sep 29, 2005 9:50 AM
Anderson dropped that easy pass and he's not the first player in history to do so, but he also snatched one away from that linebacker that would have been a td for LSU....so get off him.
[snapback]154486[/snapback]​

Applause! Apparently we are the only two people that saw him make that amazing catch off of the LSU deflection.

Originally posted by therickbol@Sep 29, 2005 10:48 AM
In fact, you know what, I saw Meacham, Hannon, and Swain all drop easy wide-open passes. Man, they must have bad hands and not be able to catch. Shoot, I'm going to start thread where I can get them demoted and find out if we have any back-up WR's that can actually catch. They stink!
[snapback]154484[/snapback]​

The difference is nobody is coming on the board talking about how good the wr's are playing right now either are they?????????????????

Originally posted by therickbol@Sep 29, 2005 10:46 AM
Well, since you were saying Riggs's stats were bad because of our lack of blocking by the FB you were the one sounding stupid enough to think the OL had nothing to do with it. I didn't think it was a revelation to anyone that the OL had more to do with creating holes than the FB does, but according to what your wrote it sounded like maybe you didn't even know that. So, we are judging Anderson's pass catching ability on 5 passes. Yeah, that sounds like a good way to asses ability. Shoot, throw out those 100's of passes he has caught on a daily basis in practice. They mean nothing. Apparently he gets "lucky" everyday in practice when he shows his great hands.
[snapback]154482[/snapback]​

Did you even bother to read my original post??????? Here it is

If he was blocking so well for Riggs that game, then why was Riggs running numbers not any better?

Rushing No Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg
-------------------------------------------------
Gerald Riggs Jr. 24 97 8 89 2 22 3.7

3.7 yard per a carry is pretty low for Riggs. Especially when you consider them without the 22 yard gain he had.
I think Riggs ran the ball better when the halfback was out of the game and the tight end came in.
It gives Riggs a chance to run where he finds room, instead of having to follow the lead blocker who may or may not get the get a good lead in.
and yeah I know the offensive line has to block well too, but UT hasnt had a really good lead blocking fullback since s. bryson graduated. Cory Fleming was an ok blocker not great.

Let me put this in bold so maybe you will read it once:

and yeah I know the offensive line has to block well too, but UT hasnt had a really good lead blocking fullback since s. bryson graduated.

I never said the o-line so get off this.

Originally posted by oklavol@Sep 29, 2005 9:53 AM
The difference is nobody is coming on the board talking about how good the wr's are playing right now either are they?????????????????
[snapback]154494[/snapback]​

Exaclty, yet nobody is coming on here saying the WR's are not as good as thier backups and they should be benched. Which is what you are doing saying Anderson should be demoted.

Dude, you are biased on behalf of Holbert. And, you have not legitimate leg to stand on. It's your opinion that Holbert is better, and that is fine. But, the facts are that he is not or he would be playing. What is their a conspiracy? I mean Anderson actually came to UTK as a walk-on so he is definately not getting special consideration because of his credentials. The UTK coaching staff sees both of them every day at practice. They see first hand who is better.

Originally posted by therickbol@Sep 29, 2005 10:55 AM
Exaclty, yet nobody is coming on here saying the WR's are not as good as thier backups and they should be benched. Which is what you are doing saying Anderson should be demoted.
[snapback]154499[/snapback]​

I am clueless as to whose posts you are reading. It seems like you dont even bother to read other peoples posts before you start criticizing them. Show me anywhere where I said that.

You assign someone a position that they didnt take and expect them to defend it??

What I said was is I dont even like the fullback position and would prefer to use a single back with a tight end instead and I said our fullback wasnt catching well or blocking well. Now your saying I said he should be demoted???? Show me where I said that.

VN Store

Back