Controversial Ending to Game One

DonDiego

Carolina del Sur
So... maybe having the SEC tourney one hour away from Tuscaloosa in the heart of Bama country isn't such a great idea. I don't care where the umps are from, there's too much to deal with in a state and city that owes their entire identity to college sports. Time to start a big campaign to reform this crap hole called the SEC... or get out and start a new conference. All dirty crooks.

That had to hurt: Tony Vitello shares what he was told following controversial call

I want the Vols to win every game but this tourny isnt that important to me. Coming in to this tourny I was more concerned how we do post SEC tourny. Omaha is the big goal. But I hope they man up and beat the crap out of everyone on their way to the final and an SEC Championship.

Bama 😂 figures we would get screwed in that game. SEC refs umps whatever just suck! On to the next game.

Reactions: feathersax
Yeah by 10 years sliding into a base will be banned when a play is being made. Targeting will rear its head in baseball. It's all for the safety of the kids. Violators will be banned for the next game. All Birmingham replay reviewers will still be given free meals and beverages at their regular downtown establishments following all approved replays.

So... maybe having the SEC tourney one hour away from Tuscaloosa in the heart of Bama country isn't such a great idea. I don't care where the umps are from, there's too much to deal with in a state and city that owes their entire identity to college sports. Time to start a big campaign to reform this crap hole called the SEC... or get out and start a new conference. All dirty crooks.

That had to hurt: Tony Vitello shares what he was told following controversial call
Tony should have gone up to that dumbass ump and really hit him in the ****ing nuts

Bama needs every win it can get in the SEC tourney just to make the NCAA's. I guess the umps got the word from above. No tournament should be played in Alabama unless it's one that just rotates through all of the SEC venues.

Bama needs every win it can get in the SEC tourney just to make the NCAA's. I guess the umps got the word from above. No tournament should be played in Alabama unless it's one that just rotates through all of the SEC venues.
Personally, I think they should host it in Nashville like the basketball tournament.

No matter how many times they show that replay, they can't put the runner's hand in the groin of the 2nd baseman. The only place his hand hit him was on the knee as the 2nd basement jumped across him to make the throw. For the umpire to watch the replay as many times as he did and still make that call is without excuse.

I agree that this tournament is not that important. Omaha is goal. Therefore, if I was Vitello, I would put in the worst pitcher he has and leave him in until State wins and get the heck out of Alabama. No need to wear out the team. So, in a way, give the bird to the SEC tournament, come back to Knoxville and rest up for next week.

What was the controversy?
Did you not see the slide into the 2nd base and furgerson called for interference and wiped the winning run off the board. He slide straight into the bag and was covering his face to protect himself from fielder and was called for interference which was BS. The umps decided yesterday’s game.

I just watched the replay. That is the biggest bunch of bullshat I have ever seen in baseball. He slide directly toward the bag and the ball was released BEFORE contact. And to hold up that call after review just goes to show how corrupt the umps are and how reviewing anything is a complete waste of time. The SEC office just loves Bama in everything.

Nuts are always in play. That's why you wear cups. Even blue wears one and holds his hand in front of the boys when he's calling behind the plate.

Personally, I think they should host it in Nashville like the basketball tournament.

I’ve been saying this for a while. Nobody gets excited about a city like Birmingham. Nashville is a much better environment, a much more exciting city.

Reactions: 1985Vols
I have to tip my cap to Vitello for having some great restraint in that situation. If it were me in the heat of the moment like that, I probably would’ve absolutely lost it and had one of those epic meltdown ejections haha.
When you have a leader that keeps his cool, then you have a team that can come back from any type of adversity. TN better pay coach V to keep him in Knoxville or it will prove they are not committed to excellence.

VN Store

Back