Consensus Top 10...well done CJP

I am notoriously one of the chief detractors of this hire...no secret in that.

That said, the coaching job since the abysmal start, and the rally to close this class out filling so many needs with high quality players is nothing short of astounding. Congrats and celebrations are in order. If he can develop better than the previous regimes, and it seems he can, much brighter days are ahead. I look forward to see what he can do as a HC with the same kind of talent he was used to as a position coach and coordinator.

Hats off to Coach Pruitt for a strong finish, and the statement made in recruiting.

You know, it is funny to look back at the start of this season to see what was all said. This is not a "i was right" or "you were wrong" post at all. It is just crazy how big the "returns/effects" of the turnaround (7-1 in final 8 games) have gone. These are definitely new old waters for Tennessee. Our stock hasn't been this hot in a long time.

Sincerely, I hope you are doing well dude! It has been a while!

You know, it is funny to look back at the start of this season to see what was all said. This is not a "i was right" or "you were wrong" post at all. It is just crazy how big the "returns/effects" of the turnaround (7-1 in final 8 games) have gone. These are definitely new old waters for Tennessee. Our stock hasn't been this hot in a long time.

You're easily amused.

Just giving credit where credit is obviously due. Let’s not make more of it than it is. One of the charter members of my fan club is already sniffing around trying to be indirectly snarky.

Doing well...hope you are too.

Just giving credit where credit is obviously due. Let’s not make more of it than it is. One of the charter members of my fan club is already sniffing around trying to be indirectly snarky.

Doing well...hope you are too.

I haven't even looked, but I have an idea who you are referring to!

BTW...make no mistake, I'm much happier that you seem to have been closer to correct than I was.

I'm not saying I was out to proclaim what would happen. Just wanted to take the "wait and see" approach. First time coach is result in first time problems and successes.

I will always cling to the notion that the loss to Georgia State had a bigger positive impact on Pruitt and this team than had we won.

I'm not saying I was out to proclaim what would happen. Just wanted to take the "wait and see" approach. First time coach is result in first time problems and successes.

I will always cling to the notion that the loss to Georgia State had a bigger positive impact on Pruitt and this team than had we won.
Well...it's difficult to argue otherwise at the moment. I wasn't impressed with the bowl game, but it was a win. Let's hope the trend upward continues.

This type of progress is all I ask for or expect. I’m not looking for Natty’s...I just want to compete in every game and be in the conversation for the East again. That puts us in position for even better things. I see this program heading in the same direction as the late Majors teams....88-92. Hopefully we just had our ‘88. We were close back then, and nobody wanted to play us, especially at home.
feel the exact same way. just need to get a win or two under our belts that we're 'not supposed' to get...sooner than later hopefully.

but yeah...agree with this sentiment 100%.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

VN Store

Back