Consensus Top 10...well done CJP

But only 7th in the SEC 🤷‍♀️
Two of the teams ahead of UT have 26 commits compared to 23 for UT.

UT occupies a "middle" alone in the SEC. When you total the 4/5* players for each school, it looks like this:

UGA-19
Bama- 21
LSU- 17
TAM- 15
Aub- 16
UF- 18
UT- 13
USCe- 9
UK- 7
MSU- 5
Ole Miss- 3
MU- 1
VU- 0

This very literally comes down to how good Pruitt is at finding 3* gems. To that very point... I personally think Holiday, Beckwith, Spraggins, Perry, and Robinson at a minimum are 4* caliber players.

The 4* cutoff for ATH was #16. Holiday was 26th and Beckwith was #18.

Cutoff for 4* at S was #33. Slaughter was #39.

For centers, the cutoff was 7th. Spraggins is ranked 12th.

For OLB, the cutoff was 24th. MacDonald was 38th.

APB cutoff was 6th. Small was 12th.

DT cutoff was 38th. Perry is 61st.

OG cutoff was 16th. Robinson was 47th.

RB cutoff was 26. Hodge was 57th.

My point is that the recruiting rankings don't have to be off very much for this class to be pretty significantly underrated.

Have to look at them in tiers and who we play regularly. Only 2 regular opponents are above us - uga and bama. Ok...well they are above literally everyone else. So we are doing about as well as possible vs our competition. Yes, we could jump up to the top-tier, but we will have to show it on the field first.

I'm impressed. Just think what he can do when he has an offense firing on all cylinders!

7 and 10. Nice.

You can sure bet on one thing. The rest of the SEC east is paying attention on who / what the Vols are signing. Aka Bulldogs and Gators.

Last year 11th and i thought under rated this year 9th, just wait when we start wining 9 or 10 games a year then we will be in the top 5 you got to give JP time he had a mess when he came the worst shape the program had ever been in the history of Tennessee football, coach JP has had to learn how be be a Head Coach on the job training the last 2 years he made some mistakes but i am sure he has learned from at least the highschool recruits are buying into the program i feel better than i have in the last 15 years at where this program is headed the last 15 years it seem like we were always saying wait till next year and next year never came this is the first time in a long time when we play the elite programs we can compete and have a chance at winning not saying we will win every came but we can play with Bama the dawgs and gators and we will have a good chance at Oklahoma, been a long time sense we could say this.

I like the use of the three commas in this post.... very well positioned.

There are actually 3... Just saying.

I got motion sick trying to count them.

Hats off to the staff as they pretty much got who they wanted and filled areas of weakness with Evans hanging in the balance. Next step is we need to start beating teams where we are decided underdogs. I can think of none better than OU. We owe those guys. They'll have talent but they are not head and shoulders more talented than us. I think our defensive staff shuts their inexperienced QB down enough for us to win that game.

Reactions: CR-vol
Agree! Let’s see what Cheney and offensive staff can do with JG, Bailey, and O-line. I’m confident our D can be the best ever at Tennessee. The O still out there.
They will create a package for Holiday. To explosive not to. We struggled in Orange Zone he can help this problem

Two of the teams ahead of UT have 26 commits compared to 23 for UT.

UT occupies a "middle" alone in the SEC. When you total the 4/5* players for each school, it looks like this:

UGA-19
Bama- 21
LSU- 17
TAM- 15
Aub- 16
UF- 18
UT- 13
USCe- 9
UK- 7
MSU- 5
Ole Miss- 3
MU- 1
VU- 0

This very literally comes down to how good Pruitt is at finding 3* gems. To that very point... I personally think Holiday, Beckwith, Spraggins, Perry, and Robinson at a minimum are 4* caliber players.

The 4* cutoff for ATH was #16. Holiday was 26th and Beckwith was #18.

Cutoff for 4* at S was #33. Slaughter was #39.

For centers, the cutoff was 7th. Spraggins is ranked 12th.

For OLB, the cutoff was 24th. MacDonald was 38th.

APB cutoff was 6th. Small was 12th.

DT cutoff was 38th. Perry is 61st.

OG cutoff was 16th. Robinson was 47th.

RB cutoff was 26. Hodge was 57th.

My point is that the recruiting rankings don't have to be off very much for this class to be pretty significantly underrated.
Both Holiday and Beckworth will be really good players All Sec level in three years if they stay healthy. Health determines so much at this level of play

Do you really think the “experts”can with any degree of certainty rate the 8th best vs the 4th and have any likelihood to be right? Clemsons average recruiting rank was 13 the 4 years prior to their first Natty.

No QB? Hes got the #3 returning QB according to PFF, a rs FR, a true fr, a junior and 3 pwo. And Pruitt has also shown he can lose games he shouldn't (GA state and BYU)
Yeah I saw their spring game last year. He has no qb. A qb from wake with an nfl o coord nor used to running rpo schemes while losing their entire oline would worry me as a ga fan. They have talent but their backup qbs couldn't replace a shaky Fromm this year. Be alright man, go home you ga fan.

Yeah I saw their spring game last year. He has no qb. A qb from wake with an nfl o coord nor used to running rpo schemes while losing their entire oline would worry me as a ga fan. They have talent but their backup qbs couldn't replace a shaky Fromm this year. Be alright man, go home you ga fan.
Yes we will most likely be starting a grad transfer from wake.. And your starter will be who? A true freshman? Or the masterful JG? We still have 4 and 5 stars at every position on the line so that's not a big concern, we have 4 and 5 star running backs running behind them and 4 and 5 star wide outs catching the ball... So yes we have the BEST chance to win the east.

Ladies and Gents...

The Decade of Doom is now OVER!!!

Now we keep climbing back up that steep mountain.

Now there's real footVOL players and real footVOL coaches back on the hill!

The future is very bright again!

VFL...GBO!!!

Minus long snapper when when your lowest recruit is Tee Hodge I believe you did well.

Yes we will most likely be starting a grad transfer from wake.. And your starter will be who? A true freshman? Or the masterful JG? We still have 4 and 5 stars at every position on the line so that's not a big concern, we have 4 and 5 star running backs running behind them and 4 and 5 star wide outs catching the ball... So yes we have the BEST chance to win the east.
I don't think we win it. But Florida wins the east this year boss. Love you are arguing on a free site of an opposing team that's been down for 10 years. Hahahahaha, we can beat Smart. Don't care the talent, its Florida in the east that appears unbeatable to us. And Smart doesn't make great decisions (see Fromm for Fields), so you trust him to replace all 5 oline, design a new offense around a dual threat with a nfl guy. I can't wait to watch. We play in November, so if your 1 dual threat goes down all plans are thrown out the window. I like our chances bc of smart and you're team isn't named Bama or Florida.

The WR’s performance will depend on the quality of our Qb play. If HB or another Qb besides JG play up to our expectations then the passing game will not be a liability.

You like those dead horses dont ya.

Being able to discuss a subject without repeating the same talking point is a sign of intelligence. Not being able to do that....

VN Store

Back