Consensus Top 10...well done CJP

'Boro-vol

The one, the original. Accept no Substitutes.
I am notoriously one of the chief detractors of this hire...no secret in that.

That said, the coaching job since the abysmal start, and the rally to close this class out filling so many needs with high quality players is nothing short of astounding. Congrats and celebrations are in order. If he can develop better than the previous regimes, and it seems he can, much brighter days are ahead. I look forward to see what he can do as a HC with the same kind of talent he was used to as a position coach and coordinator.

Hats off to Coach Pruitt for a strong finish, and the statement made in recruiting.

Agree! Let’s see what Cheney and offensive staff can do with JG, Bailey, and O-line. I’m confident our D can be the best ever at Tennessee. The O still out there.

Reactions: chrismc1000
Top 10 recruiting classes are exactly what we need, but unfortunately only half the process. We now have to coach-up those Top 10 recruits and insert them in a system where each can thrive and showcase their God-giving talent as well as coaching talent.

Last edited:
Pruitt has made mistakes and is growing as a head coach but one specific place where this staff and he shines is recruiting. Good times are on the horizon for all of our sports and it begins with the top down. As a person living in enemy territory you cannot fathom how glad I am not to be embarrassed by my university. GBO

This type of progress is all I ask for or expect. I’m not looking for Natty’s...I just want to compete in every game and be in the conversation for the East again. That puts us in position for even better things. I see this program heading in the same direction as the late Majors teams....88-92. Hopefully we just had our ‘88. We were close back then, and nobody wanted to play us, especially at home.

Last edited:
Agreed Boro.

The train was headed off the tracks 4 games in. A lot of the momentum they had recruiting to that point was gone. Team could have just checked out and recruiting gone in the tank. All of which would probably had UT looking for another coach in the fall of 2020.

Pruitt hasn't proven he is going to win big here (championship level) yet. The program was a complete mess when he got here and the road back wasn't going to be smooth and without obstacles. But what he has shown as a young HC is the ability to hold things together when all is not well. That resulted in a strong finish on the field and on the recruiting trail. If they dodge the terrible 4 game stretch this season and continue to climb, recruiting will only get better.

But only 7th in the SEC 🤷‍♀️
Last year 11th and i thought under rated this year 9th, just wait when we start wining 9 or 10 games a year then we will be in the top 5 you got to give JP time he had a mess when he came the worst shape the program had ever been in the history of Tennessee football, coach JP has had to learn how be be a Head Coach on the job training the last 2 years he made some mistakes but i am sure he has learned from at least the highschool recruits are buying into the program i feel better than i have in the last 15 years at where this program is headed the last 15 years it seem like we were always saying wait till next year and next year never came this is the first time in a long time when we play the elite programs we can compete and have a chance at winning not saying we will win every came but we can play with Bama the dawgs and gators and we will have a good chance at Oklahoma, been a long time sense we could say this.

Last year 11th and i thought under rated this year 9th, just wait when we start wining 9 or 10 games a year then we will be in the top 5 you got to give JP time he had a mess when he came the worst shape the program had ever been in the history of Tennessee football, coach JP has had to learn how be be a Head Coach on the job training the last 2 years he made some mistakes but i am sure he has learned from at least the highschool recruits are buying into the program i feel better than i have in the last 15 years at where this program is headed the last 15 years it seem like we were always saying wait till next year and next year never came this is the first time in a long time when we play the elite programs we can compete and have a chance at winning not saying we will win every came but we can play with Bama the dawgs and gators and we will have a good chance at Oklahoma, been a long time sense we could say this.
I nearly ran out of breath reading that.

But only 7th in the SEC 🤷‍♀️
When you look at rivals or 247. It appears that teams like UGA, Bama, LSU, Clemson, & Ohio State are the programs recruiting at a different level compared to everyone else year in and year out. Is there really a huge difference between A&M, Florida, Auburn or UT’s classes? There are always going to be player misevaluations, injuries, transfers etc. If Pruitt can consistently keep us in the top 10-12 at least, then we should be back on our way towards competing for the SECE shortly.

Agree! Let’s see what Cheney and offensive staff can do with JG, Bailey, and O-line. I’m confident our D can be the best ever at Tennessee. The O still out there.
Exactly that offense is a huge question mark for us need to see what we do against Oklahoma before we start saying their are no automatic losses

This type of progress is all I ask for or expect. I’m not looking for Natty’s...I just want to compete in every game and be in the conversation for the East again. That puts us in position for even better things. I see this program heading in the same direction as the late Majors teams....88-92. Hopefully we just had our ‘88. We were close, and nobody wanted to play us, especially at home.
Except for the horrible start to the season the two blow out losses the messed up officiating with Bama and we came back to beat Indiana... But yea we are on the right track.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back