Connecticut

Let me just vent and then move on. Evidently the ass hole of a coach has planted in these girls minds that Tennessee is the cause that Evina Westbrook is not playing this season. This is his usual low class way of approaching a game because it is all based on a lie but keep telling it. If they want revenge for Evina then maybe they should play the NCAA a game instead of us. To add I guess if she had been ruled eligible they would have let her play on another bad knee since she had surgery again just a few days after the announcement. I think it is low class to involve anything that happened to a player on Tennessee and to use it as some sort of stupid symbol for a game.

I know, it’s almost comical. He tells the media in one breath that “this game doesn’t matter anymore.” And then low blows us to his players lol. He obviously cares and if we win I will revel in the look on his face for years to come.

Totally disagree. Board would be way more interesting if we were less insular, less threatened, and more welcoming to other teams fans, even UConn's. Doesn't hurt to hear other points of view.

Most days and weeks I’d be 100% in agreement with you. But I don’t appreciate seeing post after post of a diehard Connecticut fan defending everything CT and having semi-snarky rebuttals to nearly everything diehard, obviously hyped-up Lady Vols fans post in regard to Connecticut in the days and hours prior to a game that has been anticipated for over a decade. At this time, Lady Vols fans shouldn’t have to walk on egg shells in order to not have to read another rebuttal from someone who is butting in ON OUR BOARD!!!! Not this week. Jesus!

One should have enough common sense to steer well clear of your rivals board on the week of the game between the two programs. NeedOrange can come back next week. But go TF away TODAY.

Let me just vent and then move on. Evidently the ass hole of a coach has planted in these girls minds that Tennessee is the cause that Evina Westbrook is not playing this season. This is his usual low class way of approaching a game because it is all based on a lie but keep telling it. If they want revenge for Evina then maybe they should play the NCAA a game instead of us. To add I guess if she had been ruled eligible they would have let her play on another bad knee since she had surgery again just a few days after the announcement. I think it is low class to involve anything that happened to a player on Tennessee and to use it as some sort of stupid symbol for a game.

I totally agree my friend....According to UConn fans, our administration is suppose to say we are a lousy program and Westbrook got hurt because we do not care for our player's health...

Fulmer gave her a clear pass release and "no complaints about the little darlin"...The NCAA said no, not us...Just another BS trick by the (fill in the blank) to make us look like the bad guy.

A lot of his fan base have bought into his narrative since they have so much invested in A-worship. Even those of us who despise his ugly character traits recognize his coaching abilities (aside from some bullying tendencies, as he himself has acknowledged). Yet the man just can't help himself. It's bizarre, except there are a lot of people like him who seemingly can't handle success and overcome bad impulses.

On the BY, there are very recent posts proclaiming that the UT athletic department attempted to "destroy" their program through a vendetta of lies. That Pat's decision to drop the series was prompted by her "paranoia" brought on by "her disease." That Tennessee fans will be unmercifully nasty toward them when they come to Knoxville. That Auriemma and the UCONN program are innocent victims of manufactured allegations.

It's like a cult.

Setting aside the many public digs A made toward Pat (often later brushed off as "I just like to joke around"), the alleged underhanded recruiting tactics, the public disrespect, etc., there's the pettiness shown toward Parker when A was USA coach and his meltdown over Westbrook.

You'd think someone with 11 national championships would just laugh off and ignore critics of this year's team, but he has to make public statements ranting about how unfair people are being toward his program. For someone who enjoys goading others so much, he certainly has the skin of a jellyfish.

Either that or he loves the limelight so much that he seizes any opportunity as self-promotion and an opportunity to remind everyone of how great the program has been. His fans may excuse that as genius and point to his latest recruiting success as proof, but deep down they surely see how that comes across to others (in fairness, there are other coaches who have exhibited the same traits, and the fans always overlook or even embrace those traits...as long as the coach keeps winning).

I'm sure many of his former players love him and that he has done some good things with his celebrity. But I think he knows that he will never be respected in the same way as Pat Summitt for her dignity and character regardless of how many championships he wins, and I think that eats at him.

Most days and weeks I’d be 100% in agreement with you. But I don’t appreciate seeing post after post of a diehard Connecticut fan defending everything CT and having semi-snarky rebuttals to nearly everything diehard, obviously hyped-up Lady Vols fans post in regard to Connecticut in the days and hours prior to a game that has been anticipated for over a decade. At this time, Lady Vols fans shouldn’t have to walk on egg shells in order to not have to read another rebuttal from someone who is butting in ON OUR BOARD!!!! Not this week. Jesus!

One should have enough common sense to steer well clear of your rivals board on the week of the game between the two programs. NeedOrange can come back next week. But go TF away TODAY.
Good for you. I appreciate your passion. But my presence here should add to your enjoyment. Let it rip. I can take it and if we ever meet love to buy you a nice cold drink. AS far as going away this week, it all that more important that I be here. Two passionate people on different sides of a fun issue. This isn't life or death and I will never insult your mother. So anticipate it away. Don't walk on eggshells to protect my feelings. Tell me my point guard isn't good enough to be a LV or that My post is built like a twig and that you worry she'll break when playing. Give it to me with all you've got. Just be able to handle it when I try to give it back. OK?

And I apologize for being snarky. I'll try to watch it and you can all me out when I am again.

Good for you. I appreciate your passion. But my presence here should add to your enjoyment. Let it rip. I can take it and if we ever meet love to buy you a nice cold drink. AS far as going away this week, it all that more important that I be here. Two passionate people on different sides of a fun issue. This isn't life or death and I will never insult your mother. So anticipate it away. Don't walk on eggshells to protect my feelings. Tell me my point guard isn't good enough to be a LV or that My post is built like a twig and that you worry she'll break when playing. Give it to me with all you've got. Just be able to handle it when I try to give it back. OK?

And I apologize for being snarky. I'll try to watch it and you can all me out when I am again.

Sweet music,,,love your passion

Reactions: NeedOrange
The game should never have been scheduled period. Pat Summit absolutely refused to play UConn after "Gino the Mouth" told the Georgia girls mother what he did in order to gain a recruiting advantage. Blame Warlick for letting this game get scheduled too.

I wish you would know facts before typing... this game was NOT scheduled by Geno or Holly... in fact, the two administration departments got together and scheduled this game without speaking to the head coaches.

There's four possible lead paragraphs to the Lady Vols story in Friday's newspaper. With the up and down way both teams are playing this year, I don't think we can rule any of them out.

1. They're back! Coach Harper and the Lady Vols get the signature win they've been looking for, shocking the #3 team in the country on the Huskies home court.

2. They say that close only counts in horseshoes, but the Lady Vols effort on the home court of the #3 team in the country last night is an encouraging sign for Coach Harper's program, as they gave eleven-time national champion UConn all they could handle before coming up just short of what would have been a surprising and epic win.

3. “We're making strides, but we still have a ways to go.” That was first-year coach Harper's assessment after last night's double digit loss to the #3 ranked UConn Huskies on their home court. Indeed, throughout the game there were long periods when the Lady Vols stood toe-to-toe with the eleven time national champions, but in the end there were too many times they couldn't maintain that effort or buckled under UConn's pressure.

4. Tennessee fans were reminded last night that while UConn may not be the overpowering juggernaut that they were for most of the last decade, they still are a force to be reckoned with as they handed the Lady Vols their worst loss since the Stanford game, and their worst defeat against the Huskies since their 23 point loss in the 2002 NCAA Tournament.
Awesome!

I wish you would know facts before typing... this game was NOT scheduled by Geno or Holly... in fact, the two administration departments got together and scheduled this game without speaking to the head coaches.
I am speaking out of pure ignorance, but I find it hard to believe this series was scheduled without any input from the two head coaches.

Reactions: Dube
Why @Dube, I didn't know you were such a loyal Baylor fan. The numbers are the numbers over the course of 17 games.

Also, If UConn struggles with the 3; why would you make that a focus of your defense. I do believe the better option is to try to take away a strength. For example. LV's are great rebounders, hence a great coach (like Geno) will have his players focus on blocking out on the defensive boards and not slip away for transition.

So what is the UConn strength, motion offense. They struggled against two teams with less talent than the LV's who were very physical. They bumped cutters, hit them with forearms and hips. Slowed down the motion. UConn is a small team, but with overall speed, passing acumen, and a high BB IQ. Attack to disrupt and you guys will make it a game. Defend the 3 and it's sayonara.
I have been an Uconn WBB fan since 1987! When a girl from Bristol Ct. signed with Geno "Laura Lishness"! I never said anything about defending the three. I just said they struggled when shooting the 3 poorly! I want a good game tonight because I am a college basketball fan! A fan of Pats! My favorite Vol is Imo their greatest player ever Holdsclaw and KJH because that girl lead Tennessee to a NC playing on a bad ACL! So whoever wins tonight Congratulations! Yes I want the Huskies but if they dont tomorrow is a new day! I have played, coached and scouted To many games to know I am just a fan and when the buzzer sounds. What game am I watching next!

Reactions: mcannon1
Why @Dube, I didn't know you were such a loyal Baylor fan. The numbers are the numbers over the course of 17 games.

Also, If UConn struggles with the 3; why would you make that a focus of your defense. I do believe the better option is to try to take away a strength. For example. LV's are great rebounders, hence a great coach (like Geno) will have his players focus on blocking out on the defensive boards and not slip away for transition.

So what is the UConn strength, motion offense. They struggled against two teams with less talent than the LV's who were very physical. They bumped cutters, hit them with forearms and hips. Slowed down the motion. UConn is a small team, but with overall speed, passing acumen, and a high BB IQ. Attack to disrupt and you guys will make it a game. Defend the 3 and it's sayonara.
By the way if I did the scout it would entail a helluva lot more than defending the 3 lol!

VN Store

Back