Connecticut

You’ve worn out your welcome, NeedOrange. Buzz off.
Totally disagree. Board would be way more interesting if we were less insular, less threatened, and more welcoming to other teams fans, even UConn's. Doesn't hurt to hear other points of view.

I believe this game is important for ESPN, for nostalgia and history and for us older fans who live mostly in past glories. And for Geno, whose massive ego will never forget or forgive the many (mostly deserved) personal slights he's collected over the years from the LVs.

For the actual participants, the players, I believe the motivations will be quite different since they were toddlers the last time one of these games was a big deal. I'm sure the Westbrook saga will be the main motivator for the Hussies, while for us its another chance for a hallmark win on the road against a top program.

While I expect and hope it will be closer and more competitive than the Stanford schooling, I'm not sure we're far enough along in the reclamation project to pull off a win. Too much bad decision making leading to too many giveaways. Would love to be wrong though.

While this game means the world to us old fan nostalgia buffs, to grudge holders like Geno, and to the media, the truth is for us a big SEC win is more important and for them wins against Baylor, Stanford and South Carolina would mean more for the actual present day season they're involved in.

You’ve worn out your welcome, NeedOrange. Buzz off.
Kinda baffling to me just how frequently fans of such a dominant program as UConn come on the board of a program they "no longer view as relevant" just to troll. It's tacky and beneath you. NeedOrange, Dogs both New and Old...what is it with you people?

If this were a home game for the Lady Vols I would think it would be close...and maybe an upset...but...UCONN is on a mission from here on out and Tennessee is still finding it's way. If they renew the rivalry it won't take long for it to be super competitive.....the older Geno gets...the closer the talent gaps will become...lol....

Reactions: glv98
Kinda baffling to me just how frequently fans of such a dominant program as UConn come on the board of a program they "no longer view as relevant" just to troll. It's tacky and beneath you. NeedOrange, Dogs both New and Old...what is it with you people?

I'm not sure that you know that the posters you mentioned think that Tennessee is no longer relevant. Are you just lumping us in a group because we are UConn fans and you've heard some say that about the Tennessee program?

I, for one, don't think Tennessee is irrelevant. They are very relevant. Their history goes on without question.

I post here because I like talking basketball, I like defending the team I root for and there is always something to defend. While you might not post about UConn, there are a ton of people here that do.

Civil interaction about basketball, even UConn basketball, is fun for me.

As long as the moderators will have me, I'll keep making the occasional post.

I'm not sure why a fan of another team posting here is automatically trolling. If it's trolling it's trolling, but if not, why are we on auto-troll? I use to post on the Boner occasionally back during the day and I enjoyed it. Why are we afraid of what folks outside the LV universe say, especially if it's respectful and informative?

Just me, but I feel embarrassed when we shoo away outside posters just for peeking inside our tent. If they pee in it, shoo them; if they just peek I'm interested in what they have to say. Lord knows, we need active posters to avoid being 12 keyboard warriors spouting the same ole over and over.

I'm not sure why a fan of another team posting here is automatically trolling. If it's trolling it's trolling, but if not, why are we on auto-troll? I use to post on the Boner occasionally back during the day and I enjoyed it. Why are we afraid of what folks outside the LV universe say, especially if it's respectful and informative?

Just me, but I feel embarrassed when we shoo away outside posters just for peeking inside our tent. If they pee in it, shoo them; if they just peek I'm interested in what they have to say. Lord knows, we need active posters to avoid being 12 keyboard warriors spouting the same ole over and over.
I always pee before I get here. At my age, mistakes happen.

I have no issue with fans of other programs (even UConn!) on this board, I think it creates a great vibe. One thing I admire about the BY is how much of an overall WBB fan forum they've become.

NewDog, however, is a known troll who "just so happened" to join the forum the day after another known troll account was banned. In this particular instance, needling of Tennessee fans on our forum feels low class to me and I will never understand it. NeedOrange, who is generally respectful, I think is pushing it, which I understand because of the heated rivalry, and yet... you're on a Tennessee board, what kind of response do you expect?

I have no issue with fans of other programs (even UConn!) on this board, I think it creates a great vibe. One thing I admire about the BY is how much of an overall WBB fan forum they've become.

NewDog, however, is a known troll who "just so happened" to join the forum the day after another known troll account was banned. In this particular instance, needling of Tennessee fans on our forum feels low class to me and I will never understand it. NeedOrange, who is generally respectful, I think is pushing it, which I understand because of the heated rivalry, and yet... you're on a Tennessee board, what kind of response do you expect?
Good on ya if you generally have no issue with other fans, but its pretty rare that one posts anything that they don't get told to buzz off. Embarrassingly insular IMO.

I don't take it seriously enough to research posters' history, aliases, etc, but I haven't seen anything needling about the current UConn posters. JMO of course, but I welcome different viewpoints and don't consider myself the troll police.

Reactions: mcannon1

I know I can't convince you but I am not the former "olddog". I'm just not. I started reading the board when that poster was still posting and I thought, well he is the olddog, so I'm new so I'll be the newdog.

If I was he, I'd just admit it.

How am I a known troll? What have I posted that is trolling? Serious question.

If this were a home game for the Lady Vols I would think it would be close...and maybe an upset...but...UCONN is on a mission from here on out and Tennessee is still finding it's way. If they renew the rivalry it won't take long for it to be super competitive.....the older Geno gets...the closer the talent gaps will become...lol....

UCONN has been up and down all season. They only have one loss because they have a great coach (as much as I dislike him.) His current roster with any other coach would have about 5 losses this season. 3 or so to unranked teams like UCF and Memphis lol

Reactions: Nute Gunray
UCONN has been up and down all season. They only have one loss because they have a great coach (as much as I dislike him.) His current roster with any other coach would have about 5 losses this season. 3 or so to unranked teams like UCF and Memphis lol
Hard to say how a team would play for another coach, but I believe you are downplaying the talent on this roster.

How did that work out against Baylor? One of those players is Irwin. How many 3s has she taken this year maybe 25? She is your player over 50%! Not even 2 shots a game. Uconn has shot over 40% from 3 in only 7 games this year with 3 right at 40%! They shot 30% against Baylor by the way!
Why @Dube, I didn't know you were such a loyal Baylor fan. The numbers are the numbers over the course of 17 games.

Also, If UConn struggles with the 3; why would you make that a focus of your defense. I do believe the better option is to try to take away a strength. For example. LV's are great rebounders, hence a great coach (like Geno) will have his players focus on blocking out on the defensive boards and not slip away for transition.

So what is the UConn strength, motion offense. They struggled against two teams with less talent than the LV's who were very physical. They bumped cutters, hit them with forearms and hips. Slowed down the motion. UConn is a small team, but with overall speed, passing acumen, and a high BB IQ. Attack to disrupt and you guys will make it a game. Defend the 3 and it's sayonara.

Reactions: glv98
Hard to say how a team would play for another coach, but I believe you are downplaying the talent on this roster.

Don’t bother responding to my posts in the future. I have no desire to interact with you, which is why I’m not in the BoneYard. Good luck and carry on!

Their roster says they are really good. I do not think they would have lost 5 games...not in the least. Geno doesn't play the games and this is a team that plays in a system. The players can have off nights but this team is stacked with quality players and could win another title this year. I hope not...but to say they would have 5 losses is silly. In any of those close games could have been a UCONN blowout. I will never understand why people don't get that talent match up and "on any given night" are two different things.

Don’t bother responding to my posts in the future. I have no desire to interact with you, which is why I’m not in the BoneYard. Good luck and carry on!
Have you tried Maria's forum? You might like that more. I for one wish we had more posters from other teams. Couldn't be worse, more boorish trolls then some of "our" posters. I appreciate the observations about upcoming opponents. I think we all have in common that we enjoy and support women's basketball.

Have you tried Maria's forum? You might like that more. I for one wish we had more posters from other teams. Couldn't be worse, more boorish trolls then some of "our" posters. I appreciate the observations about upcoming opponents. I think we all have in common that we enjoy and support women's basketball.

I bring all sorts of conversation to this board. I am no Holly apologist and would never step keyboard on Maria’s forum. I simply have no desire to go back and forth with a poster who has no intention of having a meaningful conversation. I have lots of fun with posters from other schools and generally don’t mind them.

Reactions: NeedOrange
FYI, I am a women's college basketball fan. I gave up on the men's one and done game awhile ago. I visit Muffet's Bench, Boneyard, and VolNation. I am interested in Sam Brunelle's development. I am curious if Crystal Dangerfield will make an WNBA roster this summer. I am really interested in Rae's development at TN. I was disappointed in Mercedes' lack of coaching/development. I wonder if Candace Parker will play this year. When will she call it a career? I am retired and these forums feed my interests.

I will respect that posters request and not reply in the post he replied to me in. I just stated my opinion. I kept it brief without listing all the reasons why I feel that way.

Thanks for your take on this. I'm still waiting to see where all my posts are that are trolling.

Let me just vent and then move on. Evidently the ass hole of a coach has planted in these girls minds that Tennessee is the cause that Evina Westbrook is not playing this season. This is his usual low class way of approaching a game because it is all based on a lie but keep telling it. If they want revenge for Evina then maybe they should play the NCAA a game instead of us. To add I guess if she had been ruled eligible they would have let her play on another bad knee since she had surgery again just a few days after the announcement. I think it is low class to involve anything that happened to a player on Tennessee and to use it as some sort of stupid symbol for a game.

VN Store

Back