Connecticut

In no way should athletic dept money earned with the literal blood, sweat, and physical damage to the brains of our young men on our football team be spent on the buyout of a lady Vols basketball game when those ladies refuse to be called Vols and don’t earn their own keep. That disgusting feminist garbage.

I'm glad we are playing them again...good for the program and the sport ...but that said.

They.....
20200120_222706.jpg

Reactions: RollerVol
Snowflake has gotten to be a word with negative connotations

per wikipedia;
Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

When you quote Philippians in your Avatar you put yourself in a natural place for nit-picking

Well that is fine, it's not coming off. They can nit pick away. I just said snowflake because it was just someone else wanting to run from a challenge .

In no way should athletic dept money earned with the literal blood, sweat, and physical damage to the brains of our young men on our football team be spent on the buyout of a lady Vols basketball game when those ladies refuse to be called Vols and don’t earn their own keep. That disgusting feminist garbage.

Look up the word, "tact", you won't see, you

Not sure how u was raised but I was taught not to back down from anyone. We will take our lumps and move on, you never know what will happen. That's why u play the game. All I expect is 100% effort and no quit.

Spoken like a warrior,,,I'd recruited you on that alone

Not sure how u was raised but I was taught not to back down from anyone. We will take our lumps and move on, you never know what will happen. That's why u play the game. All I expect is 100% effort and no quit.

Finally somebody got it right. You go out there give it everything you got, learn from your mistakes, and get better and ready for the next game. You do all you can do the scoreboard takes care of itself.

Turnovers are still a problem for the ladies, but overall there is clear improvement over last years team. Unfortunately probably not enough yet to beat UConn at their place, but if they continue to improve and stop the turnovers, we will have a chance next time.

Reactions: RollerVol
Fulmer needs to buy that game out. It will be a slaughter.

The game should never have been scheduled period. Pat Summit absolutely refused to play UConn after "Gino the Mouth" told the Georgia girls mother what he did in order to gain a recruiting advantage. Blame Warlick for letting this game get scheduled too.

I strongly suspect Connecticut will have a player on Rennia like glue from end to end and for 40 minutes, trying their darnedest to deny her opportunities to even touch the ball, much less get shots off.

So it will be up to Rennia to draw her defender out far enough that makes it easier for others to get open to score. Kellie will need to make a plan to beat them 4-on-4 — unless Rennia can develop some nifty football-like evasive moves to get open. lol Maybe a roll-off here, a stop-and-start there... a juke and a head fake. Either that or the team trainer could spray Rennia with skunk scent so the CT players don’t want to stay with her. lol

But seriously, I could see them taking advantage of the fact that two of our starters are freshmen and another is a sophomore who isn’t typically a scorer.

Also, though I love Tamari Key and wouldn’t trade her for the world, I believe that Nelson-Ododa’s superior agility could present a huge problem for or freshman. ONO’s body proportions and musculature are more like those of a power forward instead of a traditional post, so she’s likely going to be able to use the natural edge she has in quickness to make it difficult for Key to box her out.

ONO is also really good at finding cutters with hard-to-intercept bounce passes. I have a feeling this will be an issue for the Lady Vols. Our players will need to be extremely vocal in shouting out to each other what they see going down on the court Thursday night. They’ve got to talk and MOVE in tune with one another like they’re the dang Borg!

But we’ll see! I kinda expect CT to win by a whole lot for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that a loss on their court happens about as often as a snow storm in Honolulu, but you never know! With this particular group of Lady Vols I’d also not be the least bit surprised if something magical happened.

She was ruled ineligible.
UConn could easily beat us by 30 or more. They hung with Baylor, a team that went on to beat West Virginia by 40.
Defensively the LVs have improved under Harper, but otherwise I see the same old stuff. I don’t think she was the right answer for this program. Beating Alabama by a field goal isn’t really a victory. It’s the same old warlick turnovers and do nothing offense.
There’s no way you can watch this year’s team and say they’re not better. They’re tougher, they’re playing together, they’re better defensively, and they fight. Try watching a game.

If we turn it over 20 time I'm sure we'll lose by quite a bit must take care of the ball. We will have to play at an entirely different level to win up there. The great thing is it does not count in the SEC standings and were currently tied for second.
We be lucky to keep turnovers to 20 with this team . The lowest all year I think was 11 ... this team gives up close to 20 points a game just from TO .. LV will not keep it under 20 .. that's TO's and score margin

There’s no way you can watch this year’s team and say they’re not better. They’re tougher, they’re playing together, they’re better defensively, and they fight. Try watching a game.
Prima dona ' s out there .. some don't play defense and dont hustle and turn ball over constantly .. and they the most mins ..

If Nelson-Ododa is to be such an overpowering rival it would be interesting to surprise her with something not expected. Twin towers. Key and Saunders double post. Davis, Harston, Massengil guard forwards. Not to say full time.

She was ruled ineligible.
UConn could easily beat us by 30 or more. They hung with Baylor, a team that went on to beat West Virginia by 40.
Defensively the LVs have improved under Harper, but otherwise I see the same old stuff. I don’t think she was the right answer for this program. Beating Alabama by a field goal isn’t really a victory. It’s the same old warlick turnovers and do nothing offense.

We Lady Vol fans have sorely underappreciated the genius of Holly Warlick. She skillfully dragged our expectations down so low to the point where we are ECSTATIC over a lucky 2-point win over Bama.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Well all UConn got going for them is the home court, more talent four of their starters are top five players in their class, and most of their players are far more experienced than ours. We start two freshmen and a sophomore so were at a huge disadvantage from the beginning. I still believe it will be a close game if we don't turn it over a numerous amount of times which seems highly unlikely something we haven't been able to correct even at this point in the season.

VN Store

Back