Confident Oklahoma Fans

Replace Oklahoma with your favorite team and you have every football message board every created... Including this one.

Reactions: 2 people
They should be confidant they beat the slop out of us last year. It doesn't mean we can't or won't win but if the shoe were on the other foot we would feel the same way.

:thud:Funny how some visit other people boards and everyone upset at the lack of respect, etc...basically the same thing someone visiting this board from another school would find....:thud:

Perhaps, but even being completely ignorant of the UT hype train, some of those comments were beyond outrageous. Saying they should beat UT by at least 3 TDs is borderline comical.

What surprised me more than those comments was the reaction to them, or lack of reaction, from other posters.

I agree. That last post was particularly ignorant and vacuous. That guy is surely embarrassment to the the quality OU posters who've shown up on our board since last year. But, quite honestly, I've wandered over to the "Fulmer statue" thread this morning and I'm a little numb to pure stupidity right now.

Oklahoma fans basically disrespects Neyland Stadium.

"My husband and I were in Tennessee to play golf, and on a rainy day decided to drive to see the famous Tennessee stadium. One, it is in the middle of town, with hills everywhere, poor parking, and since half of the stadium is on the river, this limits traffic flow. Also, it just looked like a big metal hulk. UGLY!"

Tennessee game
forest-whitaker-eye.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
They only gave up 324 yards. It wasn't like they got trucked. So basically anytime a favored team loses its due to overconfidence?

When the best team in college football loses to an average team, I'd say being overconfident has something to do with it. This wasn't a struggling Ohio st team barely getting by folks. I mean their 2nd string team could be ranked in the top 25.

Reactions: 1 person
..who was the last "Peyton Manning-like" recruit Oklahoma pulled?

And do I really need to know the definition of a "sooner"?
ahem...

The Sooner was an "energetic individual who travels ahead of the human procession." He was prosperous, ambitious, competent, a "can-do" individual.

When I think of Oklahoma I don't really think of some go-getters that are tearing their way into the future. I see a bunch of people whose ancestors got to Oklahoma and said

"Meh. This is far enough"

Vols gonna win y'all

Reactions: 5 people
When the best team in college football loses to an average team, I'd say being overconfident has something to do with it. This wasn't a struggling Ohio st team barely getting by folks. I mean their 2nd string team could be ranked in the top 25.

Well it was the 2nd game of the season. They lost Miller for the year and barely beat Navy in game 1. They weren't considered the best team in college football a year ago today. They improved immensely as the season went on.

If you want to say a reason they lost was overconfidence then fine. We can agree to disagree.

eh, if i were an OU fan, i might dismiss TN too. it's not like we haven't sucked out loud for the past 5-6 years. and while we're all high on Butch, rightfully so, there isn't a marquee win save USC. that said, some of the comments are at best uneducated...regarding recruiting and such. you'd have to be blind to not at least acknowledge the progress being made, off the field.

it's just like many of us have been saying....hype is nice, results are better. and i think we get some this year, finally. so, let'em talk, doesn't matter. the game will be played.

This +1 :) this staff and team has to beat some meaningful teams to really be feared... We haven't beat an OOC good team in a long time so still not sure why VN thinks we're going to win. Well I know but don't agree..:)

This thread kind of reminds me of last years fla thread.... it went from we're going to "whip da azz" to excuses for totally choking afterwards.

Lets beat them and let the scoreboard and the atmosphere in knoxville speak for themselves.

Go Vols!

They're not wrong. We haven't done anythingin ovea decade-yet!

Eight years; not a decade. Let's not make this any worse than it already is! 06' we had he horses to challenge for it all. 07' we repped the east in the SECCG and won over WI in the bowl. Both decent seasons.

Also, we actually made the list twice for SEC exclusive, and once for OOC games. When your ranked @ 6th or 7th in the SEC, then getting on this list 3 times ain't bad.

No offense to any future UT recruit but saying someone will never have another recruit like Peyton is not really an insult.

You got that right! Peyton is the GOAT at the highest level of this game so not only UT but NOBODY else anywhere will recruit someone like him for a very long time - until some new GOAT eventually surpases Peyton which is right now hard to even imagine given all the records he has set and/or is about to set this coming season.

:thud:Funny how some visit other people boards and everyone upset at the lack of respect, etc...basically the same thing someone visiting this board from another school would find....:thud:

Like someone "visiting" from Ole Miss...and never leaving? :)

Reactions: 2 people
Just curious, have you ever read posts on this very site made by UT fans? There are idiot fans for every team.

We are a little more classy... I've never seen one of us refer to an opposing HC as a "duck fart... Lol

One National Title and played for two others. Multiple Big 12 titles. Interesting.

I thought I saw a thread about Fulmer getting a statue.....

Don't even go over there Nate. Got guys talking about how much he sucked as a coach, how much he sucks as a human, and that win-loss records and national titles don't mean ish. Beyond embarrassing and not worth your time.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't even go over there Nate. Got guys talking about how much he sucked as a coach, how much he sucks as a human, and that win-loss records and national titles don't mean ish. Beyond embarrassing and not worth your time.

National titleS?

I never clicked on it. From an "outsider" I always liked Fulmer a lot.

My point was think what you want about Stoops but I don't think "under achiever" is a word I would use.

I find the following truths to be self-evident:

1. Last year, UO pulled our pants down and gave us a few red stripes across our bare cheeks and therefor has every right to feel as confident as they are feeling now.
2. Team 119 is NOT team 118. Improvement abounds.
3. UO will leave Knoxville this year, whether winners or losers, understanding there is less disparity between these two teams than they once thought.

p.s. Really, REALLY enjoyed all that duck fart business...hysterically funny

VN Store

Back