Conference only schedule

So for ONE SEASON we will be playing old style SEC football...Just like the good ole days...I like it...Still wish we were playing OU but this football schedule is better than no football.

Old time football? Single wing, bump and run coverage, two way players, can't advance a fumble, etc?

Eddie Shore & Toe Blake are on board.

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers
According to reports SEC commissioner Greg Sankey will announce Friday that the SEC will play a 10 game conference only schedule this season.

I want some football, but I want our players to be in a safe place for Covid..........I pray nothing happens during the season as a result of Covid-19.

Reactions: preacherwebb
No, they are not. Pitt goes to Miami and both BC and Syracuse go to Clemson. FSU goes to South Bend. Notre Dame plays at BC and Ga Tech.
Yes, they did change the scheduling and tried to do more regional scheduling. It was impossible to do complete regional scheduling, but they did retool and even some divisional opponents are not playing each other this year.

At least we may have a season. Still will not be legitimate because I’m sure there will be a few games where one team will be at a a disadvantage because of players testing positive for COVID and how the quarantine rules will effect their roster vs. their opponent. Teams with the best quality depth will have more of an advantage than they normally do.

if they play a season it’s legitimate, you’re only as strong as your weakest link. It’s true as a team and a program. If one team runs thin due to COVID, well, that’s life. They keep score for every game, so the outcome matters.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Ohio State football attendance limited to 20 percent
Ohio Stadium has a capacity of roughly 105,000, so a 20 % cap would mean about 21,000 fans per game. An Ohio State athletics spokesperson said student tickets will “absolutely” remain a part of the reduced capacity.
The letter said season ticket holders who previously purchased 1-10 tickets can retain a maximum of two tickets, those purchasing 11-20 can retain a maximum of four and those purchasing more than 20 can retain a maximum of eight.

If UT does this some people may not get the full allotment of tickets and other will be out all together. Right now UT list 11,640 Total members.

Ohio State football attendance limited to 20 percent

If UT does this some people may not get the full allotment of tickets and other will be out all together. Right now UT list 11,640 Total members.
I can see where releasing tickets in pairs will make it much easier logistically to come up with a seating plan that keeps people apart. If you're trying to do that with pairs, some blocks of 3, 4, 5, 6, etc. the planning will get amazingly complicated.

11640 is only the total number of donors. You can get tickets without donations and not every donor has football tickets either.

Reactions: sport3500
I've got to think the Vol Pass holders are going to be left out entirely.

UT has finally pulled season tickets from their website, which implies to me that the announcement is imminent and pretty much ensures that people who purchased the Vol Pass/$300 donation-free season tickets/pretty much any low-donation seat are going to be receiving refund guidelines in short order.

Is the Lane Train coming to Knoxville? Gotta be a tough ticket!

"Details are uncertain as to how individual program schedules will shake out at this time, but rumors believe that the two additional opponents could be the next two in each team’s rotation. Should this be the case, Ole Miss would add Tennessee and Kentucky to its schedule. " - from www.redcuprebellion.com/ .... it could be happening this year! Or it could be we go to Oxford. Doubt anyone knows, but it'll still be a tough ticket!

Watching Braves games with people watching from their hotel rooms. Cmon folks, you have plenty of time to figure out how to get some fans in the seats.

VN Store

Back