Conference only schedule

At least we may have a season. Still will not be legitimate because I’m sure there will be a few games where one team will be at a a disadvantage because of players testing positive for COVID and how the quarantine rules will effect their roster vs. their opponent. Teams with the best quality depth will have more of an advantage than they normally do.
There will be a start to the season. I put the chances of that happening at pretty close to 100%. Finishing the season though, I put the chances at 100% also of it not happening.

OH FFS, UGA adds Miss State and Arkansas . Are you kidding me?

Lol they got the luck of the draw. I guess to be fair they're playing what a lot of people think are the top two west teams already

Perfect time for the league to get rid of the stupid divisions anyway to create better, more consistent and fair scheduling! So many times in past 20 years, LSU UGA AND FL have been very fortunate in scheduling.

Florida would have a harder schedule than us. They play 3 legit west teams in A&M, LSU, and Bama. We play two in Bama and LSU.

Also I would say the team that benefits most is Auburn. They have UGA of course but they'll have UK, Mizzou and SC. They have to have the easiest draw from the other division overall yeah?

Last edited:
Adding Ole Miss and LSU, while exciting, means a substantially tougher road to hoe to get to 6 wins. Feel for UNCC and Furman. Losing $$$. As an aside, I heard the Troy AD on radio today, say they mapped out 200+ scenarios depending on what P5 did.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
just false hope -- the idiot politicians will somehow cause everything to be cancelled

Goodbye Oklahoma game

Russ Delinger reported it on the Finebaum show today very likely SEC does 10 game conference schedule and keeps 1 non conference game

Ross not Russ check his Twitter on it

I think we add two SEC games and keep the Oklahoma game. Who wants to play LSU and A&M this season lol

hell yea!
So 10 + 1....why not just play the normal 12? What’s the difference in a east coast SEC team traveling to Missouri or Texas A&M vs UT traveling to Oklahoma.

Likewise someone like FSU traveling to Boston College or Syracuse be traveling to Atlanta to play WVU?

Not agreeing or disagreeing, I just don’t understand the difference...

So 10 + 1....why not just play the normal 12? What’s the difference in a east coast SEC team traveling to Missouri or Texas A&M vs UT traveling to Oklahoma.

Likewise someone like FSU traveling to Boston College or Syracuse be traveling to Atlanta to play WVU?

Not agreeing or disagreeing, I just don’t understand the difference...
Because of the continuity of the testing. That’s why I was hoping that the SEC, ACC and Big XII would form an alliance to all participate with the same testing protocols and scheduling models. Maybe there is still some wiggle room. There is no way Sankey can let Swofford outflank him on this +1 thing and we only get 10 conference games. We need to maintain those SEC/ACC rivalry games.

Btw I agree with you. Some of this make no sense.

I think I can see why this is happening.

1) go conference only and the SEC or any conference is control of their own choices. It cuts off the interdependency if things go haywire overall or in other parts of the country. You don't need a large group to agree, just your conference, which are the same people you have shared finances. Very smart.

2) more quality home games with all conference games. If you have to restrict number of fans at any game, now all season holders share equally in the reduction. 5 games at 40% attendance means every ticket holder gets 2 home games and with more quality games the complaints are reduced. (Not going to zero). Of course this assumes season ticket holders equals capacity. We know that it is really 60%. Maybe you get 2 games in your regular seats and a 3rd or 4th game in a lesser seat??

So for ONE SEASON we will be playing old style SEC football...Just like the good ole days...I like it...Still wish we were playing OU but this football schedule is better than no football.

BTW, I love this schedule. It's a shock to the system and should create some great memories.

The SEC is going to eat each other. This will be a bloodbath and every weekend will be exciting.
I just hope Pruitt has us prepared better than the last two starts of the season.

I don't think they will overlook their first game of the season like they obviously did last year. GBO.

VN Store

Back