Conference Games Only?

it’s fall or nothing. They aren’t playing for 3 months in the spring to turn around and play again in August.
Who says they can’t postpone the start of next year’s season into October or November? Anything is possible when it comes to scheduling. The NBA has already said they are probably pushing back next season’s start. I’m sure other sports will do the same. Nothing says they have to start next season on time if this season gets pushed back. I’m sure they have all their options open at this point. They just have to go with the flow.

So the UT Schedule would be, The Sec East plus Bama and Arkansas. Vols go 5-3 or 6-2. Gators could be undefeated. UGA has Bama and Auburn. They could have 3 losses.

Who says they can’t postpone the start of next year’s season into October or November? Anything is possible when it comes to scheduling. The NBA has already said they are probably pushing back next season’s start. I’m sure other sports will do the same. Nothing says they have to start next season on time if this season gets pushed back. I’m sure they have all their options open at this point. They just have to go with the flow.

The labor supply for the NFL/NBA cannot be compared to college athletics. There are billions of reasons why. At best if we assume the season started in January ended in March and then the next year started in October that would be 6 months rest as opposed to 9 months. In this age of new found focus on student athlete rights and just compensation theres no way in hell that will go off without incident.

There isn’t any reason to start delaying seasons. Just start in time and make everyone wear a mask. People will get infected and some will die, but that is going to be the case for the rest of our lives. There will be no legitimate vaccine. We are going to lose 500,000-1 million people every year to COVID-19 in the world, regardless of sports or not.

All I know is this...Without delving deeper than surface level into my medical history, I had an organ transplant in 1993 at the age of 16, and since that time I've taken anti-rejection medication for it...I take what's called Imuran EVERY single day, and I will for the remainder of my life, god willing a very many years...I'm very much "immunocompromised"...I also have two boys ages 14 and 10 who I want to see grow up.

It's honestly not political to me, I could give a fat rat's ass about all of that, I just want people to understand that not all of us are the picture of health, regardless of circumstance or even outward appearances, and we're scared for good reason.

Some of you need to have a little more compassion I think...Sorry, didn't wanna ruffle feathers, but I felt I needed to say something.
Thank you for sharing your story.

There isn’t any reason to start delaying seasons. Just start in time and make everyone wear a mask. People will get infected and some will die, but that is going to be the case for the rest of our lives. There will be no legitimate vaccine. We are going to lose 500,000-1 million people every year to COVID-19 in the world, regardless of sports or not.

For how long?

Reactions: 08Vol
I work at a hospital in Chattanooga as well. We have had 2 positive patients so far, both elderly. Only one showed symptoms. The other, I cared for last night and she seemed perfectly fine. The virus affects everyone differently, which is why it is so hard to manage.

I just hate living in fear (which I'm choosing not to do anymore), and wearing these freaking masks all the time. My face feels like it has a mask on even when it doesnt have a mask on.

P.S. I probably know of you, especially if you work at the Baroness.
Not BEH, but I was there in 2010 to 2013

Wrong. People have lost simple common sense. They have let the media convince them that COVID is Ebola. The sheer stupidity that has been on display for months is beyond shocking. Something is going fundamentally wrong with the human gene pool.
If the media was shut down instead of businesses things would improve quickly.

This isn’t a policy issue. We shut down the damn country, destroying the economy, and it still wasn’t enough. The virus is going to do its thing and sports are just another casualty.

Quit making it a political issue. It isn’t one.

We reopened too soon without taking the proper precautions. Protests, rallies and pool parties ignoring all social distancing guidelines didn’t help either.

My state is a $h!tshow and a case study on how not to handle a pandemic. It’s embarrassing.

Last edited:
We reopened too soon without the proper precautions. Protests, rallies and pool parties ignoring all social distancing guidelines didn’t help either.

My state is a $h!tshow and a case study on how not to handle a pandemic. It’s embarrassing.
Idk about proper precautions. From what I’ve seen we have proper precautions it’s just a lot of people choose not to follow them.

Reactions: JuicyBrucey
We reopened too soon without the proper precautions. Protests, rallies and pool parties ignoring all social distancing guidelines didn’t help either.

It was unrealistic to expect people to stay quarantined for any longer then we did. In fact, what we learned is that we should not have shutdown areas that were not experiencing an infection issue and instead focused on the hotspots.

The problem with broad shutdown mandates for places not actually affected makes it impossible to reimpose shutdowns later and when actually necessary.

The virus is going to do its thing. Mitigation is the only path forward in country with 330 million people with freedom.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back