Complete utter disgrace

20 plus games in and no offensive identity and even less chemistry. Haint lookin good for March.
If I had posted early in the season this team will be lucky to win 20 everyone would have jumped on it as a moronic statement. This team will be lucky to win 20. I even told someone this team would have at most 1 loss at the Kansas game. Never saw a team this uneven.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Nothing. He is a liability. As is Fulkerson.
Essentially a 2 man team. Just surprised it's been 2 true freshmen and we've gotten so little from Fulkerson and Pons...well. really nothing from Fulk. Like I said, I'm going to enjoy Springer and KJ during the time left at UT. Sucks that they never had the crowds or a team around them. Pretty lousy collegiate experience for those 2. Hell, I'd absolutely leave if the opportunity presented. No way I'd spend another year like this again.

Reactions: Catbone
Inconsistent team.

Fulky not his normal self, SV isn’t a true pg (Needs to be moved to the wing), rebounding is suspect.

This team is good enough to make a deep tournament run.

Just need to find their identity.
Can the stars align? Sure, but I don’t think we have a shot at a deep run. Overall talent is there but we are weak ball handlers and can’t consistently hit shots, generally because we aren’t taking good ones. We’re more likely to lose in round 1 than make the Sweet 16.

Reactions: beamerman
Maybe Barnes caught lightning in a bottle with Bone, Admiral, and Williams. Maybe he is just average. Reminds me a lot of Jones with Dobbs, Kamara, etc. Just average in most seasons. Talent was supposedly there in both cases but results don’t show up.
Except Barnes brought in and won with great players for years at Texas too so comparing him to Butch Jones is absurd.

Barnes too critical of players and not of self. Benching 19-20 year olds cuts their hearts out and hes probably lost some guys mentally.
Oh Boy Cutting the hearts out....Really think it is a case of Offensive Fit for the players on the floor and a total lack of Adjustments. If what you got is not working then you have to change it...Barnes has made no adjustments. Fulk and Pons may have underlying issues, but you can't send them into the lane and it appears the other three players on the floor are just watching...Waiting on a Change...

I'm beginning to think Barnes couldn't beat Pearl if his life depended on it.
Not until we start getting quicker. Even when we had Bones at point Auburn still had a quicker PG and Okeke absolutely abused our post players like it wasn’t even a fair matchup. This traditional center stuff isn’t what works these days. Most teams run 4 guards and 1 forward or 3 and 2.

No point guard, no post presence, a dinosaur era offense and a bench consisting of at least 5-6 wasted scholarship. This team is beaten down mentally and at this point I think one more win is about all we will see. It’s sad.
This is 💯. They also have a tendency to get away from what’s working in game. Springer and Johnson we’re driving to basket with amazing success to start the second half. Fulky was using their movement to get open or put shots back. Then amazingly, we stop and start shooting 3’s with reckless abandon. We’re trying to win without a point guard or true big. Basically a team with nothing but 2’s and 3’s. The 4’s we have don’t posses an offensive game.

Why don’t we ever press and play transition? We are amazingly athletic but play nothing but 1/2 court offense and defense. This team is built to run!

How do you explain Barnes going to the ncaa tournament 16 outta 17 seasons at Texas. He’s a good coach, and we will be in the dance come March. Maybe they get hot and make a run, maybe not, but it sure beats not dancing at all.

He is a “good coach” but making the tournament is like making a bowl game. And he got fired for making the tourney, but falling short Of final 4 in the 15 outta 16 times. Had 3 NBA players at Tenn and failed to make it. I really like Barnes, want him to succeed, and will say he is good, but good doesn’t get paid $5M a season.

Reactions: BillVol7 and Tnphil
Lack of leadership and no Alphas on this team. Upperclassmen don't provide any consistency and the program has too many cheerleaders on scholarship. Need to look for productive posts with legitimate size in the grad transfer market and subsequent recruiting classes. Teams needs a true point guard and more imaginative offense.

VN Store

Back