Complete utter disgrace

I told someone on here a few weeks ago that we would lucky to be a 9 seed. Looks like I’m right. Vols are not a team. They don’t like each other.

I wonder if they are standing around waiting on Johnson or Springer to make a play. This standing around has spilled over into all parts of their game. We were much better at the first of the year when the entire team was contributing.

Inconsistent team.

Fulky not his normal self, SV isn’t a true pg (Needs to be moved to the wing), rebounding is suspect.

This team is good enough to make a deep tournament run.

Just need to find their identity.
IMO, the key is Fulkerson. I don't think he's jealous of the freshmen. That leaves the covid issue. If that's the problem, it's anyone's guess as to when he'll get his wind/endurance back. Likely not happening this year given how little time is left on the clock. Just typical UT bad luck. You almost have to laugh at it. Two first round picks and the one and only post player we have goes down with the china virus. Same thing on the football side. Best in-state qb prospect in years and we lay waste to the program and he ends up at Bama. Just no end to the ways we can find to screw ourselves.

I wonder if they are standing around waiting on Johnson or Springer to make a play. This standing around has spilled over into all parts of their game. We were much better at the first of the year when the entire team was contributing.
That's just it. Pons has lingering knee issues. Fulky...who knows what his problem is. Vescovi seems to have lost his mojo. Bailey runs hot and cold. At this point, I have no expectations in either the SECT or NCAAT. I'll try to enjoy Springer and KJ while we have 'em. Next year we start over again.

Inconsistent team.

Fulky not his normal self, SV isn’t a true pg (Needs to be moved to the wing), rebounding is suspect.

This team is good enough to make a deep tournament run.

Just need to find their identity.
They are closer to being a team that has given up and plays with no fire than they are a tournament challenger.

Fulky is not right with him . He looks alot weaker.. gets pushed around .. we have NO inside game at all .. Auburn puts in on glass and says go get it .. we get one shot .. no offensive rebounds.. we are small team when you consider our tall starter is a bean pole ..fulky is a great kid .. admire him trying but something wrong with him .. and has Barnes ever blamed himself??? Come on coach .. take some if the heat off the kids .. all they hear is your criticism ..

IMO, the key is Fulkerson. I don't think he's jealous of the freshmen. That leaves the covid issue. If that's the problem, it's anyone's guess as to when he'll get his wind/endurance back. Likely not happening this year given how little time is left on the clock. Just typical UT bad luck. You almost have to laugh at it. Two first round picks and the one and only post player we have goes down with the china virus. Same thing on the football side. Best in-state qb prospect in years and we lay waste to the program and he ends up at Bama. Just no end to the ways we can find to screw ourselves.
I’ve heard stories of people who were fitness junkies that got Covid and now get winded just walking up stairs. I have a second cousin who got it, went on a ventilator for three weeks and came close to dying at one point. She’s out of the hospital now but still suffers from lingering effects of it. I personally have heard of people who couldn’t taste or smell anything for months after they got it. While most people seem to get over it and get back to normal life pretty quickly, lingering effects in some people aren’t unheard of, even young people who were otherwise healthy. We may never know for sure but I’d bet dollars to donuts Fulky had it and it’s affected his game this year. He definitely lost weight from something this offseason and that’s not what he needed.

I don’t see a deep run in either the SEC or the NCAA tournaments. Maximum 2 wins in either, but very possibly one and done. Too fragile.......
Are you serious. 2 wins in NCAA tourney. Do they even deserve to be in the tourney. No way in he... that this team comes close to winning 2 games in either SEC or NCAA tourney.

Vescovi is capable of open shots. But why is he a 1 player. And What else can he do other than shoot an open shot?

Tell me guys, what is wrong with this team? They continue to bumble and stumble, losing to mediocre **** teams it’s maddening. At times I just don’t think they care. Too much talent on this team to be this bad🥲

I don’t think it’s rocket surgery...zero post production and a pair of freshman guards, who are mostly great, but forced to be the team‘s leaders—and they don’t have the experience to have that responsibility placed on their shoulders. The ENERGY LEVEL of this team was quite good early-on but is now “running on empty”. What I thought at the season’s beginning was going to be a 3 or 4 deep bench...just isn’t. I‘m sure they’re fine kids, but lots of scholarships being used by boys ridin’ the lumber who are not SEC level talent.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Remember Ben Simmons @ LSU a One & Done guy. They won early & folded. I think this team is showing that same One & Done syndrome. Why should us upper classmen try hard for this Fr to get his big $ after the season? I hate it but it explains a whole lot

It’s easy to doom & gloom right now.

However, the NCAA Tournament is completely different from the regular season.

Hell, some of the best teams never win the whole thing.

It’s all about seating and getting those favorable match ups.
We'll get put out first round. In fact, I'm gonna bet on it.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Maybe Barnes caught lightning in a bottle with Bone, Admiral, and Williams. Maybe he is just average. Reminds me a lot of Jones with Dobbs, Kamara, etc. Just average in most seasons. Talent was supposedly there in both cases but results don’t show up.

Are you serious. 2 wins in NCAA tourney. Do they even deserve to be in the tourney. No way in he... that this team comes close to winning 2 games in either SEC or NCAA tourney.
If they shoot well they can beat anyone in the country. If the offense becomes stagnant they can lose to anyone at any given time. As for two wins in the ncaa tournament, stranger things have happened. Cuonzo’s last team was a couple points away from the elite 8 in his last season at ut. They struggled to score at times also, but clicked and got hot at the right time. Who is to say, maybe this team can too.

Maybe Barnes caught lightning in a bottle with Bone, Admiral, and Williams. Maybe he is just average. Reminds me a lot of Jones with Dobbs, Kamara, etc. Just average in most seasons. Talent was supposedly there in both cases but results don’t show up.
How do you explain Barnes going to the ncaa tournament 16 outta 17 seasons at Texas. He’s a good coach, and we will be in the dance come March. Maybe they get hot and make a run, maybe not, but it sure beats not dancing at all.

If they shoot well they can beat anyone in the country. If the offense becomes stagnant they can lose to anyone at any given time. As for two wins in the ncaa tournament, stranger things have happened. Cuonzo’s last team was a couple points away from the elite 8 in his last season at ut. They struggled to score at times also, but clicked and got hot at the right time. Who is to say, maybe this team can too.
Fair points. And I like your optimism. The big question is if they shoot well. Seems to rarely happen. But who knows. I sure hope so. Maybe they do shoot well in the tourney, and they do catch lightening in a bottle.

Reactions: jarnol32
Its doubtful this team wins another game this year. How insane that this team was ranked 6th in the country at one point. They aren't even top 50. I've heard talk of this "Barnes Wall." Appears they've hit it head on.... AGAIN. This team wouldn't make it to the OVC finals.

Its doubtful this team wins another game this year. How insane that this team was ranked 6th in the country at one point. They aren't even top 50. I've heard talk of this "Barnes Wall." Appears they've hit it head on.... AGAIN. This team wouldn't make it to the OVC finals.
We were overrated plain and simple.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Fulky is not right with him . He looks alot weaker.. gets pushed around .. we have NO inside game at all .. Auburn puts in on glass and says go get it .. we get one shot .. no offensive rebounds.. we are small team when you consider our tal-starter is a bean pole ..fulky is a great kid .. admire him trying but something wrong with him .. and has Barnes ever blamed himself??? Come on coach .. take some if the heat off the kids .. all they hear is your criticism ..

Barnes too critical of players and not of self. Benching 19-20 year olds cuts their hearts out and hes probably lost some guys mentally.

That's just it. Pons has lingering knee issues. Fulky...who knows what his problem is. Vescovi seems to have lost his mojo. Bailey runs hot and cold. At this point, I have no expectations in either the SECT or NCAAT. I'll try to enjoy Springer and KJ while we have 'em. Next year we start over again.
No, no. Next year is the FF team :rolleyes:

Retirement may be sooner rather than later for Coach Barnes. I just don't think he's hungry anymore and I wont be surprised if he announces his retirement after the season if Tennessee totally crashes and burns.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back