Complete Disrespect vs USU

If our team needs to spend time lurking through USU articles for motivation then we're in trouble.

/thread.

Better yet, I can't believe we're having a conversation about "winnable games" when mentioning Tennessee and Utah State in the same sentence. For someone who was in Sun Devil Stadium when the Vols won the national championship -- along with countless other classics -- this is tough to take.

Many of our 2 deep are less than 6 months in the system.

Many of our 2 deep are either in Year 2 or went through Spring practice as EEs. We're a young team, but it's not like our 2 deep is comprised of chumps that showed up to training camp.

Reactions: 1 person
In the last 5 years, what respect have we demanded? You're all acting like we have a team full of All Americans. I hope the team and staff aren't taking USU as lightly as some of you armchair QBs are.

I think that a couple of good hits on Chuckie and he will start slowing down worrying about his knee. If everyone recalls, we knocked a lot of players out of games last year Marshal(UGA), Connor Shaw(USC) and Driskel(FL)....Big picture says BEWARE Chuckie!

Gotta catch him first. We're still a very below average SEC defense in terms of speed. If we can indeed catch him and pop him a couple times I agree that it will affect his poise coming off that ACL injury.

In the last 5 years, what respect have we demanded? You're all acting like we have a team full of All Americans. I hope the team and staff aren't taking USU as lightly as some of you armchair QBs are.

and many are pumping USU to be much better than they really are. goes both ways.

Reactions: 2 people

They aren't. They're smart

UT is going into this game with a defense with very few proven, productive players, less than SEC level speed, and a lot of inexperience and very little depth. USU has a veteran, proven QB who is very mobile and they are a program that expects to win. UT should win but this should be a tough game.

Consider for a second how you think the Ole Miss -- Boise State game will go this weekend. Boise State finished 2nd in their division behind USU. The Aggies are a good team and it will take a very good effort from the Vols to get the win. 60 minute game on Sunday.

It isn't the truth unless Jones is truly not worth a dime as a coach. If UT continues to be a disaster into this season... it isn't anyone else's fault.

And that is your entire purpose for building this game up to be a complete mismatch when nothing could be further from the truth.

Good luck with that. iF it comes to pass, you can be the first to officially call for Butch Jones' dismissal. Do you think they should fire him at halftime if the game is still close at that point?

I know we are a little faster on Defense, but mobile quarterbacks usually spell trouble for Tennessee. Contain Keeton and we win.

UT is going into this game with a defense with very few proven, productive players, less than SEC level speed, and a lot of inexperience and very little depth.
Says who? UT is "deeper" with quality talent than USU is or ever has been.
USU has a veteran, proven QB who is very mobile and they are a program that expects to win.
They've beaten up on lesser competition. They replace more starters than UT out of a much weaker talent pool.

UT should win but this should be a tough game. Consider for a second how you think the Ole Miss -- Boise State game will go this weekend. Boise State finished 2nd in their division behind USU. The Aggies are a good team and it will take a very good effort from the Vols to get the win. 60 minute game on Sunday.
UT should win this game by 17+ pts based only on talent. USU's losses to their depth chart were at least as significant and probably more so than UT's.

THIS... is a test of how good of a coach UT has.

Reactions: 4 people
I know we are a little faster on Defense, but mobile quarterbacks usually spell trouble for Tennessee. Contain Keeton and we win.

UT probably plays nickel for most of the game. Most of the time, UT will have 5-7 players on the field that are as fast or faster than Keeton.

I hope you are right so I don't have to hear you whining about the coaching staff for the next 24 months. Also, I'd like to see UT beat a quality team by 3 TDs or so.

some of you are really sensitive.

The opponent thinks they can beat a team that hasn't been to a bowl game since 2010.

Is that really crazy?

I think Tennessee will win. I think Tennessee will win fairly comfortably. But, to be offended because another team thinks they can win the game is a little silly.

Reactions: 4 people
I hope CBJ is running Dobbs on scout and working with DL on keeping him in the pocket. Can't let their guy get outside and create plays. It's a tough decision for a DB to have to decide whether to go for the QB or stay with your man. IF we contain Keeton we win going away. If he gets to freelance then there will be some anxiety in the 4th quarter.

VN Store

Back