Commodity shortages

Just got an update from Kenworth on potential build dates for new chassis we have ordered. 1 ordered March 2021 expected build date 11/8/22, 2 ordered June 2021 expected build date 12/5/2022 1 ordered December 2021 build date unknown. The 2 we have on order from Freightliner that were ordered in August 2021 are YTBD.

It's beyond ridiculous now.

Just got an update from Kenworth on potential build dates for new chassis we have ordered. 1 ordered March 2021 expected build date 11/8/22, 2 ordered June 2021 expected build date 12/5/2022 1 ordered December 2021 build date unknown. The 2 we have on order from Freightliner that were ordered in August 2021 are YTBD.

It's beyond ridiculous now.
Big trouble

My company is having trouble getting PLC's and HMI's from Omron. It's just pure luck if we get what we need to complete an order.

Friend of mine ordered an F350 work truck from the local Ford dealership. 6 month wait for it.

My company is having trouble getting PLC's and HMI's from Omron. It's just pure luck if we get what we need to complete an order.

Friend of mine ordered an F350 work truck from the local Ford dealership. 6 month wait for it.

Ford isn't even accepting orders on Superduty's until October right now.

Meh, I'm not so sure I can buy that $9000 number, but oh well.

Cost Of Insulin Driving 80% Of Diabetic Americans Into Debt: Survey | ZeroHedge

The survey, conducted by CharityRX, found that 79% of respondents said insulin costs had created financial difficulty for them personally, or for those in their care - both with and without health insurance, The Hill reports. 80% of those surveyed said they had to take on credit card debt to afford the drug.

What's more, on average, diabetic Americans take on $9,000 of debt to cover these costs.

Power Companies Face Transformer Shortage Ahead Of Hurricanes And Wildfires | ZeroHedge

Utilities across the country are getting dangerously low on overhead distribution transformers. Supply is lacking, and the shortfall could take two years to correct.

"If we have successive days of 100-degree-heat, those pole-top transformers, they start popping like Rice Krispies, and we would not have the supply stack to replace them," Izzo said.
If wild weather from coast to coast wreaks havoc on power grids in the coming months, some utilities might find replacing transformers impossible because of limited supplies.

poles.jpg

I can't find regular Country Time lemonade anymore. I used to be able to buy the big canisters for $8-9, now they're only on Amazon for $25-30.

I also noticed that the Viennie Wienies went from 5oz cans to 4.6, while also increasing in price. And bologna that was consistently $2-2.50 is now $4+. For bologna.

You should see the fields in W. KY that are left fallow this year due to fuel and fertilizer costs. It's getting ready to be bad bad bad.

Reactions: hog88
I can't find regular Country Time lemonade anymore. I used to be able to buy the big canisters for $8-9, now they're only on Amazon for $25-30.

I also noticed that the Viennie Wienies went from 5oz cans to 4.6, while also increasing in price. And bologna that was consistently $2-2.50 is now $4+. For bologna.
Its funny you mention this. My sister and I were out and about shopping two weeks ago and she was complaining about not being able to find it anywhere.

You should see the fields in W. KY that are left fallow this year due to fuel and fertilizer costs. It's getting ready to be bad bad bad.
The only reason the drought here in WTN isn’t hurting so bad is because almost every field has a pivot installed.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
This is Paul Krugman level dumb...

Your Old Fridge Is Vladimir Putin’s Friend. Dump It!

Negative oil prices were one of the craziest moments ever in the energy market. At one point in April 2020, a seller paid a buyer $40 for a barrel of West Texas Intermediate. We’re going to need another crazy moment if Europe is going to make it through the winter. How about this: Pay consumers not to consume electricity.

But what I hear out of Brussels is an extreme form: Paying some companies to slow down their plants significantly, or even halt them, so they don’t consume electricity, and therefore help to keep the lights on for everyone else.

A cash-for-clunkers program for air conditioning and other household appliances will not only reduce energy demand, but also support the retail industry and some European manufacturers. It won’t be cheap. But neither are blackouts. And it achieves many policy objectives at a time many families are tightening their belts and the economy is slowing down.

VN Store

Back