Commodity shortages

True, but they have also been locked down off and on the past 2 years.

And it must be some ingredient or input that is needed for the cement that comes mostly from China. I don't know, I'm not a civil engineer or anything.
Alumina, Silica, lime and gypsum.... got all of them right here in the USofA. It's nasty work that involves a lot of heat and loud hammering....I'd guess the shortage is of workers willing to do the job, after they got laid off for CoVid and founds a job at Walmart in the dry, and air conditioned, they decided not to go back.

Alumina, Silica, lime and gypsum.... got all of them right here in the USofA. It's nasty work that involves a lot of heat and loud hammering....I'd guess the shortage is of workers willing to do the job, after they got laid off for CoVid and founds a job at Walmart in the dry, and air conditioned, they decided not to go back.
Or maybe that is why that news story brought up the global warming angle... maybe we have environmental hurdles that is limiting us from mining or extracting these inputs?

Reactions: AM64 and Wireless1
Maybe one day when I grow up I'll be able to plop down that much cash for one of your widgets.
We sold a used one that was over here on the river (2020 19×80) to a guy that owns car dealerships in Oklahoma for $50K over what the original purchase price was 3 years ago. In addition the move cost over $60K. Cash buyer. Was listed for 24hrs.

We sold a used one that was over here on the river (2020 19×80) to a guy that owns car dealerships in Oklahoma for $50K over what the original purchase price was 3 years ago. In addition the move cost over $60K. Cash buyer. Was listed for 24hrs.

I'm just going to have to learn how to be a drug dealer. Or break my cheap ass nature, one of the two.

VN Store

Back