Coming after Vitello

Just a sample of the posts:
Over/under when he retires again?
He's a year younger than Paul, gonna be a hard sell for recruits, how long would he coach? 5 years?
Fuuuuuuuck that pedo supporting old shite stain. He gets hired we riot.
He's 62. Mainieri is 63. Hell no
He’s 62. Not real excited about long term.
Please say sike...
No way. I mean, just no f'n way.
Also with our Title IX rape stuff, ummm, this might not be the best plan
Smokescreen engaged
Woody likes the big name hires
Change one guy retiring for health problems for another guy retirED for health problems. Brilliant strategy, Woody.
Hard pass. Old, pedophile supporter, and anybody that old that retires for "health reasons" needs to get passed over.
There’s so much wrong with it. It’s basically trading places and this guy has recent baggage.
Yes let’s hire someone who hasn’t coached in 3 years and then have him for 5-6 years and have to hire someone all over again. Makes perfect sense
I have a serious issue with him supporting the Pedo pitcher
I hope this is a smoke screen, I’d prefer Ron Polk
So far LSU fans on Twitter don't like it...might be bargaining angle with O'Sullivan

You mean people aren’t lining up to take a job that puts you out to pasture for only making it to Omaha every 3 years over a decade and a half? Or when your recruiting falls off to the 2nd and 4th ranked classes in back to back years?

LOL. And he's currently in the Supers.

Had a rough start in a covid year and bounced back to the supers. LOL

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I understand, and agree with what you're saying. I hope I didn't come across as making fun of other schools, given our own history. If so, it certainly was not intentional.

You didn’t. I am just trying to head it off at the pass, so to speak.

Reactions: TN_gal
You mean people aren’t lining up to take a job that puts you out to pasture for only making it to Omaha every 3 years over a decade and a half? Or when your recruiting falls off to the 2nd and 4th ranked classes in back to back years?

Skip Bertman set the bar sky high for the LSU program. It's hard to follow in his footsteps.

Skip wouldn't have the success that Skip had in today's SEC.
'
For sure.

In a similar vein, I think that's one of the reasons why we are seeing longtime coaches Roy Williams and Coach K retiring from college basketball. Times are rapidly changing in college basketball and for collegiate sports overall (NIL, transfer portal, etc.).

That’s obvious. A&M clearly wanted JS over TV and who could blame them

This. A&M had Tadlock and Schlossnagle as 1A and 1B, Godwin as their 2nd choice, and Vitello as #3. That’s no slight to TV. They simply wanted someone who had been to Omaha multiple times. TV has a bright future, and will do great things at UT.

This. A&M had Tadlock and Schlossnagle as 1A and 1B, Godwin as their 2nd choice, and Vitello as #3. That’s no slight to TV. They simply wanted someone who had been to Omaha multiple times. TV has a bright future, and will do great things at UT.

Schlossnagle is going to wish he had stayed at TCU.

Schlossnagle is going to wish he had stayed at TCU.

Perhaps. But, A&M has deep pockets, and is going to give him a blank check to sign whichever assistants he wants and they are planning upgrades to Bluebell Park. I think he’ll do fine - and much better than their previous coach did. He took TCU to Omaha 5 times without all the resources he’ll have at A&M.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Same advantages as VU right? At TCU?

Yes. Been a while since I looked at it but when my daughter was looking at going there, it was pretty strong if you have good academics.

Perhaps. But, A&M has deep pockets, and is going to give him a blank check to sign whichever assistants he wants and they are planning upgrades to Bluebell Park. I think he’ll do fine - and much better than their previous coach did. He took TCU to Omaha 5 times without all the resources he’ll have at A&M.

No question he'll have support and resources.

Reactions: vol66
Yes. Been a while since I looked at it but when my daughter was looking at going there, it was pretty strong if you have good academics.

But that’s not the same as vandy at least in the context 66 was talking about

Spent a lot of time studying Tiger Rants "realistic coaching names" thread and the consensus seems to be 1. Godwin 2. Bianco 3. Casey. With a LOT of concern that Casey is getting the offer.

As far as CTV is concerned - only a handful like him as a candidate. PM may have Schiano'd up the fanbase against Tony after the April series to the point that he's not viable at this time. Along with his "slim" resume. And that obviously bodes well for us.

99% sure that isn’t the case

But they are a private school right? So, what am I missing... I do recall Schloss participating in either an article or video about need based aid several years ago, it was perplexing.

But they are a private school right? So, what am I missing... I do recall Schloss participating in either an article or video about need based aid several years ago, it was perplexing.

yea they are but they still have to follow the ncaa rules that means $ has to be across the board to all students not just athletes. I’m sure they have nice academic scholarships but that’s very different than meeting the full financial needs of all students

But that’s not the same as vandy at least in the context 66 was talking about

Like I said, it’s been a while. There was certainly some need based stuff but I didn’t qualify for anything but full tuition so I didn’t look closely.

VN Store

Back