Colorado school shooting leaves 'multiple' victims, at least 2 in custody, sheriff's office says

So, you would prefer to attack me instead of what I said?

How uncouth.

Persons with anger traits who had access to guns at home were more likely to be male, younger, married, and to live in outlying areas around metropolitan centers rather than in central cities. Persons with anger traits who carried guns were significantly more likely to meet diagnostic criteria for a wide range of mental disorders, including depression, bipolar and anxiety disorders, PTSD, intermittent explosive disorder, pathological gambling, eating disorder, alcohol and illicit drug use disorders, and a range of personality disorders. Results from multivariable analyses of both the number and type of disorders showed a significant association between the anger/gun-carry index and having multiple internalizing, externalizing, and personality disorders, controlling for demographic characteristics. However, schizophrenia (nonaffective psychosis) and bipolar disorder did not show net significant associations with anger/carry, possibly due to their rarity. Very few of persons in the risky category of having anger traits combined with gun access had ever been hospitalized for a mental health problem.

Use it in full context nextime and you might gain the understanding you seek. I would also like to know what you refute about the conclusion?

Guns, anger, and mental disorders: Results from the National Comorbidity Survey Replication (NCS-R)

This nationally representative survey found that a large number of individuals in the United States have a combination of pathological anger traits and access to firearms. An estimated 10,455 per 100,000 population have guns at home in conjunction with anger traits, while an estimated 1,627 per 100,000 carry guns and have anger traits. The study also found a significant three-way association among owning multiple guns, carrying a gun, and having pathological anger traits. People owning 6 or more guns were about 4 times as likely to be in the high-risk anger/carry group as those owning only 1 gun (about 8% vs. 2% prevalence.)

Persons with anger traits who had access to guns at home were more likely to be male, younger, married, and to live in outlying areas around metropolitan centers rather than in central cities. Persons with anger traits who carried guns were significantly more likely to meet diagnostic criteria for a wide range of mental disorders, including depression, bipolar and anxiety disorders, PTSD, intermittent explosive disorder, pathological gambling, eating disorder, alcohol and illicit drug use disorders, and a range of personality disorders. Results from multivariable analyses of both the number and type of disorders showed a significant association between the anger/gun-carry index and having multiple internalizing, externalizing, and personality disorders, controlling for demographic characteristics. However, schizophrenia (nonaffective psychosis) and bipolar disorder did not show net significant associations with anger/carry, possibly due to their rarity. Very few of persons in the risky category of having anger traits combined with gun access had ever been hospitalized for a mental health problem.
You mean like your boy James T. Hodgkinson ?

Guns, anger, and mental disorders: Results from the National Comorbidity Survey Replication (NCS-R)

This nationally representative survey found that a large number of individuals in the United States have a combination of pathological anger traits and access to firearms. An estimated 10,455 per 100,000 population have guns at home in conjunction with anger traits, while an estimated 1,627 per 100,000 carry guns and have anger traits. The study also found a significant three-way association among owning multiple guns, carrying a gun, and having pathological anger traits. People owning 6 or more guns were about 4 times as likely to be in the high-risk anger/carry group as those owning only 1 gun (about 8% vs. 2% prevalence.)

Same can be said of bumper stickers.

Use it in full context nextime and you might gain the understanding you seek. I would also like to know what you refute about the conclusion?

Are such "disorders" enumerated in the report?

I like specifics.

Are such "disorders" enumerated in the report?

I like specifics.
the personality disorders that did not show a significant association between the anger/gun-carry index are schizophrenia (nonaffective psychosis) and bipolar disorder.

I haven't read through the whole thread but I'm assuming it followed a pretty familiar progression. I do want to comment on this idea that we have "experts" or "professionals" rule on these things. There are people out there in the legal, social and political realm that have less knowledge of firearms than many here can leave in a urine sample but that doesn't stop them doing what they do. Notable examples that popped into my head.

Legal
Mark Witaschek was found guilty in DC of possessing illegal "ammunition" for possession of muzzleloading bullets. As in naked projectiles with sabots with no casing/powder/primers or anything else that makes up the definition of ammunition. The judges reasoning? “I’m persuaded these are bullets. They look like bullets. They are hollow point. They are not musket balls.” This qualified them as illegal ammunition.

Social
The pure hilarity that was Gersh Kuntzman's PTSD experience in firing an AR-15.

Political
The bewildering WTF? of Kevin de Leon's gun testimony.

There are people out there out there that it would be kind to call rampaging ignoramuses regarding firearms that can put themselves into position to be considered knowledgeable and influential. Nothing short of savage distrust should be the bar to assign who gets to decide who is "worthy" of practicing an enumerated right.

Reactions: McDad
the personality disorders that did not show a significant association between the anger/gun-carry index are schizophrenia (nonaffective psychosis) and bipolar disorder.

So, which ones do?

So, which ones do?

The rest of them, hence your problem with "a range of personality disorders". I don't want to anger you because I think you are above the 6 gun threshold. Have you had a mental health checkup lately? Lol.

The rest of them, hence your problem with "a range of personality disorders". I don't want to anger you because I think you are above the 6 gun threshold. Have you had a mental health checkup lately? Lol.

I'm a retired military cop that swapped one high stress job for another. I'm sure I'd be diagnosed with all sorts of "personality disorders."

Still haven't shot anyone, so that's helpful.

Reactions: tennvols77
I'm a retired military cop that swapped one high stress job for another. I'm sure I'd be diagnosed with all sorts of "personality disorders."

Still haven't shot anyone, so that's helpful.

Sorry to say being an _______ does not qualify as a personality disorder. You'll be fine unless you have any other personality disorders.

This is for you.
Delusions of grandeur: Types and symptoms

I know a guy, like a brother to me for 27 years now actually, that used a stolen credit card with 3 buddies to go buy a bunch of video games at the mall when he was 16. He got convicted at 17 yo, and then sometime before he turned 21 got a citation for drinking under age, or simple posession of a little weed...dont remember...but it kept him from being able to get the felony exponged from his record. That was 25 years ago, and to this day he isnt allowed to own or posess a firearm. Never been in any trouble since, is married with 2 kids, and owns a multimillion dollar construction company.

He has an arsenal of firearms, but every time he goes out to his land to shoot with me, he risks 5 years mandatory in federal prison for EACH firearm in his truck...he is scared shitless, as he should be. Cant legally carry to protect his considerable assets or kids...if a burglar breaks into his rich mans house, and he shoots them, he is going to prison automatically regardless of castle doctrine ot threat to his or kids lives. Given the opportunity, he would have a concealed permit and carry every day...he often has large sums of money on him to pay for things out of pocket.

I would trust him to sleep in a tent with my wife or 10 year old daughter if i was out of town. I have and would trust him with my life.

Yall here think all felons shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm??? Because of a mistake they made as a 16yo kid , 26 years ago? There are others like him. He isnt the only guy i grew up with that was convicted of a felony as a teen, but gone on to live a good life despite the fact that he could never land a white collar job with his record.

If you guys think he shouldnt have a firearm, i very much disagree. I would bet he is as good a man as anyone here, and being 42 and worth several million, having never gone to college, is probably more successful than nearly everyone here also. Thoughts???
Sounds like your friend's wife and adult children own lots of weapons. I hope they never have to use them to defend themselves or their father.

Was the shooter messed up in the head or just your standard girl transitioning to a boy?
Bad thing is that these shootings are becoming so normal that they are just another blip during headlines. All I heard on NPR this morning is that the shooters appeared in court this afternoon for arraignment. They did mention that the student that died saved his classmates, and was supposed to graduate this weekend.

VN Store

Back