Collin Hill will be starting QB for South Carolina vs Vols

A little off topic but are there any significant players that will not be playing against SCAR?
Wanya Morris OL is speculated to miss at least the first game since he has missed so much with contract tracing. He's practicing now, per Pruitt, so who knows, maybe he will be ready in time..

Well, he is getting paid 800,000 a year to coach football so I would say you are correct.

And Butch Jones is making 4-5 times that amount NOT to coach football, so I am sure that compensation dictates competence - especially in the economics of college football coaches salaries.

LMAO

Wanya Morris OL is speculated to miss at least the first game since he has missed so much with contract tracing. He's practicing now, per Pruitt, so who knows, maybe he will be ready in time..
If he's eligible he's going to play, regardless of if he only has 1 practice. He's our 2nd best guy, plays a vital position and is our best run blocking tandem being Trey and he. Pruitt is a big boy coach, plays his best guys no matter what and Wanya is definitely one of our top5 guys on the team I feel.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Different scenario, apples to oranges.

Actually, no. Same profession, same school. Disproves the point that pay determines competence, or vice versa.

Let me be clear then. NOTHING I have seen about Will Friend indicates he is a OL coach that should be making $800,000 per year. That is a symptom of a completely artificial economy which COVID has exposed. Friend, like most college coaches, is no different than most HS coaches except they made contacts which got them on this ridiculous gravy train.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Actually, no. Same profession, same school. Disproves the point that pay determines competence, or vice versa.

Let me be clear then. NOTHING I have seen about Will Friend indicates he is a OL coach that should be making $800,000 per year. That is a symptom of a completely artificial economy which COVID has exposed. Friend, like most college coaches, is no different than most HS coaches except they made contacts which got them on this ridiculous gravy train.
The whole coaching profession at any level usually gets their positions through networking and previous working relationships.
Have you observed Friend’s coaching up close and personal? Do you see how the players respond to him? Have you sat with him and picked his brain about his philosophy in coaching and the X’s and O’s and practice techniques to prepare the athletes to perform at a higher level? Admit it, you do not know anything about Friend’s ability in coaching. You have taken a position that a you do not like him as a coach and go in this board to disparage him With nothing to back it up with. No one cares if you think he is not worth 800k a year. Pruitt and Fuller apparently think he is. Their opinion matters , your opinion doesn’t. For the record I do not know if Friend is a good coach or not because I do not know him and have not watched him work.

The whole coaching profession at any level usually gets their positions through networking and previous working relationships.
Have you observed Friend’s coaching up close and personal? Do you see how the players respond to him? Have you sat with him and picked his brain about his philosophy in coaching and the X’s and O’s and practice techniques to prepare the athletes to perform at a higher level? Admit it, you do not know anything about Friend’s ability in coaching. You have taken a position that a you do not like him as a coach and go in this board to disparage him With nothing to back it up with. No one cares if you think he is not worth 800k a year. Pruitt and Fuller apparently think he is. Their opinion matters , your opinion doesn’t. For the record I do not know if Friend is a good coach or not because I do not know him and have not watched him work.

Wow, someone is a bit triggered.

Ok, Karen. I’ll leave your hero alone. 😎😎😎

Yeah if the OL regresses with the talent we have it will be a reflection on Friend and/or Pruitt.
I'd agree if they were able to practice in all practices.. That wasn't the case with some being quarantined.. It wouldn't surprise me to see some having to sit out with this contact tracing thing..

VN Store

Back