Collin Hill will be starting QB for South Carolina vs Vols

FBtime

Former Colorado State QB beats out Hillsinki...kinda surprising. Pretty underwhelming stats but I guess he is most familiar with Bobo's offense.

Collin Hill - Football - Colorado State University Athletics

Bonus...SC fans don't seem hyped about this decision or their talent level

I don't see what roster you're looking at that should give you the idea that the "talent is now here." We are starting a middling MWC transfer at QB and are going to be relying on an NCAA waiver so a D2 transfer can be our #2 receiver. Our starting TE is a transfer from William & Mary. We were going to be relying on a true freshman RB to even have decent talent at that position, but he got hurt and so we'll be relying on a Juco transfer who couldn't cut it at either LB or RB for FSU.

Sure, there's some talent on defense, but it's not elite. This is the least talented offense I've seen since 2015, but at least that team had Pharoh Cooper.

Winningest coach after three years is such a useless stat when the coach is one game above .500 the very next year. Such an arbitrary line to draw to just try and find something to positive to point at.

Last edited:
Not like Hilinski was any good last year. Was actually a bit surprised Doty couldn't come in and steal it. Obviously in the same situation as HB though. He looked really solid at the E11 though.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Of course the curse of the Vols strikes and the guy looks like a Heisman candidate...

Seriously though, I think the South Carolina offense is a train wreck for sure. Don't see any real stand out talent at any position and with a new OC and new philosophy, they'll struggle this year.

I firmly believe that Alontae, Thompson and Shamburger can be the best DB trio in the conference, if so then I believe we'll dominate a young QB and young offensive grouping like USCjrs, if we don't then it could mean another slow start to the year. I think this is the coming out party for TN football with a decisive dominant performance similar to some of Alabama's 31-10 type games.

While he has been hurt and only played 18 games in 3 year...5 of those he had less then 10 att....in the remaing 13 games he has thrown for 250 plus yard....concerning but i like our defense and DBs!!!!

A little off topic but are there any significant players that will not be playing against SCAR?

Reactions: Vol_0311 and FBtime
I firmly believe that Alontae, Thompson and Shamburger can be the best DB trio in the conference, if so then I believe we'll dominate a young QB and young offensive grouping like USCjrs, if we don't then it could mean another slow start to the year. I think this is the coming out party for TN football with a decisive dominant performance similar to some of Alabama's 31-10 type games.
This “young QB” is a fifth year senior lol

What an awesome start that would be. Not gonna get my hopes up though, can’t do what happened last year.

Mobile guys scare me the most and rightfully so....Hill is DEFINATLEY not a mobile guy or at least any more after his horrible ACL history. We should be able to get pressure on him often which will be good.

Reactions: PA Vol and 1vol8
Mobile guys scare me the most and rightfully so....Hill is DEFINATLEY not a mobile guy or at least any more after his horrible ACL history. We should be able to get pressure on him often which will be good.
Exactly...mobile QB are so difficult to plan for...even as a freshman they are more likely to have a better freshman season then a true pocket passer......

Reactions: 1vol8

VN Store

Back