Collin Hill will be starting QB for South Carolina vs Vols

That should make a difference, I'm not sure how much if they are void of playmakers on the offensive side. Good point, I still think our defense controls and maybe even dominates their passing offense .
SC sucks, we “shouldn’t” have any problem...I live in Gamecock land and have to listen to how they’re going to surprise some people this year...they legit thought Hilinski was the guy until today lol

My BVS side tells me that after next Saturday, Collin Hill will pop up on several Heisman watch lists. Well, unless some Michigan DB has a halfway good game, then, of course, the DB should win it.

#BVSisreal
#stillverybitteraboutheismanfiasco

Doesn’t matter who their QB is, we’re winning this game.

Weren't you kinda tee'ing up the excuses in the other thread? I do agree that absent us having a significant portion of our 2 deep not dress due to COVID, we should start 2-0. USCe has their own issues, new QB, new OC, and they got curbstomped by us last year. We lose this game if we have a lot of starters miss due to COVID or we completely crap the bed in W1 again.

Weren't you kinda tee'ing up the excuses in the other thread? I do agree that absent us having a significant portion of our 2 deep not dress due to COVID, we should start 2-0. USCe has their own issues, new QB, new OC, and they got curbstomped by us last year. We lose this game if we have a lot of starters miss due to COVID or we completely crap the bed in W1 again.

South Carolina isn’t a good team nor is Muschamp.

If we were starting off against Florida or Georgia then that’d be a different story.

Started feeling nervous about this game and then I saw Hill as starting QB. Then I played out Pruitt D vs Bobo O. We will be able to run the ball. I am relaxed now.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Former Colorado State QB beats out Hillsinki...kinda surprising. Pretty underwhelming stats but I guess he is most familiar with Bobo's offense.

Collin Hill - Football - Colorado State University Athletics

Bonus...SC fans don't seem hyped about this decision or their talent level

Im starting on the "What other message boards are saying-SC edition" tomorrow. Cant wait to see what their fans are saying and the fact that....ITS ALMOST FOOTBALL TIME.

Not like Hilinski was any good last year. Was actually a bit surprised Doty couldn't come in and steal it. Obviously in the same situation as HB though. He looked really solid at the E11 though.
Doty apparently hit a "wall". Not sure if it meant with him at QB or WR.

I just looked at South Carolina's roster and yikes. No experience really at WR, RB, or TE except for Shi Smith. As for Hill, the only SEC team he played last year (Arkansas, who was awful) he complete 13-23 passes for 99 yards and they got destroyed. His record and stats against power 5 teams is awful.

I just looked at South Carolina's roster and yikes. No experience really at WR, RB, or TE except for Shi Smith. As for Hill, the only SEC team he played last year (Arkansas, who was awful) he complete 13-23 passes for 99 yards and they got destroyed. His record and stats against power 5 teams is awful.
Shi Smith is a VERY average SEC receiver. All bias aside, he’s behind Palmer and ahead of Keyton. They legit have no other returning skill position starters.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I remember what a sense of joy many had when we learned that Oklahoma was starting a walk on from Texas Tech against us a few years ago. Turned out that walk on named Baker Mayfield wasn't too shabby.

Reactions: jarnol32
Does not appear to be a running QB. Good, good.
He will not need to run the football. This kid has a lot of experience and his read/release time is always around (or under) 2.5 seconds. We are fixing to get a valuable lesson in why double-threat QBs are overrated.
The only issue that I see is that he reads only one-half of the field. Our LBs will have to be extremely disciplined (don't overreact to the pre snap motion), and if we jam their outside receivers off the line, we might be able to apply pressure.
This will be a tough game.

Reactions: Volinnooga

VN Store

Back