College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

They are on pace for their 2nd consecutive 20-loss season. They are not a destination spot currently. If you want to live in the past and consider them a big time spot then so be it. I’m not considering a program with 25 wins over 3 seasons to be a big time job right now. Sorry but those are the facts.
When Scott Drew takes the job will you think otherwise?

He went back to Butler. I suppose history could repeat itself.

There could be no shortage of big jobs open: Ohio State, Louisville, Indiana, Vandy, Michigan, USC, which would cause a ripple effect.
The basketball/head coaches in the Big Ten is historically bad this year

Actually, it was a mutual separation. He went to the AD and negotiated a midseason buyout because he knew he was in trouble due to secondary NCAA violations while they were already on probation.
Whatever you want to call it, but we all know schools will attempt to ride through with the coach if he’s winning. The fans were restless, and UL didn’t care about retaining him. He negotiated a buyout because I’m sure he had some baggage, and UL paid less than half what he was owed.

Reactions: VolCalls
Rick Pitino put Louisville on the map for modern basketball. So no I would not consider them a big time program. There is a reason Chris Mack left. If they are such a big program then why did he leave? Oh yeah, UCLA was an actual big time job so he left.

Georgetown has been awful for several years now. Once again, they are not a big time program. The bare minimum should be to make the tournament every three years. They can’t even do that. The last time they legitimately made a tournament without the help of an automatic bid was 2014-15. No that isn’t a big time job currently.

Denny Crum disagrees

Whatever you want to call it, but we all know schools will attempt to ride through with the coach if he’s winning. The fans were restless, and UL didn’t care about retaining him. He negotiated a buyout because I’m sure he had some baggage, and UL paid less than half what he was owed.
They didn’t care about retaining but all he has done is take UCLA to the Final Four while Louisville has 12 wins the past 2 seasons…

Last I checked a rum hasn’t coached Louisville since the 80s…
He coached there until 2001. Got to a Sweet Sixteen in 1997. In fact, he was their coach right until Pitino replaced him. So it was definitely a case of trying to find someone to follow up a legend.

They didn’t care about retaining but all he has done is take UCLA to the Final Four while Louisville has 12 wins the past 2 seasons…
Chris Mack hasn’t coached anyone since he left Louisville. The head coach at UCLA is Mick Cronin, who came from Cincinnati. Cronin, BTW, reached out to Louisville about their job two years ago, while at UCLA, but the school decided to hire Kenny Payne.

I rest my case.

Sorry they are both bald headed white guys with almost identical winning percentages 🙄
Mick Cronin must be nuts reaching out to Louisville when he coaches at the school that has won most NCAA titles and have all that talent on West Coast.

Living in Kentucky vs living in California 🤔

Mick Cronin must be nuts reaching out to Louisville when he coaches at the school that has won most NCAA titles and have all that talent on West Coast.

Living in Kentucky vs living in California 🤔
Mick grew up in Cincinnati and his dad, siblings, and kids are there. Totally different basketball climate than it was in the 70s. UCLA has won one title in the last 49 years. Plus, he was an assistant at Louisville under Pitino for two seasons and has lots of friends in the area.

Last edited:
So….a Florida win tonight gives us sole possession of 1st place?
Sole possession of 1-seed in SEC Tournament. Tied with Bama for SEC Regular season title. The SEC regular season title doesn’t have tiebreakers. The SECT does. Any teams tied for 1st at the end of the year will be co-regular season champs.

Florida vs bama is like Kentucky vs bama. All are win win for vols.

Need help for championship plus ensure vols get double bye.

VN Store

Back