College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

To be honest, the SEC has been a disappointment this year. Feels like it’s 4 clear contenders and then a bunch of mid. Which is where our margin for error is going to be slim in games to teams not in the upper echelon because Auburn is rolling through their cupcake schedule right now.
I agree and another reason I cringe thinking about the MsSt loss. Should not have happened.

I don’t think the Big 10 is that good either. It’s Purdue, Wisconsin, and Illinois and that’s it. Everyone else is meh. And TN beat two of those 3. I think the SEC is better than the Big 10 but the Big 12 is far and away the best conference again.
Just at quick glance, SEC and Big 12 both have 4 teams in the top 16 at KenPom. Yes, that’s an arbitrary number because I stopped at UK. However, Houston, BYU, and Iowa State played awful OOC schedules. We have two wins that are better than those 3 combined. Efficiency numbers are good, but quality wins are not. I’m just not so quick to say those teams cumulatively are better, but the Big 12 is probably deeper. The question is how would teams like South Carolina, UGA, Ole Miss stack up against Cincinnati, TCU, Texas?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
@Alabama will tell us all we need to know about Auburn even if they don't have an answer for Broome. Their resume is pretty weak though, they aren't road tested and they haven't really beaten anyone.

Ole Miss just a product of a crap schedule and luck.

He's more than depth. At least in terms of talent. How long it takes to inject him in the rotation and consistently providing help is a question at the mid-point of the season, but he's really freaking good.
He came back to earth that 2nd half but obviously has some skill and runs better than I thought. Bradshaw is their best 5 imo.

At least people know to cover him on the 3 point line now. UGA probably had nothing on him.

Last edited:
He came back to earth that 2nd half but obviously has some skill and runs better than I thought. Bradshaw is their best 5 imo.

At least people know to cover him on the 3 point line now. UGA probably had nothing on him.
But there is the problem. If you bring your big out to guard him, and at 7-2, ZZ can’t be the one to do that, you open up the middle to the other 4 players who can all dribble drive.

One of the fans had to tell me that we haven’t won anything lol I thought that was funny lol then I mentioned how we have beaten Kentucky more times than any team in basketball and then I asked him about there football team he shut up real quick I wanna win this Kentucky game to show them that Rick Barnes has cals number I absolutely hate kensucky
It’s only because they have played each other more than anyone else. Kentucky has more than double the number of wins against Tennessee. It’s okay to tip your hat to them

But there is the problem. If you bring your big out to guard him, and at 7-2, ZZ can’t be the one to do that, you open up the middle to the other 4 players who can all dribble drive.
For sure. Bradshaw is capable of hitting that shot as well. Can’t leave him open either.

For sure. Bradshaw is capable of hitting that shot as well. Can’t leave him open either.
Z is a 3-level player. Bradshaw can hit that outside shot, but is no threat to put the ball on the floor between there and the basket, really. Z also runs the floor better than any of their bigs.

Suffice to say, UK has a ton of options between Z, Bradshaw, and Onyenso. All those guys are good options and each have different skill sets.

Kentucky has the deepest roster in the SEC. We knew that the potential was there for them to be really good considering they brought in one of the best recruiting classes of all-time.

They certainly look the part and winning in Rupp looks unlikely, but I do think UK will get bounced earlier than expected in March because of the fact that they are so disinterested in guarding.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If he repeats this performance next game, I’ll get nervous. Can’t convince me this isn’t a 1 off.
Georgia left the guy wide open on 4 straight possessions. Yes, give him credit for making those, but he just gave us and everyone else a nice early scouting report with that exchange. Thanks to Georgia for helping as well.

Georgia left the guy wide open on 4 straight possessions. Yes, give him credit for making those, but he just gave us and everyone else a nice early scouting report with that exchange. Thanks to Georgia for helping as well.
This is wide open? Better get a big out there on him or he might go Dirk on a lot of teams.

Attachments

• IMG_0643.jpeg
    IMG_0643.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 25

You might be on to something. GA couldn't guard a water cooler.

VN Store

Back