College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

I would just like to call out that the big 10 started with NINE teams in the tourney and not a single team made it to the elite eight and there top 2 teams lost to a 15 seed and an 11 seed.

It would be more satisfying if we were still in the tourney but it’s still satisfying to know that they are still overrated during the season every year

I would just like to call out that the big 10 started with NINE teams in the tourney and not a single team made it to the elite eight and there top 2 teams lost to a 15 seed and an 11 seed.

It would be more satisfying if we were still in the tourney but it’s still satisfying to know that they are still overrated during the season every year
The SEC’s top three seeded teams lost to a 10, a 15, and an 11 respectively.

Reactions: Big time vol
Lends further credence to my idea that we should get rid of stupid people on a committee selecting and seeding teams and let a computer do it every year.

The selection committee doesn't care about the best teams and resumes. They care about match ups and drama. A mix of blue bloods and advancing double digit seeds are what they like best.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I wonder if the Memphis situation will lead to any potential transfer targets? Bates can't be happy with how he developed, or absolutely failed to develop, under Penny.

I wonder if the Memphis situation will lead to any potential transfer targets? Bates can't be happy with how he developed, or absolutely failed to develop, under Penny.

A few weeks ago, it seemed like a foregone conclusion that he was gone. But during the NCAAT, there was more positive speculation that he’s considering another year at Memphis. Who knows. Minott is already gone, and Duren is going pro. I would be surprised if Landers Nolley stayed.

Bates was simply overrated. I don’t think there is anything Penny could do about that. Once Bates measurables got released prior to the season, it was pretty clear. Heck, I had a better vertical leap than him when I was in high school.

i-like-you-youre-crazy.gif

Reactions: cncchris33
Bates was simply overrated. I don’t think there is anything Penny could do about that. Once Bates measurables got released prior to the season, it was pretty clear. Heck, I had a better vertical leap than him when I was in high school.

He was pretty dominant against good competition in high school/AAU. He dropped 36 on Holmgren and company in their dual. I trust Izzo's evaluation too. I'd say it's more likely a Penny having no idea how to develop players problem. Really good players seem to rarely make good coaches.

Are we really blaming officiating when we have a two seed lose by 19 and two seed get beat by a 15 seed. When does it ever stop?
You misread my post. I am not blaming officiating for any losses. Although is some cases you could but I am not blaming officiating for our tournament losses
We had several regular season games this year, yes.
Conferences as it has been mentioned have different standards in calls ast to the Physically of Fouls. It varys from game to game.
Teams play to the standard of their league every year and some let more physically go and others do not.
Basically there is a variation of standards in every conference.
Teams have to adjust accordingly.
Tennessee got beat, Kentucky got beat, Auburn got beat. Not blaming the Refs, but simply stating as Jay Bilas did there is not a standard.

Are we really blaming officiating when we have a two seed lose by 19 and two seed get beat by a 15 seed. When does it ever stop?
You misread my post. I am not blaming officiating for any losses. Although is some cases you could but I am not blaming officiating for our tournament losses
The NCAA is about Seeding & Officialing. Somebody mentioned Coaching, I agree.

agree, but i was all over the place in picking who would win and who would fail

Looks like Seton Hall got lucky in coach replacement timing. Your first round losing coach walks for a new job and you get an elite 8 coach that took his ragtag bunch out and slayed giants.

My greatest hope is that Tennessee starts producing coaches. It's crazy how few former players in football or basketball go on to coach from here. We never have some alumni out there waiting to take over. It'll be down the road, but I could see Grant being a coach.

Looks like Seton Hall got lucky in coach replacement timing. Your first round losing coach walks for a new job and you get an elite 8 coach that took his ragtag bunch out and slayed giants.

My greatest hope is that Tennessee starts producing coaches. It's crazy how few former players in football or basketball go on to coach from here. We never have some alumni out there waiting to take over. It'll be down the road, but I could see Grant being a coach.
I truly think Schwartz will become a good HC at ECU. Wouldn't that be something if he takes over once Barnes retires.

Could be a flash in the pan. His tenure at St Peter’s is mixed. But Seton Hall’s hand is basically forced. No way they can pass on him. Unfortunately he’s not inheriting a team which is set up well offensively. Not his forte. In fact he’s not inheriting much of a team at all. The majority of the rotation are seniors. Going to need to be a heck of a recruiter

Could be a flash in the pan. His tenure at St Peter’s is mixed. But Seton Hall’s hand is basically forced. No way they can pass on him. Unfortunately he’s not inheriting a team which is set up well offensively. Not his forte. In fact he’s not inheriting much of a team at all. The majority of the rotation are seniors. Going to need to be a heck of a recruiter
I hesitate to say he won’t have success there, but I am skeptical. I do wish him the best of luck.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back