College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Is he a grad transfer candidate? Not for UT obviously, but would like to see him get a chance at a somewhat bigger school.
I'm not sure why Tennessee wouldn't take a look, honestly. I think the staff always believed in him, hence the early offer. What he needed was floor time and it wasn't happening at Tennessee. Not necessarily because he wasn't talented, but because the guys ahead of him were better. You can kind of look at it like sending a guy down to the minor leagues in baseball. Not everyone sent down to the minors can't play. They just don't have a path to playing time on the big league club and they can see the field and develop in the minors. That is kind of what happened for Drew.

You think he might want to do a grad transfer here? Think we will pursue him? I think it would be great if so
I just know he left here on great terms and TBA is about 10 minutes from his house, I think both parties would have interest if he opted for another year as a transfer.

I'm not sure why Tennessee wouldn't take a look, honestly. I think the staff always believed in him, hence the early offer. What he needed was floor time and it wasn't happening at Tennessee. Not necessarily because he wasn't talented, but because the guys ahead of him were better. You can kind of look at it like sending a guy down to the minor leagues in baseball. Not everyone sent down to the minors can't play. They just don't have a path to playing time on the big league club and they can see the field and develop in the minors. That is kind of what happened for Drew.
I just figured it doesn't happen often that a player goes back to a school he transferred away from.

I just figured it doesn't happen often that a player goes back to a school he transferred away from.
No, you're right. I just don't think this marriage ended on bad terms, necessarily. I believe Tennessee helped to place him at UNCA, and I think would likely welcome him back if we had room and he had the desire. He's proven his worth at that level, gained experience, and would be more in a position to contribute at this point.

No, you're right. I just don't think this marriage ended on bad terms, necessarily. I believe Tennessee helped to place him at UNCA, and I think would likely welcome him back if we had room and he had the desire. He's proven his worth at that level, gained experience, and would be more in a position to contribute at this point.
I think he burned his bridges with what he said about Rick Barnes

Gonzaga feels like they might be just a bit overrated this season. They do not look like their typically dominant selves.

Not sure you can take much from an outdoor game where outside shots are clearly affected by wind. It takes away half of their offense and Mich St seems to have a more physical inside presence. Time will tell.

Not sure you can take much from an outdoor game where outside shots are clearly affected by wind. It takes away half of their offense and Mich St seems to have a more physical inside presence. Time will tell.

I’m basing it off our exhibition as well. I just haven’t been that impressed with Gonzaga so far considering they are supposedly the #2 team in the country. They certainly are a good team, I’m just not seeing anything that scream #2.

But I keep getting told that Timme is some amazing player and should be player of the year. LOL

VN Store

Back