College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

I looked it up in the history section on UTsports site and it said the score of the Georgetown game was 37-36. My memory isn't that good but your's sounds better.
When he posted that, I thought I remembered that game being played in the 30s because I couldn't consciously remember a game that low scoring in my adult lifetime. Glad you looked it up. Talk about all-time awful. Two entire teams of D1 athletes neither managing to get out of the 30s for an entire game. I'm mildly disappointed when we don't score more than 36 in the 1st half of many games, today.

Frank Martin is probably on borrowed time at South Carolina after their loss to Coastal Carolina.
He’s only survived this long because of that fluke Final Four run. This is why schools should be careful not to overemphasize the tournament when evaluating a coach’s job performance.

Oregon State is going to learn that lesson the hard way. They were set to fire their coach last year until they got on the flukiest of all fluke runs to win the pac 12 tourney and make the elite eight. Well they decided to raise and extend him instead based on that run. They’re 1-7 this year. But they’re probably stuck with that coach now because they’ve made firing him unaffordable.

You guys need to cut Cuonzo some slack; he's not used to being at the same place past a 3rd year and the Covid year didn't really count. This is brand new territory for him.

/s /blue font #PileOnCuonzo.

Mark Turgeon is stepping down at an interesting time. My guess is they expected better than 5-3 at this point, but there is plenty of time. He won the Big Ten in 2020 when the NCAAT was cancelled.

Mark Turgeon is stepping down at an interesting time. My guess is they expected better than 5-3 at this point, but there is plenty of time. He won the Big Ten in 2020 when the NCAAT was cancelled.

Man that is a rash decision despite the lack of tourney success. 8 games into the season?

Reactions: Volfan1000
Frank Martin is probably on borrowed time at South Carolina after their loss to Coastal Carolina.

He’s had 2 or 3 decent seasons, but he’s been horribly inconsistent compared to his time at Kansas State. I thought he was a great hire for them at the time and thought he would do better than he has.

Last edited:
Weren’t they just talking last week about making a final 4?
They were. Now half of them are actually saying Penny is the reason. Look, they may beat Tennessee in Nashville, but their coach was a very good NBA player, but not a good coach. For all the anti-Barnes sentiment amongst our fanbase, I would point them towards Hardaway for what is a true coaching malpractice situation.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
CSNbbs - Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum

This is where they all hang out. Prepare yourself for an unhealthy hatred of all things UT.

I mean we are better than them in every sport and we gave Tony V a chance to be a head coach when they passed on him, so they’re probably just extremely jealous. Now Tony is out there poaching ALL the top recruits from Missouri and it just pisses them off even more lol.

EDIT: Wrong Tigers. Lol. Thought you meant Mizzou.

The Tiger High fan meltdown is priceless.
With those kids he brought in this year its honestly hard to figure how they can lose those two games. I think lack of a true point guard, turnovers, and no one knowing how to play WITHOUT the ball have been their downfall. I did hear a national podcast today (rarely listen to those things) say they are playing like an AAU team. Wonder if Larry Brown is saying to himself "what could I have been thinking coming out of retirement". When the talent is this high though they can still win a lot of games...literally on talent ALONE!

With those kids he brought in this year its honestly hard to figure how they can lose those two games. I think lack of a true point guard, turnovers, and no one knowing how to play WITHOUT the ball have been their downfall. I did hear a national podcast today (rarely listen to those things) say they are playing like an AAU team. Wonder if Larry Brown is saying to himself "what could I have been thinking coming out of retirement". When the talent is this high though they can still win a lot of games...literally on talent ALONE!

Coaching

VN Store

Back