College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Colorado was down 17 to UCLA in the 1st half but cut it to 4 with 9 min. to go. Bruins eventually won by a dozen but were in a fight.

It appears our quick guards can get to the rim vs the Buff's pressure man to man..

Lol TV Teddy trending on Twitter

Teddy V should have been done several years ago when he claimed he was “retiring” after the incident with the UNC player. You knew he wasn’t retiring, but conferences shouldn’t hire him anymore.

Texas Tech has one of the worst schedule in the country. We're the first good team they'll face. (edit: And I just saw they lost to Providence. We definitely should win)

Texas Tech has one of the worst schedule in the country. We're the first good team they'll face. (edit: And I just saw they lost to Providence. We definitely should win)
It'll be a difficult game if we shoot 3s like we did against TN Tech. Won't be able to dominate in the paint like we did against them. If the 3s fall we'll win big. Providence was a 6 win team. No slouch.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It'll be a difficult game if we shoot 3s like we did against TN Tech. Won't be able to dominate in the paint like we did against them. If the 3s fall we'll win big. Providence was a 6 win team. No slouch.

Powell was out sick for TN Tech so hopefully those cold shooting games will be rare going forward. TN needs an inside threat though for teams that defend the perimeter as well as Villanova did.

Key to beating TX Tech is forcing/converting TOs. Chandler and Ziegler are going to be big for us in that dept. Their backcourt turns it over quite a bit. I think we win by 6

We have a tough stretch coming up, hopefully we come prepared. Memphis definitely is not a “good” team but I fully expect them to give us their all, if not their best game of the season. It happens every time we play them. I’m sure they will be far more pumped up for that game than Georgia.

Besides, that team still has a lot of elite talent and even if they are poorly coached there is always a chance their future lottery picks just go off and make it a battle. Hope not though.

We have a tough stretch coming up, hopefully we come prepared. Memphis definitely is not a “good” team but I fully expect them to give us their all, if not their best game of the season. It happens every time we play them. I’m sure they will be far more pumped up for that game than Georgia.

Besides, that team still has a lot of elite talent and even if they are poorly coached there is always a chance their future lottery picks just go off and make it a battle. Hope not though.
Agree, no doubt in my mind, UT gets Tiger High's best shot. I think we win, but it will be a battle

Derrick Walker is having a really nice season at Nebraska. Averaging 10.1 pts. and 6.1 rebs., this year, and averaging 14 ppg over his last 5 where he has shot 30-35 (85.7%) from the field. Currently listed at 6-9, 239lbs.
I mean, I was technically wrong about Derrick Walker, at UT, but I knew he had game. Can't help myself, I always root for the transfers, unless they play against UT.

Emoni is being held back by being forced to run the point. And their fans want us to believe they didn’t want a 5 star point guard who grew up in their backyard.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
I mean, I was technically wrong about Derrick Walker, at UT, but I knew he had game. Can't help myself, I always root for the transfers, unless they play against UT.
I think he had proven himself to be talented enough to contribute in spots, but he seemingly needed a change of scenery, unfortunately. He also was The kind of numbers he is putting up for Nebraska is the ceiling I want Nkamhoua to reach, and ON is matching Walker, statistically, at this point. If he can maintain that level of play, I'll be pleased with ON, especially given that I didn't see much in him, early on, to warrant much confidence.

Niko Medved out at Colorado St will probably be on some boards after this season. He’s steadily improved every program he’s been at and this year and will have them competing for the MWC title in his 4th season after inheriting an awful team. He’s coached 11 combined seasons in SC at Furman. Might be worth a look

Emoni is being held back by being forced to run the point. And their fans want us to believe they didn’t want a 5 star point guard who grew up in their backyard.

Jalen Duren is probably kicking himself for not going to Kentucky now. Say what you want about Cal but he will pay you the big boy bucks AND actually develop you into an NBA talent. Penny can only fork out the dough. I have no idea why anyone wants to play for Penny. But, unless this season shapes up he might not get many Emoni or Jalen’s in the future because of it.

Have to think Frank near the end of the line there. If they finish w a losing record this season could that be it?
I’m surprised, quite frankly, that the chickens have given him the latitude he has. Maybe it all goes back to his Final Four. I like the guy, though.

Reactions: 67Vol

VN Store

Back