College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Dayton, Iona, or Belmont is going to win a tournament that featured Kansas and Alabama. College basketball. You gotta love it.

That’s why the whole tournament success argument is stupid.

College basketball most of the time, a lot luck is involved.

Sometimes the ball bounces your way, sometimes it doesn’t.

I’m not really sure what to make of Memphis. Talent everywhere but I don’t really see them running a lot of offensive sets. It seems their main goal is to speed the game up with defensive pressure and try and get transition baskets. Not really a combo that wins games come March. Memphis has 12 turnovers in this first half.

I'm not impressed with the Memphis offense, but Iowa State looks to be better than advertised. They should be ranked after this week.

I’m not really sure what to make of Memphis. Talent everywhere but I don’t really see them running a lot of offensive sets. It seems their main goal is to speed the game up with defensive pressure and try and get transition baskets. Not really a combo that wins games come March. Memphis has 12 turnovers in this first half.
They don’t run offensive sets. Spread it out and at some point, one of them will drive and throw one up. If not, they’ll force a wild 3. They have a lot of raw talent but no point guard. He insists on playing Alex Lomax who has played for Penny since like the 6th grade and I believe lived with Penny for a while. Lots of complaints about favoritism. Lomax is a turnover machine. Crazy that they have all these 4 and 5 star players and he hasn’t been able to recruit even a 2 star point guard.

VN Store

Back