College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

In that 7 game span their defense is actually Top 5 nationally too
I incorrectly stated that their defensive efficiency dropped in the SEC following yesterday's win. It actually jumped to 4th. The order automatically defaults from worst to first, for some reason. I just caught that, and still not sure why they would list it in reverse by default. Admittedly, I was shocked to think it dropped following a dominating win.

So, Bama is 5th in offensive efficiency and 4th in defensive efficiency.

Tennessee is 2nd in offensive efficiency and 1st in defensive efficiency.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I incorrectly stated that their defensive efficiency dropped in the SEC following yesterday's win. It actually jumped to 4th. The order automatically defaults from worst to first, for some reason. I just caught that, and still not sure why they would list it in reverse by default. Admittedly, I was shocked to think it dropped following a dominating win.

Chris, which source you using?

On the whole season, correct? I was referring to pats 7 games specifically.

Next year is going to be a pivotal year for Penny. His first season was promising but he’s otherwise been disappointing. Still a young team and he has a good recruiting class next year but if he can’t make the tourney in his 4th year you have to wonder if they‘ll be thinking about pulling the plug on their hometown savior

Last edited:
Next year is going to be a pivotal year for Penny. His first season was promising but he’s otherwise been disappointing. Still a young team and he has a good recruiting class next year but if he can’t make the tourney in his 4th year you have to wonder if they‘ll be thinking about pulling the plug on their hometown savior
Hard to imagine they'd do an about face after the extension they gave him.

see cardvo post
l....watched hawkeyes on and off since late 6os
always good shhoters and well coached
Those Dr. Tom Davis' teams, with Roy Marble (my favorite player his junior and/or senior year, when he was 1st team all Big Ten), Brad Lohaus, BJ Armstrong and juco transfer, Gerry Wright (he won a dunk contest with a cartwheel dunk, I swear to u all, I saw it and I thought it was cool in high school, but when I saw it 10+ years ago, it was so lame). Davis taught Pearl how to coach, still uses a lot of his system, like pressing until they get the ball in, if they have the trap, then trap, if not fall back. Pearl runs the same offense, kinda, a lot more 3s. But that's what great coaches do, learn from a great coach and then improve on it. I gotta give Pearl respect, but I can't stand him. Anyway, I've always kinda liked Iowa, I think it was my freshmen year that Marble was my favorite player, in '85-'86

Those Dr. Tom Davis' teams, with Roy Marble (my favorite player his junior and/or senior year, when he was 1st team all Big Ten), Brad Lohaus, BJ Armstrong and juco transfer, Gerry Wright (he won a dunk contest with a cartwheel dunk, I swear to u all, I saw it and I thought it was cool in high school, but when I saw it 10+ years ago, it was so lame). Davis taught Pearl how to coach, still uses a lot of his system, like pressing until they get the ball in, if they have the trap, then trap, if not fall back. Pearl runs the same offense, kinda, a lot more 3s. But that's what great coaches do, learn from a great coach and then improve on it. I gotta give Pearl respect, but I can't stand him. Anyway, I've always kinda liked Iowa, I think it was my freshmen year that Marble was my favorite player, in '85-'86

That was an exciting period for Iowa I had forgotten those ties to Pearl. Hawkeyes got my attention durinr1969-70 (note late 60s) with the eunbeaten B10 team that advanced a little in NCAA tourney. Watched closely again from the start of Lute Olson run.

I'll never count em out and Garza, well, is plain special

That was an exciting period for Iowa I had forgotten those ties to Pearl. Hawkeyes got my attention durinr1969-70 (note late 60s) with the eunbeaten B10 team that advanced a little in NCAA tourney. Watched closely again from the start of Lute Olson run.

I'll never count em out and Garza, well, is plain special
I watched just about 5 minutes of game time in their game yesterday bs Northwestern, and Garza had 5 or 6 rebounds in the amount of time. He probably got 4 of those rebounds (3 defensive and 1 offensive) in three straight trips down and back. Seeing that he finished with only 10 was kinda surprising. He just dominated the boards in the 5 minutes I watched.

#18 Alabama

I guess that's fair considering they weren't getting any votes a few weeks ago. Still - you could imagine bama making a lot of teams ranked ahead of them look bad.

VN Store

Back