College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Watching Baylor throttle Kansas early makes it evident that it's 2 teams and everyone else this year. Zags n Baylor are just next level good.
I really think Zags are on a level by themselves. Baylor then being 2nd best team. Unless something chances NCAA needs to make those two teams can only meet in finals.

They’ve always had a very short leash on their coaches. Letting him go 4 years without a tourney appearance would make it 8 straight years for the program.

Any short leash has to do with money. Tubby wasn't recruiting, and fans weren't going. They gave Pastner 7 years.

I still can’t believe Memphis gave him that FIVE year extension...I mean did they not learn anything watching the s*it show going on with their big brother down the road in Knoxville? Never give extensions to underachieving coaches.

I think it was a little different for them. Penny's initial contract was only 3 years at $4.8 million. That's below market price, and Memphis was having to pay Tubby's buyout.

He started his last year on his initial contract, and the 5 year extension now just goes to 2025-2026. Also, I think they are of the opinion to be patient with him because where do they turn if he can't change the trajectory of the program?

To me, these circumstances are different than Pruitt's.

Credit to Nate Oates, how Alabama is playing right now is what I expected from Tennessee this season. It’s immensely disappointing how the season has turned out so far.

Just six games in to SEC play and it looks like the Tide are going to run away with the conference title. It’s pretty damn impressive. I see no signs of their perimeter shooting slowing down.

They’re just a damn good basketball team and it makes me sad. I thought that would be us.

Credit to Nate Oates, how Alabama is playing right now is what I expected from Tennessee this season. It’s immensely disappointing how the season has turned out so far.

Just six games in to SEC play and it looks like the Tide are going to run away with the conference title. It’s pretty damn impressive. I see no signs of their perimeter shooting slowing down.

They’re just a damn good basketball team and it makes me sad. I thought that would be us.
Agreed they are head and shoulders above everybody else to this point. People can say what they want about defense but shooting the 3 like they do will win a lot of games

Reactions: ArdentVol
I'm tired of questioning Bama and assuming they will cool off at some point. I'm bought in until they fall apart. They are hitting on all cylinders, right now, and it is unreal. That first half of basketball vs LSU was as equally as impressive as our first half vs Florida was embarrassing. Two teams tailing in opposite directions, at the moment.

Duke Pitt a good game on ESPN, though I understand if anybody has had their fill of CBB for tonight haha

I'm tired of questioning Bama and assuming they will cool off at some point. I'm bought in until they fall apart. They are hitting on all cylinders, right now, and it is unreal. That first half of basketball vs LSU was as equally as impressive as our first half vs Florida was embarrassing. Two teams tailing in opposite directions, at the moment.

The only thing I will say is it’s still early. And if they pick the wrong time to finally cool off it could end up making their season look pretty meh.

The only thing I will say is it’s still early. And if they pick the wrong time to finally cool off it could end up making their season look pretty meh.
We're halfway thru the season, now, though. Hard to continue to say it's early when they seem to get better every game and we are 20 days into January.

I think it's fair to say they can cool off at any point, and they come back to earth. I'm just finished assuming it will happen. With every hit that comes their way, they rise above it and play better. Tennessee lost one player last night, and immediately looked like a shell of themselves. Bama has played the majority of the SEC season without one, or more, of Jordan Bruner and Jahvon Quinerly and remain undefeated, almost unchallenged in the face of those losses.

Live by the 3, die by the 3. It could all come crashing down at some point. I've just yet to see it when I thought I surely would have by now.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
If Pons doesn’t start playing like he did last season its probably not going to matter anyway. We really need a healthy Springer as well and not so sure Fulky is healthy as he looks like he has lost 15 lbs. Sat. Vs. Mizzoo will be huge.

Reactions: VolBalls33

bolded comment to convey my feelings. It's killing me

@ColinS you catch Auburn’s loss to Arkansas last night? Gotta thank Pearl is deserving of a fair amount of criticism, 8-7(2-4), currently 13th place in the SEC...so much for that NCAAT run, they might need to run out from this point.

VN Store

Back