College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Byrd doing byrd things the last 45seconds of the half

Went to zone after the TO by temple that screwed up their plan to go 2 for 1 and then a great out of bounds play to score at the end

Wonderful coaching by even a better man

Reactions: JoAllan
I have felt since the expansion that the play in winners have a serious advantage in round 1. Bruins might win
In each year of the 8 years since expansion, a First Four participant has advanced to the round of 32. Only once has it been the winner of Tuesday’s non-16 matchup. 4 times, the winner of the Wednesday night, non-16 matchup has reached the Sweet 16, with VCU making the Final 4 in 2011. The Tuesday winner of the non-16 matchup has never advanced past the round of 32.

Last edited:
In each year of the 8 years since expansion, a First Four participant has advanced to the round of 32. Only once has it been a winner of a 16-16 matchup. 4 times, the winner of the Wednesday night, non-16 matchup has reached the Sweet 16, with VCU making the Final 4 in 2011. The Tuesday winner of the non-16 matchup has never advanced past the round of 32.
Who was the 16 seed?

In each year of the 8 years since expansion, a First Four participant has advanced to the round of 32. Only once has it been a winner of a 16-16 matchup. 4 times, the winner of the Wednesday night, non-16 matchup has reached the Sweet 16, with VCU making the Final 4 in 2011. The Tuesday winner of the non-16 matchup has never advanced past the round of 32.

Who was the 16 seed?
Sorry, I was typing that quickly this morning before heading out to work. I edited. It should have read that only once has the winner of Tuesday’s non-16 matchup advanced to the round of 32 (Wichita St in 2016).

The other 7 years, it has come from Wednesday night’s non-16 game winner.

Sorry, I was typing that quickly this morning before heading out to work. I edited. It should have read that only once has the winner of Tuesday’s non-16 matchup advanced to the round of 32 (Wichita St in 2016).

The other 7 years, it has come from Wednesday night’s non-16 game winner.
Interesting. Didn’t realize that

Rick Byrd felt relief when the school he has loved for all his life — the school that laid the foundation for his coaching career — chose Cuonzo Martin over him in March 2011.
“I didn’t really want the phone call to come,” Byrd said of an offer that would have come from then-Tennessee AD Mike Hamilton, who interviewed Byrd in Atlanta.
But…
“But when you don’t get it,” Byrd said, “you think, ‘Well, they didn’t think you were the best.’”

Love this guy! What a class act and complete legend.

I got Arizona State winning a couple games. Time to do work boys!
Hey they could especially since their opening game is a weak ST J, but State doesn’t have a good O, they don’t shoot it well are not great from the 3 and suck from the line...... and their D is like 172. I would not expect them to win Mis ST or Liberty.

Man TCUs court looks nice......... as long as you don’t mind not seeing natural wood. I’m an old schooler but I still like it; however I can see how some wouldn’t.

Man this ST J / AZ ST game is NOT fun to watch....... not at all.

But it’s the tourney so they got me on the hook.

VN Store

Back