College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Would take Tenn, Kentucky and mich state not winning their tourneys
I could see them bumping Gonzaga down. I just don't have any confidence in the commitee. There is 0 consistency in their standards. Thats why its hard to predict. And this year there's been a perfect storm of an excuse for them putting 3 ACC teams on the 1 line.

I could see them bumping Gonzaga down. I just don't have any confidence in the commitee. There is 0 consistency in their standards. Thats why its hard to predict. And this year there's been a perfect storm of an excuse for them putting 3 ACC teams on the 1 line.

I would be more than fine with them getting 3 over Gonzaga. Unc is much more deserving than the Zags

This

I understand that these are kids playing, but is anyone watching the Pac12 tourney right now? These Arizona State players are literally on the verge of stupid. Actually stupid. That conference is so bad, meanwhile, Bill Walton keeps begging for Oregon to be in the NCAA tourney. Dude....they’re 6th in the Pac12. Just stop. I’d take the Vols -30 vs Oregon.

All I know is that Belmont deserves a bid over TCU and NC State. If a team (NCSU) gets a bid with the worst non-conference schedule in the country....it’s a joke. TCU lost to Lipscomb, and Belmont beat them 2x. Do the right thing Selection Committee.

My 1 seeds
Virginia
Duke (assuming they win tonight)
UNC
Tennessee or Kentucky (winner Saturday gets the 1)

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
My 1 seeds
Virginia
UNC
It's hard to argue that the 3 ACC teams aren't 3 of the best 4 teams in the country.

Duke, with Zion, is just on a whole different level. The pressure to overlook their losses without him will be significant.

UVA is locked in.

The TN/KY winner has to win the SECT to get the 1, I believe.

The last spot comes down to UNC, Gonzaga, and Michigan State (if they win the Big10T).

For Gonzaga, the worst scenario for them to lose that 1 seed was for UVA to not win the ACCT.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I expect Duke to be the #1 overall seed. The shock and awe factor of the return of Zion will lock that in combined with 2-0 against Virginia. UVA got a break losing to FSU. Saves their fan base from the embarrassment of three losses to Duke, potentially four.

I just see no logical rationale for a Gonzaga to be a 1 seed. But logic doesn't drive these decisions.

My 1 seeds
Virginia
UNC

IMO, UT has to win the SECT to get to the 1 line. UK could beat us tomorrow and lose in the SECT game and still get a 1 seed. I've just seen the bias toward and against certain programs for too many years to believe the media and committees don't lean toward the blue bloods. We're redneck trash. The only way we get to a #1 seed is to win the SECT. I'd still feel that way had we won the regular season title by beating auburn. Kids have a great opportunity and can make program history if they pull it off.

Why do players never go to the basket down by 1 at the end of games? They always dribble around and chuck up an off-balance 3.

I think part of it is panic/indecision on what to do, and the other part is a game winning bomb looks good on Sportscenter.

Just saw Williamson run completely over a man who had position and no foul called. If the are not going to call the game fairly then why not just come out and say who they have determined to win.

Reactions: Knox-a-rue
Wow the PAC championship just started and if I want to watch it I have to put up with Gary Busey announcing.

UFC twice and Temple were better wins than Witicha state

Sorry but 5th in that conference while having better players........ doesn’t prove anything. Maybe he can coach (I doubt it) but certainly this year hasn’t shown it yet.

VN Store

Back