College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

End of the half, sideline reporter gal asks Mack some questions and he was rude as ****. Stared her down, mocked her questions - mostly because he was still pissed about ref's calls. When they cut to the studio Seth Greenberg mocked everything Mack said....points to Seth.

End of the half, sideline reporter gal asks Mack some questions and he was rude as ****. Stared her down, mocked her questions - mostly because he was still pissed about ref's calls. When they cut to the studio Seth Greenberg mocked everything Mack said....points to Seth.
I missed that. I've never seen anything like that from Mack before. Always thought he was a respectable coach.

Last week NC State score 24 pts - historical low by a ranked team. We have another record low this week:

Last night West Va - not ranked but you know, they're a team we're all familiar with and even played this year - hit 9 field goals. Nine. They lost 50-81. Most of their points came from the charity stripe (29 FTs vs 21 pts from field goals). 3 of their FGs were 3-pointers. Per ESPN: "West Virginia (10-13, 2-8) finished with only nine made field goals, the fewest ever for a Big 12 team and matching North Carolina State's total in a 47-24 loss to Virginia Tech on Saturday for the fewest by any team in a game this season."

Box score.
West Virginia vs. Texas Tech - Team Statistics - February 4, 2019 - ESPN

Spartans down by 12 with under 12 minutes to go. Bet it goes to OT and State wins. Vols will go to another channel and return to espn2 with about 5 minutes left in the 1st half

Reactions: VolGee4
Kats kill USCe 76-48
Yep and I caught hell when I said the 'Cats were the Vols biggest challenge in the SEC, a month ago. 'Cocks are a .500 team in the SEC, but still well coached. 'Cats are doing what they usually do, getting better and better as the season goes on. Washington, Travis, Herro and Hagans are comparable to Admiral, Grant, Bowden and Bone. Still, with Kyle and Lamonte, if we split, we win the SEC outright, imo

I don’t think he was one of their best. Certainly not enough to lose to Illinois
Langford was the team's 3rd leading scorer at 15 ppg. Call it what you want. 4th leading scorer averages 8.5 ppg, so a pretty big drop off.

I'm not saying it excuses a loss to Illinois, but in a tight game like that, you have to think missing a guy who averages 15 ppg probably made a difference.

In any case, at full strength, I disagree that MSU is overrated, which was the assertion of the OP. Since Langford was ruled out for the season, they are 0-3. They are clearly struggling to adjust.

VN Store

Back