College Gameday

Ya'll are dumb for not wanting Game Day on campus. The exposure would be huge.
I will take an IQ test with you anytime you wish. We can post the results here.
I totally understand Game Day would be exposure, not so sure they would have anything positive to say about us. I just have a problem kissing ESPN's azz, when they have done nothing but run UT down every chance they get. I can still remember when we went undefeated and won the NC. They still didn't say we earned it or that we had a great team. They said, "well UT sure did get lucky this year". I HATE ESPN. You can kiss up if you want.
It isn't up to me. I wish it was. If I don't like you, you are not invited to my house.

I am no longer a fan of Gameday. I don't watch it anymore.
I'd rather "Big Noon Kickoff" come to Knoxville. Gameday has an agenda.
Two years ago Herbstreit cried on the air while doing some left-wing whining. I haven't watched Gameday since.
Plus BNK has more guys that have played more recently and are easier to watch- Leinhardt, Bush, Quinn, Meyer and Stone.

What was he whining about?

Gameday would have been at Neyland for the Gators if they hadnt lost to Kentucky!
I think this is correct. They typically steer clear of other network games (CBS) unless it is clearly the best game of the week. Here they will find a game on ABC or ESPN to go to most likely.

Maybe I'm old. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I hate our games on the major networks. They take so long. I feel like we get three times more commercials and prolonging of the game when on ABC or CBS

I’m with you. Gameday hasn’t been on my tv since those fake tears
He should be embarrassed from that little stunt. I'm not the only one that was offended. I only watch ESPN for the in-game coverage. I don't watch that other schlock.

Clemson/Wake
Wisconsin/Ohio State
Ark/A&M

those are the only other 3 that should compete, unless they go an App State route, again. I bet they do Wisconsin/Ohio State

I don't think they'll do Wisconsin vs. Ohio State given that Wisconsin is now unranked and they can go back to Ohio State for the Michigan game or perhaps even IU. A&M squandered their giftwrapped GameDay shot for this weekend, so I don't think they're just pushing back their appearance by one week.

GameDay's only visit to Winston-Salem was during the COVID-19 season, so it's not unreasonable to think that they choose Wake Forest next week now that Hartman is back under center. Unless Clemson or Wake get upset this weekend, which feels unlikely but let's hope Hugh Freeze has a few tricks up his sleeve, I think that they have a really good shot of getting GameDay on the 24th. If Florida had held up its end of the bargain, there'd be no question that the crew would be rolling into Knoxville but sometimes **** happens.

A small silver lining is that week five has NC State versus Clemson, and I feel confident in saying that GameDay would prefer going to Clemson as opposed to Wake Forest so maybe that'll be a factor.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
He should be embarrassed from that little stunt. I'm not the only one that was offended. I only watch ESPN for the in-game coverage. I don't watch that other schlock.
I don’t watch ESPN at all until college football season. If I want left wing propaganda, I can pretty much watch any other channel.

Clemson/Wake
Wisconsin/Ohio State
Ark/A&M

those are the only other 3 that should compete, unless they go an App State route, again. I bet they do Wisconsin/Ohio State

Even though I am sure they will be at OSU Michigan, I am still betting Wisconsin at OSU. However, if Richardson goes off on FAU the way he should, maybe they choose to follow the Gata to Knoxville. They certainly aren't going to come for UT.

I totally understand Game Day would be exposure, not so sure they would have anything positive to say about us. I just have a problem kissing ESPN's azz, when they have done nothing but run UT down every chance they get. I can still remember when we went undefeated and won the NC. They still didn't say we earned it or that we had a great team. They said, "well UT sure did get lucky this year". I HATE ESPN. You can kiss up if you want.
It isn't up to me. I wish it was. If I don't like you, you are not invited to my house.
Boom 💥 👍👍

would not want them, understand free Publicity, $$ into city, etc. but I haven't seen the show in a long long time, can't remember last time saw it. Generally doing yard work done before the noon kick offs. Not interested in it. Maybe because that Dawg is on it.

Maybe this is my age showing, but who cares if they come?

As for a recruiting edge, is there really a high school player unaware of Tennessee? Why would seeing some unidentifiable backdrop on campus influence anyone? Do 16-18 year old athletes spend Saturday morning watching guys older than their parents bloviate aimlessly on a television ?

And as a sign Tennessee has turned a corner, I personally don't need ESPN to validate the direction of the program. How did their presence in Austin last weekend help Texas?

If we are 5-0 when Bama comes to town that'll be a top ten rivalry match for the first time in a very long time with playoff and conference implications. It'll be too tempting to resist.

We've got to take care of business against Florida and LSU.
They will have to hold up their end too tho
Bama doesn't look invincible this year

I used to love turning up the TV loud to hear Big & Rich singing "Coming to your City" with the line "Gimme that Rocky Top Tennessee" as orange clad players were slamming someone in the background, then they changed the song and left Tennessee out. And we are still out. Put the Vols back in the opening song and I might be more welcoming to ESPN.

Lol. Someone is very upset.

espn hates us. i know. i use to hate seeing that and always said, come on. But I've been really watching for the last several years. They only mention Tennessee when they have to. Thats news, they have to. I base my thoughts on watching commercials, clips and especially the GAME day saturday morning presentation. Tennessee used to be a big part of the pre show music video preluding the show. For years now, not one mention, not any actual video clips, and nothing this year. A couple years ago they only showed the Power T on a helmet for a micro second. prior to that only tennessee players getting crushed by bama or other team. I know this seems petty, but I used to enjoy watching Game Day and the music video. My thoughts.

espn hates us. i know. i use to hate seeing that and always said, come on. But I've been really watching for the last several years. They only mention Tennessee when they have to. Thats news, they have to. I base my thoughts on watching commercials, clips and especially the GAME day saturday morning presentation. Tennessee used to be a big part of the pre show music video preluding the show. For years now, not one mention, not any actual video clips, and nothing this year. A couple years ago they only showed the Power T on a helmet for a micro second. prior to that only tennessee players getting crushed by bama or other team. I know this seems petty, but I used to enjoy watching Game Day and the music video. My thoughts.
Tennessee is on the rise they will have to pay attention to the Vols

I think it's a 50/50 shot.

If Miami beats the Aggies this weekend, the odds of us hosting go way up

A few things working in our favor here-
1. Haven't been here in years.
2. They can "sell" UT-FL easily
3. Offense brings eyeballs

I think it's a 50/50 shot.

If Miami beats the Aggies this weekend, the odds of us hosting go way up

A few things working in our favor here-
1. Haven't been here in years.
2. They can "sell" UT-FL easily
3. Offense brings eyeballs
Do you think Gameday would be in Knoxville if both Tennessee and Kentucky were 7-0 going into their game?

Reactions: TennVols12

VN Store

Back